August 23, 2014 | 1776 users online

Hair - Quantum Glistening Golds

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Quantum Glistening Golds is a sytem of shampoo and conditioner, available at Sally's, in 10.2 ounce bottles, $5.99 each. The shampoo does contain ALS, and the conditioner contains dimethicone. I share this because I realize that some choose to avoid those ingredients.

For twenty or so years, I have tinted my coarse, naturally curly, prone to frizziness, brunette hair various shades of deep auburn, from plums to burgundies to russets to mahoganies. After a while the onslaught of gray precluded such colors, as they fade rather garishly on gray. So, in the past two years, I have instead used a warm, medium brown, and in the past year, have added highlights. The highlights help mask the gray as it grows in, but alas gold is not silver, so the highlights still stand in contrast. As a result, I have been experimenting with various color enhancing shampoos and conditioners in order to maintain the butterscotch gold of my highlights, and to warm the silver of encroaching grays.
So far, these products have been successful at doing both, and they have been kind to my processed hair. Someone with fine, oily hair may not enjoy these products as much as I do. But my highlights are not strawlike and have stayed honeyed, warm, and rich.

These products are mildly and pleasantly scented.