April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Chanel - Sublimage Eye

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by catiecarig

This product is super creamy and luxurious. I slathered it on as prescribed but did not see a change in my dark circles. I admit the texture of my bags aren't as dry and wrinkly...I wish it would help with darkness too! If it did it'd be 5 stars for sure. I have half a pot left and stopped using it and moved on to the next...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by chachakitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the very best eye cream product I've ever used. I wake up in the morning with the skin around my eyes plump and bright, even if I didn't get much sleep. Even really works on the dark circles, no lie. I literally have sold jewelry to afford it. Which is one major downside, the price. But I have dark circle issues that run in the family so it's sort of just the price I have to pay for bright eyes! The only other issue I have is the jar packaging because jars are so messy, difficult to apply without a proper applicator and lessen the quality of the ingredients over time. I have bunches of sample sizes, which are packaged in tubes, free from my Chanel sales people whenever I buy. Lastly, product is too tacky to be used in the am.
Visit a counter and score a sample, they should have bunches.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by jodichow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I literally begged for a sample from a Chanel salesgirl. Would have been a big investment for me. I tried a month of Chanel Precision Eye Cream with no visible results and was told by the salesgirl I'd need Sublimage. Good thing I didn't buy it. Not only it didn't work for me, it gave me a few millia..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Fenway45

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this last spring after being impressed with the sample. It is the only eye cream I've ever used that made any difference at all with dark circles. I stopped using it for awhile after a vacation (during which I was relaxed, got plenty of sleep, etc.) when my eyes were looking less dark. However, I noticed lately that my under eye circles were back, in force, so I began to use Sublimage again. The darkness under my eyes is once again diminishing. I don't see any noticeable effects on wrinkles or fine lines but the reduction in dark circles is dramatic. I wish it came in a tube and cost about $100 less, but the results and the length of time I've had one jar (about 9 months and counting!) make the price justifiable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I received this as a Christmas gift after I had used up my sample. This cream really impressed me because it has an amazing effect on my eye area, it virtually erases any bags or puffiness and fine lines and you can actually SEE IT HAPPENING within one minute after application, so it makes my eyes look much more awake and younger. However, I would not be willing to pay this price out of my own pocket, the packaging is posh but not hygienic and worst of all, this seems to give me an allergic reaction when applied as an overnight treatment - I get little red bumps on the outer corner of my eye. So now I just use it occasionally...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Yes! Worth! It! I do not use creams, I have great skin at my age but I got a sample of this and it works. I have fine lines and some puffiness and within 3 days this makes me look younger. I'm amazed and will buy it. It will last a long time so the $200 price tage really isn't that bad when you amortize it over probably 8 months of use. It's worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

I expected so much ,having paid almost 200eur,but i was a bit disappointed,it didnt see any difference.It is a really rich moisturizer ,but for me my normal clinique 30eur eye cream works as well.Maybe if i used it for a longer period it would have worked,but i'd rather have botox the same cost!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by macaosandy1

Wow what a waste of money....and if you have any sensitivity/allergies it will make your eyes swell up...made from some rare African flower but it should be considered a pesty weed.....I can't believe Chanel is selling this as their premier line....YUCK....I bought it returned it which of course Neiman's acts like their are doing you a favor taking it back!! It was an impulse purchase and would normally purchase Chanel/new product lines at Nordstrom because of their awonderful customer service.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a deluxe sample of this and have been using this religiously am and pm for about 5 weeks now. Despite my friend's love for this eye cream, this doesn't do much for me. For sure, I'm going to try something else and will not repurchase, especially at this insane price.

Regarding the eye cream, this is on the emollient side and it does make my eye area looking velvety and smooth for a while. I'm some tiny fine lines under one of my eyes and I can tell they look less apparent with this eye cream before the cream is fully absorbed. Therefore I don't think it helps to reduce fine lines... To be honest, I'm doubtful if there is an eye cream that can really reduce fine lines, instead of filling them with silicones or other ingredients for an illusion.

As for dark circles, I cannot see any improvement and I somehow think that they look worse. I'm not sure if this is my health or this eye cream though for sure, it won't reduce mine.

This is decently moisturizing enough for my Sahara eye area. I need a second eye cream though I can get away with this alone if the humidity isn't too low. If you don't have very very dry eye area, this alone may be enough for you.

Another problem is that it doesn't help my concealer to sit under my eyes better, or probably worse. Fyi, I'm using Cle de Peau's concealer. Can you imagine my concealer looks better on unmoisturized skin than with this?

Honestly, I'm disappointed with this eye cream, esp it comes from one of my favourite brands. It's not even an average eye cream for me, sadly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for my wallet, this product works wonders on my eye area. I've gone through many an eye cream and regular moisturizers around my eye area, but Chanel's sublimage eye cream has significantly reduced my fine lines and lightened my dark circles in the two months I've been using it this far. It's thick but you need very little, so I imagine the jar lasting a year or more even with twice daily usage. In my mind that eases the $200US price tag a bit, but if you don't want to commit to a full jar sample tubes are easy to get from Chanel counters (if the SAs are nice and generous) and/or eBay. Jars don't bother me so the packaging isn't an issue, and the vanilla scent is soft and not overpowering. Would be HG if it wasn't so out of my price comfort zone.