Jane Be Pure Mineral Makeup with *Puff attached*

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/25/2012 12:05:00 AM

I tried this a few years ago. Didn't really do anything for skin, just kind of sat there looking chalky. What a waste of money.

on 2/6/2011 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is the one product that I purchase over and over. It was my first mineral makeup and I liked that fact that it has a yellow undertone (i purchase the neutral color) which hides all of my dark spots. The coverage is excellent. I never used the puff. I just pour out a little bit of powder into the cap and use my powder brush. It's excellent. I have yet to find a powder that I need to touch up though for my nose though.

on 6/9/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this in BRONZER because I wanted something to give me a bit of color... and not just on my face... and I thought I could mix the powder into my body lotion. (yeah i wasnt aware of the g*d awful applicator). Personally I dont really like mineral makeup, I've got an HG foundation creme (gerda spellman) and I'm not looking to replace it. I know what works for me.. and my dry skin. This actually surprised me (besides the initial shock of the sponge applicator which was promptly removed)... it was a very nice bronze color for my fair skin... I used a blush brush and didnt have any irritation or dryness or sparklies... I will definitely get good mileage out of this for the summer. For the price... again... Jane really can't be beat and the value is there.

on 11/22/2009 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

hate the puff! it makes such a mess so i took it off. the powder is ok though :) its like their other loose powders

on 5/14/2009 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Poor selection of colors, chalky, bad packaging... ugh! Never again.

on 5/14/2009 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My sister bough the fair shade, and when she didn't like it passed it on to me. At first I didn't get the puff, but I hit it on my hand until the powder was coming out evenly, and I have never looked back, I love it! It gives me the absolute most natural finish I have ever had. I cannot do most mineral, liquid, or many other foundations. I was blessed with good skin, and I thank God and my parents all the time :)

But most foundations make me look fake, even when I tried mixing with moisturizer, and even then there was no way I could ever put powder on top. I know that Jane has colors that don't work for a lot of people, but I am one of the lucky few I guess.

Just be sure to pound the heck out of this at first to get the powder moving, and then you are golden!

on 5/11/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in "colorless" and it looked chalky on my medium tanned skin, as opposed to being translucent. I really did not like this product. The applicator does not distribute powder evenly and it is difficult to control how much comes out of the puff. Even though the applicator can be taken out as others said, this powder has shimmer in it! Who puts shimmer in a powder? That makes my skin appear shinier. A better alternative to the Jane mineral makeup for the same price is the Maybelline Mineral Loose Powder in Translucent. I love that stuff!

on 4/20/2009 10:00:00 AM

Eww... I would NOT buy this again or recommend it to anyone. This is the first "mineral" powder I tried and I got it because it was on sale and I thought well I'll give it a go. I tried it (the puff thing was weird) and it made my face slightly itchy and I took it off. The very next day my face was breaking out. :( I think it's something in the powder. I've used powder WITH TALC in it and even that doesn't even break my face out! Just wow. If I read the reviews in here before I bought I would have stayed away from it... Take caution! I'll be taking this back to my Walgreen's if I can...

on 1/12/2009 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased this for about $5 from Walmart in the Fair shade. I have to admit, I tried using it with the attached applicator at first and thought it was horrible! The applicator smelled really weird, and didn't dispense powder evenly. The powder doesn't smell like anything, and is oil-free, talc-free and fragrance free, according to their website. After removing the puff and using a good kabuki brush, this stuff is great! I'm so glad I found a cheap mineral makeup that was light enough for my skin. I'll definitely buy this again (and get a separate sifter jar to store it in).

on 10/19/2008 2:39:00 AM

Under no circumstance would I ever buy this product again. Im a college student and sometimes the budget gets tight, but Im learning more and more that cheap makeup is not the way to go.

This was disgustingggg. Im not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but Walgreens was having a BOGO, and I thought maybe this wouldn't be so bad. I can't say I expected much, but seriously this looked cheap and orange. Don't waste your money.

Popular Powder Foundations