Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cheap packaging (to be expected because it's an amazingly affordable item), beautiful color that leaves behind a nice tint, long lasting. It's drying though and it applies darker on drier spots so I would recommend to first apply a balm and exfoliate. Great color though!

My very first Wet n Wild lipstick. Went for this one because of those Mac Rebel raves.

It's a very beautiful and unique color. It's red, purple, berry and plum rolled into one. Looking at the tube, it's kinda intimidating, but wait till you wear it. It's the kind of color you can wear casually, in the office, a nightout, or even a formal occasion! Utter sophistication. And this will also look good in many skintones.

It brightens the face, and I'm quite surprised that it looked better on me almost without eye makeup on. (But you can enhance the look subtly though, maybe with a lash curler, clear mascara and a bit of tearline eyeliner.). This is the shade Kendall Jenner rocked at Dolce & Gabanna Spring 2015.

Texture, well it settles into the liplines, but you can even it by blotting your lips on tissue paper and spreading the color a bit with your fingers. It bleeds though, so make sure to use lipliner so it wouldn't be so bothersome. I use a universal lipliner, works perfectly. It's a semi-matte, but it applies easily, feels comfortable and doesn't feel dry at all. In my case it's not really necessary to apply lipbalm, but you do need to exfoliate your lips.

If you're considering a Mac Rebel, this one is the perfect dupe. And economy-wise too.

Admittedly, I am a red lipstick junkie, but for some weird reason, I found myself really wanting to purchase MAC's Rebel (especially after reading all the positive reviews here). Unfortunately, I was on a tight budget during that time so I did some sleuthing and found out that this is a dupe for that. Well, after getting my hands on this baby, all I can say is that I'm SO glad I didn't splurge on the MAC! This is like, 70% cheaper (the shop I got it from does pad the prices a bit, as there's no official WnW reseller here, but it's still very cheap), the color is incredibly lovely (I wore this at church one time and a lady couldn't stop staring at my lips!), lasts a long time and feels very comfortable on the lips despite the matte formula (I do wear Lucas Papaw ointment underneath, though). I also find it to be a close (if slightly, darker) match to NARS' Funny Face, another one of my fave non-red lipsticks. I rotate my lipsticks a bit so I still have a lot of this left, but if I lost it or it somehow turns bad, I will repurchase in a heartbeat.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I luv my MAC #1 but confessedly I am a big WNW MegaLast Matte lipstick fan.i have all of them except a couple now (+ some backups!).My fave DS lipsticks! 4 bang 4 ur buck these are easily the best lipsticks ur gonna find & these are elevated to cult status by some who even swear these are as good as MAC!for experimenting w colors u can't beat wnw.Almost every wnw MegaLast Matte has a MAC counterpart dupe if u go on websites devoted to dupes.Sugar Plum Fairy (SPF) is a dupe for MAC Rebel.I don't own Rebel but I have no desire to buy it coz wnw SPF sounds very close being a deep raspberry plummy color w a cool tone.im NC in MAC so I don't kno how exactly flattering this is on me.No offense to this gr8 color I just don't like cool tones on myself.I'm still working on ways to make this work.It's so versatile!It can be a stain, done w Vaseline as a glossy look, full-on matte, lightly dabbed on, altering it depending on ur lip liner, etc.This looks good w all of the gr8 burgundies & oranges in the Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites e/s palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so absolute perfect plum lip for the fall!! But if you're like me you don't really care about seasons too much if you like it you're putting it on! I enjoy mixing this lippie with WnW Vamp It Up & Cherry Bomb, but more so Vamp It Up it gives me that matte plum lip I've been searching for. This is even a good shade to wear by itself. The packaging is great for two dollar lippies so can't expect more than that. I love how it feels on my lips not to drying to me. It's great especially if you adore the matte look which I do. It feels and looks perfectly! Two thumbs up! Ebert & Roper :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Guys, this is an amazing Lipstick! I am so shocked at how much good quality this is for such a low price!
First, let's start off with the packaging. Yes, it's cheap looking. Yes, it's not high quality. But WHO CARES! The product itself is phenomenal! And for less than $5, I'm all about that price!
The colour is called 'Sugar Plum Fairy', and I feel the name suits it so well because every time I wear this, I think of the Nutcracker Ballet and I just love it so much. But anyway, it's a plum kind of colour and it's gorgeous. It's also a matte lipstick, and when it says it's matte, it is matte. It lasts all day and it doesn't leave a stain on your lips! It's truly beautiful! And if you didn't want it to be matte, putting a clear gloss over top will make it shine and it still looks just as gorgeous!
I truly have no negative things to say about this product! Honestly, it's a perfect colour for the holidays or even all winter long!
Great job, Wet'n'Wild! You are officially my new favourite drugstore makeup brand!

I've been really into lipsticks lately, but have been spending too much on staple nudes. I wanted to try out fun colors without the price tag. After hearing such great reviews on these matte lipsticks, I decided to pick some up at the local drugstore. I had to visit a few before finding a store that had all the colors in stock. On my NC25 asian skin, this color is absolutely stunning. I would describe it as a deep berry red. It seems to melt into your lips and even fades beautifully. What really impressed me the most is the formula. It is matte, opaque, not drying and long lasting. I have the driest lips in the world. Everything seems to accentuate the flakes on my lips and I find moisturizing lipsticks too slipper/not long lasting. I cannot believe the price of these lipsticks. At $1.99, they are an absolute steal that I ran out and purchased 5 more colors.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I just got this in the mail yesterday and I am in. LOVE. if you have green/hazel eyes and fair skin and light brown hair, you need this lipstick. it is the most flattering frickin lipstick for my coloring. holy crap. why didnt anyone get me into berry tones sooner?

onto application and wear: this stuff wore really well. I haven't got lip liner atm and it didn't feather too bad after 5 hours of wear, and required virtually 0 touch-ups. the color stays on your lips and doesn't sheer out, even after eating and drinking. it's incredible. that having been said, this lipstick is like two colors in one - it can be worn sheer OR opaque. it's a very bright fuchsia when worn in one or two layers, but after the third it becomes a deep raspberry, super vampy but without any brown to it. loooooove love love

pros: spectacular pigmentation (and really unique shade), great longevity

cons: poor application, tacky finish, smudges kinda easily unless u mattify it

ps - ferguson crest cabernet from the fergie line is the exact same color/formula if u ever have trouble finding SPF. ya welcome

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is a great dupe for mac's rebel. I didn't really like rebel, not sure why but I love sugar plum fairy. Perhaps its because this is a matte finish. I love all of the wet n wild lipsticks in this line and it is a great $2 investment

I have a couple of the other WnW lippys but this one has been blogged, Vlogged and talked about so much I went on the hunt for it. None of my local CVS or Walgreens or Walmarts had these so I had to resolve to go on line with Amazon and pay $4 for mine. Higher yes but still a lot less than most higher priced lippys. While I won't say the formula is terribly dry, it is dry and this one a long with stop light red skip a little on me even with good moisturized and exfoliated lips. The color on me leans more magenta than plum, much redder, but I have a habit of changing lippy colors so I'm not upset by it especially because of the price. The one thing I HATE about this line is the packaging. The lippy does not completely swivel into the tube and the cover is very narrow. You need to be careful or you will nick it and spread all that pigmented color on the cover/tube and eventually your hands. I've had to get a Q-tip to clean the cover more than once when I'm in a hurry, BUT WnW products are inexpensive and they have to take cuts somewhere packaging unfortunately is it. BUT If you are looking for a bolder color and maybe not sure rather than blow $15+ on more expensive brands, try looking at this line and trying them out. For the price if you don't like it you haven't blown money on something that you won't ever wear.

Recommended for Medium Skin