April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ediva

I found this at Fred Meyer today. When I saw it, I was a bit apprehensive at the bold purpleness, but decided to get it anyway (okay, I confess that all of you--my Makeupalley buddies--had something to do with it with your glowing reviews).

First off, the packaging was terrible. I was fighting to get it open...twisting it, pulling it up, until eventually it yielded. It was indeed incredibly dry going on, very draggy on the lips. But what I discovered with this is that I will use it more as a lipstain, which turned out fabulous. Here's what I did:

FOR THAT JUST-BITTEN or MY LIPS-ONLY-BETTER LOOK: Apply on bare lips (don't moisturize or put lipbalm just yet). Avoid getting the color too close to the outer edges of the lips. Take your lipbalm and glide it over your lips and right over the freshly applied Sugar Plum Fairy. Take a tissue and blot. Apply lipbalm again. Blot with tissue. Continue doing this until you're happy with the color you're left with. If this Megalast does what everybody says it does, you've got a long-lasting lipstain with an amazing cool berry color! If you're in a situation where you don't have access to a mirror or lip pencil or you just can't do some form of precise detail work with your lips, this is a great way to have that just-bitten look with just a little bit of oomph to it with relatively lasting effects.

You can also use your fingers to control amount of lipcolor placed on your lips to stain it. Then lipbalm away!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by beeebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with all the wet n wild megalast lipsticks. They are very pigmented and long lasting. For $1.99 you can't go wrong. This color is perfect for the fall time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ennayeslek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted MAC's Rebel, but unfortunately i'm in college and i've skipped too many meals for other makeup products so i decided to try this since i've heard it's a dupe. I'm not extremely adventurous with lipstick, so when i first got it i was nervous. It's very purple. I first applied it straight from the bullet, which was a disaster. My lipliners should be arriving next week, (hey, i'm still new to the whole lipstick thing), so i used a brush to outline my lips. When i applied it again, it looked much better. It's still VERY purple, but i'm definitely going to try wearing this for spring. I think it would look beautiful on darker skin tones, but if you have very fair skin like me, it's going to be a hit or miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

This is such a beautiful, flattering color on all skin tones. It goes on a bit vampy, perfect for fall and the holidays. I do recommend using a lip balm before applying it. I used it for a night out with the lip liner fab fuchsia also by wet n wild and I still had some lip product on the next morning after removing my make up! It's extremely long lasting, beautifully matte and perfect for special occasions. Be careful with removing the top since the lipstick doesn't go all the way down the container but for the price why complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by livibMakeupartistry

i love the color of this lipstick. its bold yet elegent and you dont have to use a lot to cover your lips. i simply dab it on and it provides great coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As with all from this line, the packaging is the biggest drawback, with half the bullet already above the twist tube, it's hard not to nick it against the cap. Some of the shades in this line are more drying than others, and some have a slightly grainy formulation.

However, Sugar Plum Fairy, along with Cherry Picking and Stoplight Red, are my absolute faves. Many have called SPF a dupe for MAC's Rebel, which I've seen on others but not tried myself. I do agree that they're similar, but I think that SPF is actually more wearable because it seems to be a bit more red than Rebel. I love the staying power and relatively light feel on the lips. The price of these cannot be beat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I have been wanting to try MAC Rebel but can't wear it because I am allergic to an ingredient in that particular finish (I can wear the cremesheens and amplified cremes). So buying Rebel was out of the question for me. Then I heard this was a lovely ($3) shade extremely similar to Rebel. Problem solved. I killed a lipstick lemming (well caved in) and spent a lot less money. If you are curious about Rebel and want to see if that shade would work on you, this is a low financial commitment to try it out too. For me it is the only option and I am glad it is there. The color looks great on me. I am NW20, almost black hair (3n), brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

dupe for mac's rebel. apply balm underneath/on top or it's drying. beautiful with green eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally brought this lipstick months ago after reading rave reviews. Yes, SPF definitely deserves all the hype. A fabulous purple berry with STRONG warm red undertones. It's smooth creamy matte texture makes no need for lip balm, never smears without liner either.

If I want an even warmer shade with some shine. I'll add NYX African Queen gloss on top which turns it into bright jewel toned HEAD TURNING color.

Mac rebel has slightly more purple tone. However, SPF is still not only a dupe but BETTER extremely pigmented & longer wearing. In my opinion there is no reason to own rebel when this AMAZING $3 lippie exists. BTW no weird scent or waxy smell.

Becca radiant satin in shade mahogany, YSL b80

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ModHippie

I am a red and hot pink lipstick girl. I love bold lips, and my collection backs me up. For a while now I've been wanting to try the dark lip thing, especially now that the cold weather months are here, and it seemed appropriate. I went to Youtube, looking up good drugstore dark lipsticks. I didn't want to invest in an expensive one, as I had never attempted this before and wanted to try something cheap that I could use as a good starter as well as a comparison for any other dark lippies I might purchase eventually.

Long story short, this lipstick ended up being my introduction to the wine/dark/berry trend, and I am very pleased with how it turned out. This is a deep color that almost looks dark red in pictures, but is actually a deep plum on me. I applied, blotted, and applied again for a deeper color payoff. I am super pale so was worried I'd end up with something that would wash me out, but it looks great. I wore it on a best friend date to the theatre last week and couldn't have felt classier. It was awesome! And this lipstick lasts a fair amount of time. It's matte, which is my favorite lipstick look, so you're going to want to make sure you exfoliate/balm beforehand, but it will last for a good while on you. I needed to touch up once, maybe twice on a good 5 hour night out, and even then it wasn't like the state of it was too atrocious.

I am definitely going to venture out and discover other dark colors, but I am glad this was my first experience and would definitely recommend it to someone looking to experiment with darker lipsticks. It's so low priced that you don't have anything to lose, plus it's pretty great.