July 29, 2014 | 1571 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Divandria

This is a dark pinky plum lipstick on my nw 47 skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

An exact dupe of MACs Rebel, but for only $2! Can't beat that. Actually I like this better than Rebel since Rebel is slightly drying. Buy this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How did I not have this color already?! I am a die hard Mega Last fan and have about 17 or 18 of them (I know, there is about 30) but still this one...how did I not have THIS one? Simply gorgeous. This is a cool deep raspberry purple or maroon. Burgundy is a little warmer than this color. I can see this being gorgeous on everyone one from fair to dark skinned. I wouldn't label it as a winter color either though it is quite dark. This color would work very well with the pinks and plums popularized by the Naked 3 palette. Today I am wearing it with my Pomegranate Punk Color Tatoo and it is perfect. In my opinion, what would make this look on the heavy side would be an extreme thick lip liner. If you need definition use a lip brush to fill in and only use one coat of this lipstick. Maybe even lighten it a little with a soft pink gloss...but that is all. Don't mess too much with this beauty. Simply gorgeous.

May you have happy lips!!❤️

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by troo12

This is a very rich color! It's a burgundy color and I like how the color deepens with each coat I put on. The only warning I feel I need to provide is that you must be careful when applying because if the color goes off your lips, it's going to be very difficult to get off.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ediva

I found this at Fred Meyer today. When I saw it, I was a bit apprehensive at the bold purpleness, but decided to get it anyway (okay, I confess that all of you--my Makeupalley buddies--had something to do with it with your glowing reviews).

First off, the packaging was terrible. I was fighting to get it open...twisting it, pulling it up, until eventually it yielded. It was indeed incredibly dry going on, very draggy on the lips. But what I discovered with this is that I will use it more as a lipstain, which turned out fabulous. Here's what I did:

FOR THAT JUST-BITTEN or MY LIPS-ONLY-BETTER LOOK: Apply on bare lips (don't moisturize or put lipbalm just yet). Avoid getting the color too close to the outer edges of the lips. Take your lipbalm and glide it over your lips and right over the freshly applied Sugar Plum Fairy. Take a tissue and blot. Apply lipbalm again. Blot with tissue. Continue doing this until you're happy with the color you're left with. If this Megalast does what everybody says it does, you've got a long-lasting lipstain with an amazing cool berry color! If you're in a situation where you don't have access to a mirror or lip pencil or you just can't do some form of precise detail work with your lips, this is a great way to have that just-bitten look with just a little bit of oomph to it with relatively lasting effects.

You can also use your fingers to control amount of lipcolor placed on your lips to stain it. Then lipbalm away!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by beeebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with all the wet n wild megalast lipsticks. They are very pigmented and long lasting. For $1.99 you can't go wrong. This color is perfect for the fall time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ennayeslek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted MAC's Rebel, but unfortunately i'm in college and i've skipped too many meals for other makeup products so i decided to try this since i've heard it's a dupe. I'm not extremely adventurous with lipstick, so when i first got it i was nervous. It's very purple. I first applied it straight from the bullet, which was a disaster. My lipliners should be arriving next week, (hey, i'm still new to the whole lipstick thing), so i used a brush to outline my lips. When i applied it again, it looked much better. It's still VERY purple, but i'm definitely going to try wearing this for spring. I think it would look beautiful on darker skin tones, but if you have very fair skin like me, it's going to be a hit or miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

This is such a beautiful, flattering color on all skin tones. It goes on a bit vampy, perfect for fall and the holidays. I do recommend using a lip balm before applying it. I used it for a night out with the lip liner fab fuchsia also by wet n wild and I still had some lip product on the next morning after removing my make up! It's extremely long lasting, beautifully matte and perfect for special occasions. Be careful with removing the top since the lipstick doesn't go all the way down the container but for the price why complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by livibMakeupartistry

i love the color of this lipstick. its bold yet elegent and you dont have to use a lot to cover your lips. i simply dab it on and it provides great coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As with all from this line, the packaging is the biggest drawback, with half the bullet already above the twist tube, it's hard not to nick it against the cap. Some of the shades in this line are more drying than others, and some have a slightly grainy formulation.

However, Sugar Plum Fairy, along with Cherry Picking and Stoplight Red, are my absolute faves. Many have called SPF a dupe for MAC's Rebel, which I've seen on others but not tried myself. I do agree that they're similar, but I think that SPF is actually more wearable because it seems to be a bit more red than Rebel. I love the staying power and relatively light feel on the lips. The price of these cannot be beat!