October 2, 2014 | 951 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have passed by the WnW megalast line many times at the drugstore after being disappointed with one of their lighter colors about 3 years ago, and never really looked back. But for some reason I decided to give them another go as they are on sale for 40% off at Rite Aid this week. Since this is today's purchase, I will give my initial impression for this product and update later on to complete my review.

I purchased it in Sugar Plum Fairy, which I heard is a dupe for Mac Rebel. I personally have Rebel and I can say that SPF is a very close in comparison, but slightly warmer in tone. However, it takes a very trained eye in order to tell them apart!

Packaging is indeed very flimsy and cheap. The formula is rather dry. But why did I give it such a good rating?????

For a semi-matte lipstick, it's less drying than any of the semi-matte lipsticks I have ever tried! I've worn this lipstick today for over 5 hours now and my sensitive lips haven't started peeling yet which is crazy. This is coming from someone who owns (or has owned) lipsticks from YSL, Bare Minerals, Giorgio Armani, Chanel, MAC, Bite, Too Faced... etc.

My application starts out with Blistex Lip Medex (blue pot). Any lip balm with some slip will work well. Even though SPF is a bit hard in texture, it glides on much easier with the lip balm beneath it! Lasting power is great so far! No fragrance either!

So far, the WnW's formula has nothing up against lipsticks from YSL or MAC. But for $1.19 that I paid for this, it's worth every single penny. Heck, I would even pay much more than that!

That's all I can say for now. I will update this first impressions later to complete this entry as a full review.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by peny1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the best!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

This is a lovely evening lipstick :) it's vibrant and the colour stays put for a long time, also the price ($2) can't be beaten, I really like it and would definitely put it on par quality-wise with Mac and Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro:
Hella cheap price ranging from 1.99 to ~2.50
ah-mah-zing! pigmentation
moisturizing

cons:
not exactly matte, more satiny
packaging sucks but i can't complain

Kay, so these things are marketed as matte and some people complain they dry you out. they so do not! They last for about 4 hours but the darker colors do leave a stain so thats good. I find for me, if i want a less shiny application, i pat the lipstick against my lips rather than swiping it and occasionally patting with toilet paper(if it ain't used, it ain't ewww people!). that makes it more matte.

Dupe for mac rebel, its one of my favorite favorite favorite lip colors to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip color so much! i receive endless compliments whenever I wear it! one of the very best purple lipsticks I have EVER used. It is very long lasting and I usually never use a lip liner when i apply it because it does a pretty good job of staying in place on its own. The color payoff is beautiful. It is heavily pigmented and leans more towards a matte finish. It smells really nice too. That's a plus for me. :) I would recommend this lipstick to those who love a deep bold color. It applies silky and doesn't flake or crease. I adore it! AND it is super affordable! Only $2-$4 max depending on which drug store you purchase it at.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jelloobeans

This shade can be described as "deep plum." The color actually looks darker on the tube than on my skin and lips. When applied, this registers as a darker shade of berry with blue undertones. As this is a richer color, the matte formula is more forgiving on the lips. It easily hides flakiness and imperfections.

More in-depth review:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Divandria

This is a dark pinky plum lipstick on my nw 47 skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

An exact dupe of MACs Rebel, but for only $2! Can't beat that. Actually I like this better than Rebel since Rebel is slightly drying. Buy this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How did I not have this color already?! I am a die hard Mega Last fan and have about 17 or 18 of them (I know, there is about 30) but still this one...how did I not have THIS one? Simply gorgeous. This is a cool deep raspberry purple or maroon. Burgundy is a little warmer than this color. I can see this being gorgeous on everyone one from fair to dark skinned. I wouldn't label it as a winter color either though it is quite dark. This color would work very well with the pinks and plums popularized by the Naked 3 palette. Today I am wearing it with my Pomegranate Punk Color Tatoo and it is perfect. In my opinion, what would make this look on the heavy side would be an extreme thick lip liner. If you need definition use a lip brush to fill in and only use one coat of this lipstick. Maybe even lighten it a little with a soft pink gloss...but that is all. Don't mess too much with this beauty. Simply gorgeous.

May you have happy lips!!❤️

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by troo12

This is a very rich color! It's a burgundy color and I like how the color deepens with each coat I put on. The only warning I feel I need to provide is that you must be careful when applying because if the color goes off your lips, it's going to be very difficult to get off.