November 24, 2014 | 1127 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Inexpensive matte plum lipstick that wears all day? YES PLEASE. This is stunning. I am so sorry I waited so long to purchase this. I love the whole line of these but this one color in particular is just a staple for Fall/winter.

No other company making inexpensive lipsticks has done such a color in a great formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I was looking for an inexpensive purple lipstick (I love purple) and this fit the bill. Gorgeous plum-fuschia pigment, and very smooth application. The real impressive thing though is how long it lasted. I put it on and then did a full 8 hour work day, including eating. It didn't budge. My only complaint is the lack of a precision point for lining the lips. Makes application a little tricky for the novice.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous shade and formula but horrible in the accessibility department! The packaging in terrible since damaging the crayon of the lipstick is inevitable since it doesn't screw all the way down. Also the shape of the lipstick makes it a nightmare to apply since it's a circle and so it smudges in the corner of my lips. Definitely requires attention with a lip brush and some wet q-tips. I never have enough time to spend THAT much time on my lips alone in the mornings so I don't get much use out of this. I'll probably just buy MAC's rebel since it's easier to apply. If you have some extra bucks to splurge with, is recommend you go for rebel too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

I have passed by the WnW megalast line many times at the drugstore after being disappointed with one of their lighter colors about 3 years ago, and never really looked back. But for some reason I decided to give them another go as they are on sale for 40% off at Rite Aid this week. Since this is today's purchase, I will give my initial impression for this product and update later on to complete my review.

I purchased it in Sugar Plum Fairy, which I heard is a dupe for Mac Rebel. I personally have Rebel and I can say that SPF is a very close in comparison, but slightly warmer in tone. However, it takes a very trained eye in order to tell them apart!

Packaging is indeed very flimsy and cheap. The formula is rather dry. But why did I give it such a good rating?????

For a semi-matte lipstick, it's less drying than any of the semi-matte lipsticks I have ever tried! I've worn this lipstick today for over 5 hours now and my sensitive lips haven't started peeling yet which is crazy. This is coming from someone who owns (or has owned) lipsticks from YSL, Bare Minerals, Giorgio Armani, Chanel, MAC, Bite, Too Faced... etc.

My application starts out with Blistex Lip Medex (blue pot). Any lip balm with some slip will work well. Even though SPF is a bit hard in texture, it glides on much easier with the lip balm beneath it! Lasting power is great so far! No fragrance either!

So far, the WnW's formula has nothing up against lipsticks from YSL or MAC. But for $1.19 that I paid for this, it's worth every single penny. Heck, I would even pay much more than that!

That's all I can say for now. I will update this first impressions later to complete this entry as a full review.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by peny1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the best!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

This is a lovely evening lipstick :) it's vibrant and the colour stays put for a long time, also the price ($2) can't be beaten, I really like it and would definitely put it on par quality-wise with Mac and Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro:
Hella cheap price ranging from 1.99 to ~2.50
ah-mah-zing! pigmentation
moisturizing

cons:
not exactly matte, more satiny
packaging sucks but i can't complain

Kay, so these things are marketed as matte and some people complain they dry you out. they so do not! They last for about 4 hours but the darker colors do leave a stain so thats good. I find for me, if i want a less shiny application, i pat the lipstick against my lips rather than swiping it and occasionally patting with toilet paper(if it ain't used, it ain't ewww people!). that makes it more matte.

Dupe for mac rebel, its one of my favorite favorite favorite lip colors to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip color so much! i receive endless compliments whenever I wear it! one of the very best purple lipsticks I have EVER used. It is very long lasting and I usually never use a lip liner when i apply it because it does a pretty good job of staying in place on its own. The color payoff is beautiful. It is heavily pigmented and leans more towards a matte finish. It smells really nice too. That's a plus for me. :) I would recommend this lipstick to those who love a deep bold color. It applies silky and doesn't flake or crease. I adore it! AND it is super affordable! Only $2-$4 max depending on which drug store you purchase it at.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jelloobeans

This shade can be described as "deep plum." The color actually looks darker on the tube than on my skin and lips. When applied, this registers as a darker shade of berry with blue undertones. As this is a richer color, the matte formula is more forgiving on the lips. It easily hides flakiness and imperfections.

More in-depth review:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Divandria

This is a dark pinky plum lipstick on my nw 47 skin tone.