March 3, 2015 | 1164 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2015 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Guys, this is an amazing Lipstick! I am so shocked at how much good quality this is for such a low price!
First, let's start off with the packaging. Yes, it's cheap looking. Yes, it's not high quality. But WHO CARES! The product itself is phenomenal! And for less than $5, I'm all about that price!
The colour is called 'Sugar Plum Fairy', and I feel the name suits it so well because every time I wear this, I think of the Nutcracker Ballet and I just love it so much. But anyway, it's a plum kind of colour and it's gorgeous. It's also a matte lipstick, and when it says it's matte, it is matte. It lasts all day and it doesn't leave a stain on your lips! It's truly beautiful! And if you didn't want it to be matte, putting a clear gloss over top will make it shine and it still looks just as gorgeous!
I truly have no negative things to say about this product! Honestly, it's a perfect colour for the holidays or even all winter long!
Great job, Wet'n'Wild! You are officially my new favourite drugstore makeup brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 12:49:00 AM More reviews by slyact

I've been really into lipsticks lately, but have been spending too much on staple nudes. I wanted to try out fun colors without the price tag. After hearing such great reviews on these matte lipsticks, I decided to pick some up at the local drugstore. I had to visit a few before finding a store that had all the colors in stock. On my NC25 asian skin, this color is absolutely stunning. I would describe it as a deep berry red. It seems to melt into your lips and even fades beautifully. What really impressed me the most is the formula. It is matte, opaque, not drying and long lasting. I have the driest lips in the world. Everything seems to accentuate the flakes on my lips and I find moisturizing lipsticks too slipper/not long lasting. I cannot believe the price of these lipsticks. At $1.99, they are an absolute steal that I ran out and purchased 5 more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 5:17:00 PM More reviews by astr323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

um i think someone flagged my review? it got taken down. SORRY I USED THE F WORD I GUESS. DANG. I wanted to update anyway so I'll repost my previous review and add an edit in at the bottom.

I just got this in the mail yesterday and I am in. LOVE. if you have green/hazel eyes and fair skin and light brown hair, you need this lipstick. it is the most flattering gosh dang lipstick for my coloring, it's like it was made for me. real. fudging. talk. why the fudge didn't anybody get me into berry tones sooner? fudge.

onto application and wear: this stuff wore really well. I haven't got lip liner atm and it didn't feather too bad after 5 hours of wear, and required virtually 0 touch-ups. the color stays on your lips and doesn't move, even after eating and drinking. it's incredible. I never wear lip color but when I do, I normally use NYX's matte lip cremes, which are also really nice and inexpensive, but because they wear so well i was apprehensive about applying and wearing a lipstick for the first time in ages because I was completely out of practice. this stuff is shaped funny and therefore a little tricky to put on, but it's doable, and it dries to a moderately-annoying tacky finish. however, I would put up with this stuff if it were a glossy finish - it's that frickin beautiful. I am soooo about this color. will absolutely repurchase, and the next time I do, I'm gettin two tubes.

pros: spectacular pigmentation (and really unique shade), great longevity, doesn't wear off when eating/drinking

cons: poor application, weird finish, smudges kinda easily (will get on hands if you touch your mouth but becomes less of an issue over time and doesn't do much to affect the color overall)

only add I wanted to make to this was that I just went to my local walgreens to pick up extra tubes and couldn't find any whatsoever in the megalast line, dunno what's up with that. fortunately I brought my tube (purchased on amazon for wayyyy too much) and matched it to a dupe within wet n wild - ferguson crest cabernet from the fergie line. it is the exact same color. only difference is that this one may not actually dry down to a matte finish...I just applied it and it feels a lot less tacky than SPF. either way, if SPF has been discontinued, or you can't wait for it to be restocked, FCC is the exact same color and has the exact same buildability in slightly flashier packaging. ye.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great dupe for mac's rebel. I didn't really like rebel, not sure why but I love sugar plum fairy. Perhaps its because this is a matte finish. I love all of the wet n wild lipsticks in this line and it is a great $2 investment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I have a couple of the other WnW lippys but this one has been blogged, Vlogged and talked about so much I went on the hunt for it. None of my local CVS or Walgreens or Walmarts had these so I had to resolve to go on line with Amazon and pay $4 for mine. Higher yes but still a lot less than most higher priced lippys. While I won't say the formula is terribly dry, it is dry and this one a long with stop light red skip a little on me even with good moisturized and exfoliated lips. The color on me leans more magenta than plum, much redder, but I have a habit of changing lippy colors so I'm not upset by it especially because of the price. The one thing I HATE about this line is the packaging. The lippy does not completely swivel into the tube and the cover is very narrow. You need to be careful or you will nick it and spread all that pigmented color on the cover/tube and eventually your hands. I've had to get a Q-tip to clean the cover more than once when I'm in a hurry, BUT WnW products are inexpensive and they have to take cuts somewhere packaging unfortunately is it. BUT If you are looking for a bolder color and maybe not sure rather than blow $15+ on more expensive brands, try looking at this line and trying them out. For the price if you don't like it you haven't blown money on something that you won't ever wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Inexpensive matte plum lipstick that wears all day? YES PLEASE. This is stunning. I am so sorry I waited so long to purchase this. I love the whole line of these but this one color in particular is just a staple for Fall/winter.

No other company making inexpensive lipsticks has done such a color in a great formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I was looking for an inexpensive purple lipstick (I love purple) and this fit the bill. Gorgeous plum-fuschia pigment, and very smooth application. The real impressive thing though is how long it lasted. I put it on and then did a full 8 hour work day, including eating. It didn't budge. My only complaint is the lack of a precision point for lining the lips. Makes application a little tricky for the novice.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous shade and formula but horrible in the accessibility department! The packaging in terrible since damaging the crayon of the lipstick is inevitable since it doesn't screw all the way down. Also the shape of the lipstick makes it a nightmare to apply since it's a circle and so it smudges in the corner of my lips. Definitely requires attention with a lip brush and some wet q-tips. I never have enough time to spend THAT much time on my lips alone in the mornings so I don't get much use out of this. I'll probably just buy MAC's rebel since it's easier to apply. If you have some extra bucks to splurge with, is recommend you go for rebel too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

I have passed by the WnW megalast line many times at the drugstore after being disappointed with one of their lighter colors about 3 years ago, and never really looked back. But for some reason I decided to give them another go as they are on sale for 40% off at Rite Aid this week. Since this is today's purchase, I will give my initial impression for this product and update later on to complete my review.

I purchased it in Sugar Plum Fairy, which I heard is a dupe for Mac Rebel. I personally have Rebel and I can say that SPF is a very close in comparison, but slightly warmer in tone. However, it takes a very trained eye in order to tell them apart!

Packaging is indeed very flimsy and cheap. The formula is rather dry. But why did I give it such a good rating?????

For a semi-matte lipstick, it's less drying than any of the semi-matte lipsticks I have ever tried! I've worn this lipstick today for over 5 hours now and my sensitive lips haven't started peeling yet which is crazy. This is coming from someone who owns (or has owned) lipsticks from YSL, Bare Minerals, Giorgio Armani, Chanel, MAC, Bite, Too Faced... etc.

My application starts out with Blistex Lip Medex (blue pot). Any lip balm with some slip will work well. Even though SPF is a bit hard in texture, it glides on much easier with the lip balm beneath it! Lasting power is great so far! No fragrance either!

So far, the WnW's formula has nothing up against lipsticks from YSL or MAC. But for $1.19 that I paid for this, it's worth every single penny. Heck, I would even pay much more than that!

That's all I can say for now. I will update this first impressions later to complete this entry as a full review.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by peny1991