Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipstick 917B Cinnamon Spice

4.6

on 8/31/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Love this formula and color. I normally wear more expensive lipsticks like Nars, KVD or Stila. I was very hesitant to try a 2 dollar lipstick. Wet n wild was a brand that I associated with my high school high school days, so imagine my surprise when I got into the mega last lipsticks.
First, the formula is a satin matte and gives great coverage with only a single coat. I agree that it definitely feels more expensive than it is. There are some $20 lipsticks out there that are way worst. It basically stays where you put it but I suggest adding a clear lipliner for extended wear. I wore it all day a didn't really need to touch it up much. I know some folks are saying this is a brick red but it makes me wonder if they reformulated the color because this is more of a deep pinky brown and runs a smiggen on the cool side but it is still wearable if you are warm like me. To me, as a walnut hued person, this could be a great year round color but would probably read as more of a fall color for fair skin ladies. It doesn't really have a smell and I didn't find it drying. I would exfoliate before applying. Like with most mattes it will show dry patches if you don't. The formula isn't as completely weightless as Nars matte pencils, it's more of a medium weight.
As everyone else has said, the packaging is horrendous. The bullet is flat instead of pointed like most lipsticks. Also, the entire bullet will fall out if you're not careful because it's not really secure in the tube. The plastic feels cheap and low gauge. I would not suggest you leave this little number to float around in your purse, you will find a mess.
I bought 3 or 4 other mega last lippies and I plan to get several more. They are a great way to experiment with new colors cheaply even if you're not into drugstore lippies.

on 8/25/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a must buy for tanned skinned girls (MAC nc42, Loreal w7, Loreal pro matte 108 caramel beige)..the color is a deep brownish red and looks so nice and expensive! This is def a fall or winter color as its on the darker side. Staying power is around 3hrs with eating but it's super easy to reapply so I'm not complaining as its a only $1.97 lipstick! It's semi matte and glides on to lips very smoothly and my lips feel hydrated unlike many other matte lippies out there. Must try :)

on 8/14/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am absolutely in love with this lipsticks! Have always been a huge fan of Megalast Lipsticks, so formula- wise, I love. It's not fully matte and has a slight satin finish. Not too creamy and does not dry my lips.

Colour- wise, it has a slight burgundy, pink and brown tone to it. Really beautiful. After reading the reviews here, many mentioned that it's a good "red" to wear. Maybe not on my lips, which is more to the mauve side, cause it appears more pink/brown than red. But I love it.

It is now my ultimate every day colour as and when I feel like not sporting a bright or vamp lip.

Now I'm worried that I didn't get another one hahaha

Nice lipstick yes its a dupe for Diva and MAC fashion revival now Idc that fashion revival was LE

on 1/9/2015 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I now own eight of the WnW Megalast lipsticks because they are so good and so inexpensive. My latest acquisition was 917B Cinnamon Spice. This is a 100% dupe of the NARS Pure Matte in the shade Amsterdam. Even the formula is nearly identical. The only area in which NARS comes out on top is in the packaging (seeing as the Megalast lipsticks have notoriously bad packaging), but to me, that's not worth another $23. The WnW lipstick matches up in nearly every single way.
This is a perfect, warm, garnet red. Definitely one of my favorite shades to wear year-round, but especially during the colder months. It's not as dark or cool-toned as Cherry Bomb, and not as warm as Mocha-licious. It's sort of right smack dab in the middle of those two shades.
The formula is a satin-matte. I don't find it to be fully matte, but as a result, it's not as drying as the aforementioned NARS lipstick. I also find that I can wear this without a lip liner and not experience any feathering or bleeding. In that capacity, it outperforms the NARS lipstick, which tends to feather without a liner.
This shade was harder to find in my area, but I was hell-bent on hunting it down. Glad I did. I may have to purchase a few tubes of this for backup.

on 10/23/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My HG oxblood red lip - I have tried Revlons black cherry, wet n wild cherry bomb and Revlon's matte wine not to get that perfect deep blackened red lipstick but this is the winner. This shade is also identical to the new Maybelline Matte lipstick in Divine Wine but this one has the perfect formula, matte, non streaky and can be used like a stain. So pigmented better than any red lipstick I have ever tried. I love this line. The perfect deep dark red with enough brown and pink in it to make it work for my odd really pale yet rather yellow skintone. This is almost identical to the shade of red in Revlon's Red velvet red butter for reference but this is much more Opaque. The only red I ever need to own!

on 8/23/2014 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only wrong thing about this lipstick is the cheap packaging, it does the product a big disfavor. The formulation of this lipstick is superior to high-end expensive and smelly lippies - This lipstick is the bomb --- My lips are hypersensitive and this is one of the very few l/s that does not dry out my lips and is lonnnnng-lasting. Color is exquisite - Elegant, timeless and a neutral "brick" red with aubergine, almost a wine-ish color because my lips are naturally dark mauve. This shade looks fabulous with a white tee shirt and boyfriend jeans, a night out or in the board room. I feel sophisticated with this on- Looks great with minimal make-up (neutral eyes, black liner and mascara) and a touch of blush.

on 7/26/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my top 3 favourite lipsticks! The most perfect matte dark brick brown red possible! It is a very 'everyday wearable' red colour in my opinion.It is very matte and could be a little drying if your lips are not properly hydrated but nothing to major. It lasts better than most lipsticks and is farely easy to apply. I usually use a lip brush to apply initially and then just tap it on for touch ups.The price is amazing too only 2-3 dollars and 100% worth it

on 3/17/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably one of my favorite shades from the Megalast collection. Cinnamon Spice is a red with brown undertones that isn't intimidating and very wearable. It looks absolutely lovely on my pale, yellow skin. Great dupe for MAC's Diva lipstick.

On my NC44skin, this is a sort of burgundy-brown color. A little too dark for my taste, but lasts a long time and looks nice when topped with a gold gloss.

Recommended for Medium Skin