October 26, 2014 | 1365 users online

Brows - Everyday Minerals - brow color

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Aleyneqt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought two of these colours in a kit a while ago. The first one is Dark Brown and while it looks like a good eyeliner, it lacks a lot as a brow powder. It's way too red even with my black hair with a bit of red undertone in it and it just doesn't look good in places where you need filling in as it will easily show.

The second colour, Mrs. Coffee is not red in undertone but is way too stark as an eyebrow powder. It's very dark, almost like a black and very easy to overdo. You WILL have to go through your brows a couple of times and remove excess colour if you want it to look natural.

Overall rating - 2 because I find them to be decent eyeshadows/ liners (if you can handle a little fallout when applying them)

Price - 3 because the shipping to Sweden knocked up the price big time.

Packaging - 4 simple powder pots, the only problem I have with them is that the powder comes out of the pot very easily if left in an "active" makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in 'Dark Brown' and while it's a little too 'red' for my brown/black hair, it does a good job as an eyeliner!

I would usually use this as an eyeliner as it gives a really natural definition to my eyes! Best used when applied wet. If you're afraid that it will smudge, get a good eyebase or an eyeliner sealer (:

Totally failed as my brow product, but rockin' as an eyeliner. Would def repurchase during sales as the price hike from the past is pretty significant =/

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by vivelesocialism

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in dark brown in the "sample" size a few years ago (I'm not sure if EDM still does samples; the last time I checked their website, the prices seemed to have gone up drastically and there were no samples for blush or eyeshadow). I don't use this on my brows, but rather as an eyeliner. I tap a bit out into a small bowl and dip a dampened angle brush into it. It makes a great eyeliner. It's a beautiful dark brown colour that looks just like MAC Fluidline in Dipdown, but it's easier than a Fluidline to apply (imho)! Sometimes I need to go over the line more than once to get it really pigmented, but for the price and the fact that the ingredients are all-natural -- who cares!
I would highly recommend using this wet as an eyeliner. For your brows, I have no idea!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by anla0154

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the brown color in 'blonde' as a sample some time ago. For someone with a more reddish complexion this might be great, but for my hair colour and skin tone, the red undertones of this product doesn't really work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have dark eyebrows, but I just don't like using Black on my eyebrows as it makes my eyebrows look super dark. Normally, I wear Taupe colored pencils to fill in my eyebrows with, but I thought that I would try EDM Medium Brown brow color nonetheless.

The Medium Brown Color is a dark brown shade with a slight reddish undertone to it. I don't 100% care the shade that I purchased. As, I personally do feel that EDM needs to come out with better shades for their eyebrow colors overall.

Also, when applying EDM brow powder to the eyebrows you have to deal with fallout. And, to get them to look as presentable as possible and not smudge or become oily looking during the day, I found that brow gel is very much necessary

This is an item that I certainly won't be purchasing, even if I ever do actually finish up using the little pot I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. $2.50 for the sample size and it will last you forever. I bought this in the Dark brown and the medium brown. I'm Asian, have naturally black hair (which I dye a Dark Reddish Brown) and black eyebrows. The medium brown is good for daytime when you want a less intense look and the dark brown is good for night time when you'd like to go a bit more dramatic. Overall, good product, great price point, and cute little container. Just make sure you use sparingly. The stuff is SUPER pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by AprilAthena7

I absolutely love their brow color! :) A little goes a long way for sure and it's incredibly affordable!!!
I did a tutorial on YouTube about filling in my brows with the Everyday Minerals brow color:

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Dark Brown.... I shouldn't have even bothered to get a brow mineral on my custom kit because it's too bloody unnatural on me! It's red! Why didn't I check the reviews before adding it to my kit!? I've got black hair and black eyebrows which are sparse in some areas so I wanted a brow colour to help thicken and even out my brows. It was way too brownish-red that I just look so stupid. I won't be repurchasing this because it's the wrong colour and it'll last me forever if I do use it.
EDIT: I use the Smokey Eyeliner as my brow colour because it's a soft black and matches my eyebrows really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

After reading all these reviews, I am convinced that medium brown is DARKER than dark brown. I ordered dark brown first, used it, loved it. I did think it was a little dark and thought maybe I'll try medium brown. When I tried medium brown, I thought it was darker than the dark! I thought maybe it was just my imagination or a bad batch but not after reading the reviews before mine. I've gone back to dark brown. I gave it 4 lippies just because the shades are kinda mixed up. I love the dark brown, I would recommend that to anyone.
A little goes a very long ways. I ordered a sample size before the full size. After 6 months of use, the sample size is still not empty.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by burgerline08

This review is for Everyday Minerals Medium Brown Brow Color. This shade is so dark that I have to assume that the Dark Brown shade is practically black. The Medium Brown Brow Color does not look the same as it does on the website. I realize the shades never quite match up bit this one truly doesn't. The shade you will get if you buy this product will actually look exactly like the Dark Brown on the website. I have a fair to medium olive complexion and this was just way too dark on me. I looked like a clown. Or to be more specific, I looked like I had drawn on my brows with a sharpie maker. What I had to do in order to make this product useable was to add a bunch of my Olive Golden Medium base color to it to tone it down to a lighter color. After doing this, it's acceptable but it's not my perfect shade. I think what would probably work better would be to order the Blone Brow Color and mix that with it, so I plan to try that. I'd say that unless you have almost black hair and very dark skin, this product probably won't work for you unless you lighten it with something else. UNLESS you like a super dramatic, even goth look. Then you might like it.