November 23, 2014 | 1512 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Eggplant

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Great cream eyeliner! I have noticed that these have been discontinued because I bought one in a discount store and could not find them in drugstores. It is so sad that they discontinued these!! I personally love this eyeliner- it is a gorgeous dark purple, literally eggplant colored. It is still dark enough that it doesn't scream purple, yet it is still noticeably violet. That is what I love most- if you are looking for a work or school appropriate purple liner, then this is for you. It is also very smooth to apply and is great for making wings and little flares. It stays on pretty well throughout the day with some primer and does not fade or smudge. The liner comes with a little brush, which is also handy for those who do not already own a liner brush. It's pretty pricey, though, for a drugstore liner; originally, the package was $12! I got mine for $3, and you can probably get a good deal on it too since it's been discontinued. Overall, love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by rmt2104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have these eyeliners been discontinued? I haven't been able to find them in any drugstores. I love this eyeliner in eggplant, its my go-to liner. Great for bringing out brown eyes. The quality is good. Yes it does dry out after a few months, but that's to be expected for any product of this consistency in jar packaging. I usually use the included brush, even though its a bit thick but I like how stiff it is- allowing for precise application. I sometimes also use a thinner brush. Overall a great product with a really pretty color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this product. I have about 3 other colors. I use eggplant whenever i dont feel like using black because eggplant gives a less dramatic look that i can wear whenever i want to give my always-worn-black a break. My eggplant hasnt dried out on me yet, and its been like 5 months or so, neither has my midnight blue nor teal. However, ive had to replace the black one 3 times now for some reason.. Probably because i use it more often. But anyways, It's super creamy, easy to apply, and lasts all day for me without smudging. I actually dont mind the brush either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

The color was a medium-dark purple with no shimmer. Texture was thicker than I would've liked, but still workable. The brush that came with the product was complete junk (I used my own). Packaging was sturdy and I felt I could safely carry it in my purse or makeup bag without destroying it :) Now, about the staying power... When applied as a thinner eyeliner it was perfectly fine, looked great. When applied thicker (for a mod or winged look) it smears - everywhere! So this is makeup you definitely have to pull out your compact and check on through out the day. Overall, I liked it, and I would buy it again. A decent gel eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by prplkat

First off, the first gel eyeliner I used was MAC, so the bar was set pretty high. I wanted to find a cheaper alternative, but this was a very disappointing purchase. It was not as creamy as my MAC and not nearly as pigmented. The brush it came with was too small to work with but even my usual brush I had to apply several layers just to see the color. Staying power is okay, but it took too much time to apply for it to be worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LauraAsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited to try a cream eyeliner! All of my friends kept raving about how great it was! I had high hopes for this one, the color was so pretty! It did go on smoothly, and stayed on for most of the day. However, it dried up in the container after about 2 months. When I would try to put it on, it would crumble on the brush! I kept the lid on it tightly! It ended up in the trash, unfortunately!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeswithsprinkles

Although it's a good eyeliner in one sense, it really is not that strongly pigmented. The way a product "wows" if it is first swatched and is clearly pigmented. This one failed in that regard. However, if you want a natural looking liner for the day like I do; it does qualify. Additionally, the lasting power is its most redeeming feature.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The HIP line is my favorite drugstore makeup. I have all the HIP liners and I love them. Great colors, vivid, last all day and can be used as a primer, liner and all over lid color. I love the brush that comes with it, because its stiff with harder bristles. One problem is the lids don't stay on tight so occasionally I have to wipe the top of the product to get a fresh liner. Eggplant is probably my favorite, beautiful plum purple...nice for day or night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because MAC doesn't have a purple cream shadow on it's permanent line. It's a beautiful color that shows up as a bright purple on my olive complexion and really brings out my brown eyes. I bought this to use as a daily look but found that lasting power is not long at all maybe a couple of hours and creases just as fast. I layered shadow over it but still found the same creasing probs in the just a few hours. I have very oily lids but even with primer there's just no lasting power. I found the same color in Estee Lauder line and works excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mphilip429

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find that this product does not show up well on my skin tone. It's too dark to be intense on my completion. it just ends up looking like i have on regular black eyeliner with a hint of color. You'd have to look at me really close to realize its purple.

Other than that I think its a great product. Smooth consistency and i love the little brush that comes with it too. I also like this product because it's multi-functional. It can be used as a eyeshadow as well as an eyeshadow base. I haven't had any issues with creasing yet but i would definitely still use a primer regardless. Lately I've been using this more as a base for purple smokey looks and it works well as that. I use it on top of UDPP.

I think If i used another color like the Teal i would get a better color pay off. I am considering buying it in this color.