July 28, 2014 | 2083 users online

Conditioner - DevaCurl - B'Leave-In

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by amazone1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely product, I have realy bounce and volume with this product in my 2b/c hair. The scent is lovely aswell only the price I dont like (30 for 400 ml)
so i am searching for a bit cheaper alternative, suggestions are welcome

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lisalynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really wanted to love this, as most of the reviews raved about it. Unfortunately, the 'crunch' it leaves in my hair is what has turned me off.

I have 2B shoulder length hair, and though this does add a little extra definition to my wave, and seems to stop the frizz - a major bonus as I live in Singapore - I really have issue with the crunch.

This wasn't too expensive as I bought the 500ml pump bottle for $22 SGD off Ebay, and 1 pump is enough for my hair. I rub it through my hands and then scrunch it through wet hair then leave to air dry.

Have been using it for a month now and I add a half pump of Mixed Chicks Silk Treatment. After it dries completely, I run my fingers through my hair and this removes the crunch but still leaves the definition, so all in all not a bad product. Have uploaded picture above.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

3c biracial transitioning hair

I LOVEE THIS ISH!
It's great! i love the definition i get when i use this, it makes my hair shiny and super soft! its consistency is similar to that of gels, however it doesn't leave your hair crunchy or anything! it has shiploads of protein, my hair lovess protein! so if yours does too, this is the product fo u ;P as a leave-in though, i will admit it alone isn't as moisturizing as it should be! meaning that i use this with moisturizing leave-in (kinky curly knot today) and it helps weigh my hair down just the right amount ( i have some 4a's in the kitchen) . it smells like one condition a little bit ( which smells like papaya seeds) .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I hate to see it getting poor reviews due to people misusing it and not understanding what it is. THIS IS NOT A LEAVE IN CONDITIONER. It is not meant to moisturize. It says right on the front "curl boost and volumizer". This is basically a protein packed curl enhancer and volumizer. If you have protein sensitive hair you will hate this. If you're using this as a leave in you'll probably disappointed.

I have fine but dense, porous, wavy hair (I'd say about 2B) and this works wonders. I can use it alone if I just want a bit of curl boost or I can use it with a gel. My favorite way to use it is 3 parts of gel (either Deva Light or Ultra Defining Gel) to 1 part B'Leave In. It leaves me with nice, chunky, soft (once I scrunch out the crunch) waves.

The tube packaging is a bit leaky due to the thin, runny texture. The pump (16.9 oz size) is much better and more user friendly.

If you find this drying out your hair it is likely the protein. Try using a moisturizing leave in underneath (this usually alleviates the issue).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. Helps manage my curls, and helps keep the shape. I HATE the fact that it is such a small tube, it is expensive, and Ulta never orders much of it (and only in the small tubes), so you can't count on being able to get it when you run out (and you'll run out fast, because the tiny tube doesn't go far). Apparently it comes in a large pump container, but you can only get it online and you have to pay shipping to receive it (at least none of the Ulta stores carry the large pump bottle), so that is really inconvenient and irritating. Great product. Love how it makes my curls look. But, because it is so difficult to find, and pretty pricey for what it is, I can't swear that I'll continue to use it, as I'm always on the hunt for something cheaper....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by JodyF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I mix B'Leave-In 50/50 with DevaCurl's Light Control Gel (aka AnGel) and put this cocktail on my wet hair after cleansing with Low Poo & One Condition. I think the B'Leave-In helps to attract and hold moisture, so this is great for my curls during the colder, dryer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by KatheK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product until after I went to see a stylist who is listed as a DevaCurl stylist. (Check their website, mydevacurl.com - if you're interested in seeing if there is a specialist in your area. I was stunned that Scott invited me to visit his salon at no charge just for a consultation and advice about using DevaCurl products.) Anyway, he recommended using the B'Leave-In in conjunction with the Styling Cream and the Volumizing Foam. What a difference! I love my hair! I've never said that before and I'm 50 years old.. I have fine wavy/botticelli curls. What he told me is that the B'Leave-In condiitions and then the Syling Cream seals the hair cuticle. My hair was limp just using the B'Leave In. So, my "cocktail" of products is: No Poo, One Condition (rinsed out), B'Leave In, Styling Cream, Volumizing Foam, and AnGel. And I use paper towels on my hair - no cloth - and just enough so it's not dripping when I apply products. And I don't touch my hair until it has dried completely. Once it's dried, I crunch my hair, and I have these lovely soft, bouncy, defined curls. And it feels soft, too! I wash my hair once every 2 or 3 days, depending on my activities. Other days, I refresh it with water mixed with a little - very little - Re-Mister, the B-Leave In, the Styling Cream, the Foam. Mostly the products are reactivated with the water. And then a little AnGel. I have received so many compliments on my hair. For me, it was trial and error. I tried different combinations, different amounts of product, different sequence of products until I found what worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

B'Leave In gives me great frizz-free curl formation. I think of it more as a volumizer/booster rather than a creamy leave-in conditioner. The key to using this product is to apply it to sopping wet hair, and scrunching it into your hair. It can be mixed in with AnGEL gel. The entire point of all DevaCurl products is to keep moisture locked into your hair, so they work best when used on soaking wet hair.

The scent is okay, I didn't find it offensive. But I hate the packaging for the smaller, tube-type packaging as it cannot be recycled in my community. Because of that, my next B'Leave In purchase will be their large bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a staple in my hair routine. It does not leave any buildup and it makes my hair shiny without being greasy or looking dirty. It works well with the other products from Deva and with products from other lines as well. I like to use this after my leave-in and before using ArcAngel.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

This one does nothing to my dry hair. In fact I think it tangles my hair even more with it. It was a waste of money to me. I like the no poo but unfortunately this one doesn't work for me. I used up the rest as shaving gel...LOL