December 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted something for a base color/primer and was rec'd this. Unfortunately it just pulls too pink on my NC15 skin. And since it looks pink, it makes the colors I wear on top look weird. The formula is fine, I do like Soft Ochre and Chilled on Ice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the second time I have tried this product and infortunately it;s the same problem.
The blue undertone looks grey on me and make me look deathly ill.
The consistency is fine but irritated my eyelids so that they are now red.
Think I'm better off using my concealer as an eyeshadow primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by baileylab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty neutral. I wish I bought one with at leat some shimmer so I don't have to use eyeshadow. This would work for those who are more elaborate with their eye make-up. I've just started wearing eye makeup because i need a smudgeproof, waterproof eye product due to allergies.

For everyday I'll get a neutral one like Perky (out of stock when i went) or a shimmery rose one when one comes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sashacolewood

The only reason why Im not giving this full thumbs up is because towards the end of the product it got extremely dry, flaky and would not work anymore, even when applied with a brush. Other than probably the best eye primer out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by queenM100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently got this and it really is great. Blends smooth, has a matte finish and I like it much more than the one i had before Bare Study which has a shimmer to it. Covers my tiny eyelid veins and it can be used alone for a natural eye look. I'd be using this everyday and they last pretty long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sjholt13

I can't live without it. It is the perfect base or just use it by itself to brighten your eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rby82589

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become a makeup staple for me. I use this as a base for whatever eyeshadow look I want to do. I do not have extremely oily eyelids, so I do not use any other primer under this product. I have never experienced creasing or fading with this product, but it is very creamy so I make sure to apply a very thin layer. It doesn't show up on my NW15 skin, which is what I wanted. It is perfect for covering veins, brightening the upper lid (on it's own) or acting as a base for eyeshadows. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, however I worry about dropping/breaking the glass base.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the only things in my stash that I *know* I will run through in the near future. This is an amazing eye shadow base and a fall-back for everyday make-up for me to correct lid discoloration. Best application method I've found includes patting and blending across the lid with a fluffy brush, then sweeping a matte neutral all over (to set and improve subsequent shadow blendability). You will likely need to use a primer underneath to keep it from creasing.

Pros:
* very opaque
* creamy application
* perfect for paler skin tones
* helps show true shadow colors
* evens skin tone
* very generous amount of product
* long-lasting

Cons:
* needs primer
* needs to be stored upside-down to stay creamy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like how easy this is to use. I just buff a little all over my eyelid from lash line to brow with the 217 brush and I get a nicely even appearance. It's a shade or two darker than my skin tone but it still looks very natural. For reference I'm about a NW5-10, with light hazel eyes and blonde hair. A lot of times I like doing a minimal face with just a little concealer, colored lip balm, cream blush, and mascara, and the effect is kinda ruined by my eyelids, which can be pinkish or tired looking from allergies or lack of sleep. This works perfectly to give me that clean bare look and it helps me look rested and polished. I tend to use it a couple times a week, occasionally adding Groundwork to the crease. I haven't tried it as a base/primer for other shadows yet, but I'll have to give it a shot (usually I use the Nars primer for most eyeshadows).

Feels creamy and thin, which is great since I hate heavy products on my skin. A little goes such a long way. I imagine I'll have this pot for a few years. I can see why this is a staple for so many people. I've only had it a few weeks and I already love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried. Painterly is my most used and most repurchased Paint Pot shade.

Painterly Paint Pot is a cool-toned creme-finished nude cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. Painterly also is very opaque and easily blanks out any redness or discolouration on the eyelid, giving your eye shadows a smoother and more even appearance.

Have gone through several pots of this product and will continue to repurchase.