August 28, 2014 | 1096 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so pleased with hear paint pots! I thought since they are for long wear and are budge proof they would be crazy dry and drag on the skin, definitely not! They are solo creamy and they do need to be left to dry, exceptional product from mac! I bought this as a sort of eye base to even out my discolourations and prime for powder eye shadow, I am so pleased!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by boringlauren

First off, I love the packing. Mac's packaging is usually messy and wasteful (I'm looking at you, foundation) but I love the paint pots. Unfortunately, I bought this to even out my eyelids and use it as a primer so my eyeliner won't crease. I guess it's made specifically as a primer for eye shadow because on my hooded lids my eyeliner creases with this stuff after 5 or so minutes. I've used this two days in a row, and thought the first day was a fluke as I was out in the rain a lot, but for this second day I just put it on and I'm still inside and I'm already having some creasing. Will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this paint pot!!! I put it as a lid primer and it makes my eyeshadows look opaque and last all day long :) It fits my pink undertones. Soft Ochre is for yellow undertones and painterly is for pink undertones. I like the matt texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by evarosie

At around 15.50 (about $26) MAC paint pots aren't a bargain buy, but the amount of time the they last, the durability and the quality make it worth it. I've used painterly everyday for about 4 months and have barely made an impact or dent in the pot. Painterly can be used as a base for other eye shadows, however I usually use it on its own as it keeps the eyelid matte all day and hides any discolouration. I find it's a good match for my skin tone, and it goes on smooth due to its creamy consistency. One bit of advice though, make sure you put the lid back on the pot as soon as you're finished using it as the product can dry up quite quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I really wanted to love this, and in some ways I do. Its the perfect skin coloured base for my skin and it holds eyeshadow beautifully. The packaging is very cute and honestly I think you get a lot of bang for your buck because a little goes a long way. However, the only thing that makes me not love this product entirely is it's staying power and oil control. I have oily lids (it's the bane of my existence) and it starts to smudge and crease and just get slick after about 4 hours. It's probably a wonderful product for those with dry and combination skin, but for me its just good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by beedreaux

My absolute favorite thing in my makeup bag. It works as eye shadow primer and good base color. I have had my pot for about two years now and I still have plenty to use. It works with a variety of skin tones and complexions as well (I am a makeup artist and use this on many of my clients.). It makes all shadows look professional and come out as if air-brushed. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think I could go on without this product. There. I said it.

This shade perfectly matches my skin tone and helps to not only keep my eyeshadow colorful and in place, but it is also great for helping eyeliner (especially liquid) stay on all day without fading. It's great for hiding the little veins on the eyelid so that you look like a creepy perfect alien doll. SCORE!

It's $20 for a small pot, but I honestly think it's worth it. I use a really tiny amount and apply it with a finger and it covers everything and works like a dream.

I will def be buying this product again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HD eyeshadow base slash primer slash nude colour. Literally could not do my eyeshadow without it. I have veins on my eyelids and this covers it. The colour matches my skin tone perfectly. It lasts long and it has never creased on me (I'm surprised to hear in other reviews that it creased on them). I use this as a base meaning that its the first thing i put on my eyelid, i dont use a primer underneath or anything. The texture is perfect and eyeshadow just glides on over the top like a dream. I use mac and recently lorac eyeshadow fyi. This product has taken my makeup to the next level!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. I was a bit skeptical at first but after hearing about it so much on youtube I just had to try it. In Canada it's pretty pricey (I think like $24 or so?) but so worth it. I've had mine for over a year and with daily use it's still going strong. It keeps all my shadows in place all day long with no creasing and no fading. I've even had a couple nights where I accidentally fell asleep with all my eye makeup on, and in the morning it still looked perfect. Can't say enough good things about it and it's definitely worth the money. I think this is something everyone needs if they're big on using eyeshadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

Background: I have only been using this product for about a month, but it has become one of my staples! I apply it with my index finger.

PROS:
* Makes an excellent eyeshadow base. Covers up darkness/veins on lids.

CONS:
* Expensive (AUD $35).
* It creases. However, I resolved this by applying primer first (Too Faced Shadow Insurance).

Tips: To prevent it from drying out while I am applying the product, I unscrew the lid of the pot, swipe some of the product on to my finger, and then place the pot face-down on the basin.