MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 5/27/2015 8:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Painterly keeps my eyeshadow in place all day, whether or not I wear a clear primer under it, and does a perfect job of cancelling out redness/veins on my lids. It also looks good enough on its own that I sometimes wear it alone, with just a bit of mascara, on "no-makeup makeup" days when I don't feel like doing anything fancy. It lasts forever (I've been using the same jar for over a year, and I use it almost every day), and the consistency is still just as creamy as the day I got it.

For a while I was using a Maybelline Color Tattoo in a similar shade to do the same job, but the Color Tattoo was patchier and the pot dried out within a few months. Painterly is worth every penny, and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 5/20/2015 7:27:00 AM

this product is seriously so amazing, its stays on all day and keeps all my eyeshadow staying put, and its cancels out any veins on my eyelids, love it!

on 5/10/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was one of the first products recommended at the MAC store when I started using eyeshadows. I thought it was so wonderful at first--such a gorgous cool color and great makeup base. After a couple of months, however, it made my eyelids loook crep-y and wrinkled though I swear it didn't at first. Maybe my eyelids have changed, or maybe the formula dried out. I just don't know. Had to put it aside for now until I figure out what's going on. Very bummed since I really lked it.

on 4/19/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are in the yellow skin tone zone, no worries about the pinkish shade of this product because it blends away. It looks more natural than Soft Ochre on medium skin tones. It stays on and lets you shadows and liners look fantastic. Once I wear this, the whole attention goes to my eyes versus my foundation or other makeup so very little of the rest is needed. Great product and highly recommended.

on 4/8/2015 3:56:00 PM

I looovvve all my Mac cosmetics.. but sadly this was one didn't work for me .. I must have oily lids and it creased.. I even tried some urban decay primer and it still creased😞

on 4/7/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Although it does extend the wear of eyeshadow, it's not really a primer in the truest sense. It's more a cream colour base in my opinion. I use Painterly over a primer to enhance neutral looks and notice increased longevity and vibrancy, especially of mattes. It can also be used for brighter colours but I think other shades of paint pot are better suited to the bolder styles to really get the most out of the colour pigment. They're easy to use, versatile and a lot of product so good bang for your buck.

Worn by itself Painterly is prone to creasing after a few hours especially if you apply too much (a little goes a long way), which is why I feel a good primer is still necessary. It can also be used alone for a subtle beige tone on the eyelid which conceals any discolorations and still looks natural on light to medium skin tones. I'm fairly neutral but this does have pink undertones.

I sometimes blend it with other cream shadows, but paint pots tend to have a drier consistency than most other brands I've used. They pick up easily from the pot with either fingers or brush and distribute smoothly, but work quick when blending with other cream shadows because they can set fast, especially if only using a thin layer. This is a good thing for me, as there's no wait time to add powder over the top.

on 4/1/2015 3:10:00 PM

It's a must have product. It goes well with every type of make up. You can use it as an eye primer or base shadow.

on 3/30/2015 11:18:00 PM

Best shadow primer for any color eye shadows.

on 3/30/2015 1:04:00 PM

This is something I bought a couple of months ago and it has been eye shadow changing.
My shadow just lasts so long with this on!!!

It also helps bring out the colour of your shadows!!

Definitely worth it.

Also, it's not cheap (about 20euro) but I feel it's something that you could use every day and still have a ton left in a year!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great eye base! I thought it would be too pink but blends in perfectly :) not much to say except that it keeps my shadows matte and just looks great.