September 18, 2014 | 2083 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Took me a long time to try this, mostly because I hate to go to the Mac counter- always feel a bit out of my depth and intimidated for some reason. But this stuff is great! It goes on like silk with my ring-fingertip, blends perfectly to cover my dark, scarred eyelids (I had shingles a couple of years ago) and makes shadows last all day and stay true. This has replaced all the other primers in tubes in my makeup drawer- I want to try a couple of other shades now, but think I'll wait as they're a little spendy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cant believe its taken me so long to buy this product after so many people have said its a great bare colour but also a great base/fixer. And its exactly those 2 things. For those fairer skinned folk, this is a great bare colour for effortless days or just to get a really good one tone eyelid.

Its also a great foundation/base/primer for adding colour on top.

Painterly really is the HG isnt it. It glides on effortlessly & stays where you put it. No odour, no hassle. Its the perfect non-colour.

Highly recommend. Im using this every day now that I have it. I dont think I'll ever buy another primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by hld1985

The MAC makeup artists recommended this product to me for years before I finally decided to try it. Overall, I'm glad to have it in my makeup stash. It's not going to wow you for being a beautiful color that adds interest to a look, but for fair skinned girls it does blend into my skin tone beautifully. It really looks as though I have no makeup on at all which is nice on low key days. The texture for me was nice and creamy. It blended well, didn't crease, and lasted all day. I have also used it as an eyeshadow base and it worked well for that too. For reference on skin tone I use Lancôme Teint Idole 24 hour in Ivoire 110c or Tarte Amazonian clay in light beige. Also, I apply my shadows wet with fix+ spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so pleased with hear paint pots! I thought since they are for long wear and are budge proof they would be crazy dry and drag on the skin, definitely not! They are solo creamy and they do need to be left to dry, exceptional product from mac! I bought this as a sort of eye base to even out my discolourations and prime for powder eye shadow, I am so pleased!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by boringlauren

First off, I love the packing. Mac's packaging is usually messy and wasteful (I'm looking at you, foundation) but I love the paint pots. Unfortunately, I bought this to even out my eyelids and use it as a primer so my eyeliner won't crease. I guess it's made specifically as a primer for eye shadow because on my hooded lids my eyeliner creases with this stuff after 5 or so minutes. I've used this two days in a row, and thought the first day was a fluke as I was out in the rain a lot, but for this second day I just put it on and I'm still inside and I'm already having some creasing. Will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Leeopeth444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this paint pot!!! I put it as a lid primer and it makes my eyeshadows look opaque and last all day long :) It fits my pink undertones. Soft Ochre is for yellow undertones and painterly is for pink undertones. I like the matt texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by evarosie

At around £15.50 (about $26) MAC paint pots aren't a bargain buy, but the amount of time the they last, the durability and the quality make it worth it. I've used painterly everyday for about 4 months and have barely made an impact or dent in the pot. Painterly can be used as a base for other eye shadows, however I usually use it on its own as it keeps the eyelid matte all day and hides any discolouration. I find it's a good match for my skin tone, and it goes on smooth due to its creamy consistency. One bit of advice though, make sure you put the lid back on the pot as soon as you're finished using it as the product can dry up quite quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I really wanted to love this, and in some ways I do. Its the perfect skin coloured base for my skin and it holds eyeshadow beautifully. The packaging is very cute and honestly I think you get a lot of bang for your buck because a little goes a long way. However, the only thing that makes me not love this product entirely is it's staying power and oil control. I have oily lids (it's the bane of my existence) and it starts to smudge and crease and just get slick after about 4 hours. It's probably a wonderful product for those with dry and combination skin, but for me its just good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by beedreaux

My absolute favorite thing in my makeup bag. It works as eye shadow primer and good base color. I have had my pot for about two years now and I still have plenty to use. It works with a variety of skin tones and complexions as well (I am a makeup artist and use this on many of my clients.). It makes all shadows look professional and come out as if air-brushed. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think I could go on without this product. There. I said it.

This shade perfectly matches my skin tone and helps to not only keep my eyeshadow colorful and in place, but it is also great for helping eyeliner (especially liquid) stay on all day without fading. It's great for hiding the little veins on the eyelid so that you look like a creepy perfect alien doll. SCORE!

It's $20 for a small pot, but I honestly think it's worth it. I use a really tiny amount and apply it with a finger and it covers everything and works like a dream.

I will def be buying this product again in the future.