MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/19/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are in the yellow skin tone zone, no worries about the pinkish shade of this product because it blends away. It looks more natural than Soft Ochre on medium skin tones. It stays on and lets you shadows and liners look fantastic. Once I wear this, the whole attention goes to my eyes versus my foundation or other makeup so very little of the rest is needed. Great product and highly recommended.

on 4/8/2015 3:56:00 PM

I looovvve all my Mac cosmetics.. but sadly this was one didn't work for me .. I must have oily lids and it creased.. I even tried some urban decay primer and it still creased😞

on 4/7/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Although it does extend the wear of eyeshadow, it's not really a primer in the truest sense. It's more a cream colour base in my opinion. I use Painterly over a primer to enhance neutral looks and notice increased longevity and vibrancy, especially of mattes. It can also be used for brighter colours but I think other shades of paint pot are better suited to the bolder styles to really get the most out of the colour pigment. They're easy to use, versatile and a lot of product so good bang for your buck.

Worn by itself Painterly is prone to creasing after a few hours especially if you apply too much (a little goes a long way), which is why I feel a good primer is still necessary. It can also be used alone for a subtle beige tone on the eyelid which conceals any discolorations and still looks natural on light to medium skin tones. I'm fairly neutral but this does have pink undertones.

I sometimes blend it with other cream shadows, but paint pots tend to have a drier consistency than most other brands I've used. They pick up easily from the pot with either fingers or brush and distribute smoothly, but work quick when blending with other cream shadows because they can set fast, especially if only using a thin layer. This is a good thing for me, as there's no wait time to add powder over the top.

on 4/1/2015 3:10:00 PM

It's a must have product. It goes well with every type of make up. You can use it as an eye primer or base shadow.

on 3/30/2015 11:18:00 PM

Best shadow primer for any color eye shadows.

on 3/30/2015 1:04:00 PM

This is something I bought a couple of months ago and it has been eye shadow changing.
My shadow just lasts so long with this on!!!

It also helps bring out the colour of your shadows!!

Definitely worth it.

Also, it's not cheap (about 20euro) but I feel it's something that you could use every day and still have a ton left in a year!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great eye base! I thought it would be too pink but blends in perfectly :) not much to say except that it keeps my shadows matte and just looks great.

on 3/17/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eye shadow! It's perfect for a natural look and great for keeping top liner in place. I like to apply mine with a lip brush as it's less messy than using finger and it stays put for ever!

on 3/17/2015 9:09:00 AM

I love this product. I have tried UDPP and the elf primer (try it if you haven't already!) This is the one I will repurchase if it ever runs out. I apply it to my eyelid, then blend it out to my eyebrows. I have little veins above my lids and this covers them, creating a smooth, blank canvas for my eyeshadow. It keeps my eyeshadow vibrant and in place without creasing all day too. My skin is roughly NW15, so I'm very fair with pink undertones. This blends into my skin perfectly, but if you have medium to darker skin then this may well look ashy.

on 2/21/2015 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the MAC paint pots, Painterly is a gorgeous soft pink-toned base. People with yellow undertones should stray away from this product and go towards Soft Ochre.

As for consistency, MAC paint pots are great, they feel smooth and blend easily. You get a fairly good amount because you only need a tiny bit.

I love to use this MAC paint pot to conceal and prime my eyelids prior to eyeshadow application. I wear this everyday, even if I am not wearing any eyeshadow.

A downside is the longevity of the product itself, creams tend to go bad fairly quick (6months to 1year) and so the product could go bad before you use it up.

PROS;
-Smooth
-Pigmentation
-Amount (Only need a bit)

CONS;