MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/31/2015 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Perhaps my favourite (so far) product from MAC. I have oily eyelids but with the paint pot the eyeshadow stays on for more than 12 hours, not needing any touch up.

I like this colour, it blends beautifully with my skin tone and evens the tone of my eyelids better than a concealer.

It's a little pricey but the pot has a lot of product, and a little goes a long way. I apply it with a brush so I don't have to put my finger in the pot. It goes on very nicely and I find that this way I don't need a lot of product.

The only downside is that if used alone, if I don't set it with an eyeshadow or a powder all over the lid, it tends to crease a little. If set, however, it doesn't go anywhere.

I would repurchase.

on 8/30/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect everytime. Either I do the no makeup look for day and this evens out my eye area or I use it as a primer when I do a more elaborate eye. It has staying power.

on 8/10/2015 7:26:00 PM

This is a good product for an eye base and for concealing discolouration on the eye lid however it's a bit overhyped if Iam honest and can be quite drying at times. I much prefer the consistency of maybelline colour tattoos unfortunately they don't have a neutral shade

on 8/9/2015 11:22:00 AM

I use this everyday as a base over my primer and underneath my eyeshadow. I have oily lids, so I do like to use the combination of a primer and a base. I used NYX Milk in the past, but I was gifted MAC's Painterly. I will not repurchase because it sometimes creates dry spots if you don't blend it well enough and is a pretty drying product. I think it's better if used by itself. I will probably return to NYX Milk or perhaps a color tattoo in the future.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product. I do not use shadows on a daily basis, what I do instead is apply Mac Painterly, then line my upper lashes with a soft kohl pencil and wing out slightly, then lightly blend my bronzer in and just above my crease with a fluffy brush. This is my go-to eye look, the Painterly is the perfect base for the other products. The Painterly shade, while almost undetectable, creates a 'put together' sophisticated overall look. I can't be without it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this as a base or a primer color on my eyes and then I can get a natural look and it does work as a primer for me I like this product for a soft smokey eye .

on 7/21/2015 6:16:00 PM

I really loved this. It's creamy, easy to use, and lasts forever. It holds my make up in place, and I felt like it made my eyeshadow "pop" more. I tried using it under my eyes before foundation, and it always creased so that didn't work.

Unfortunately I won't repurchase this or anything from MAC, because they test on animals.

on 7/21/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Best eye primer/ color corrector out there. Highly recommend

on 7/18/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I swatched this in the MAC shop I was actually so surprised by the formula, it was really creamy and smooth, the colour is really nice for my medium asian skin (well in my opinion it is). In australia it is quite pricey, 35aud to be exact but I really wanted to try it out so I bought it. I've been using it for a few days already and so far my eyeshadow hasn't budged at all. I have pretty normal eyelids that only ever get oily when I don't have eyeshadow/eyeshadow primer on them so I don't have any opinion on the oil control on this product since it's never a concern for me, although judging by the finish (which is matte) and the texture of it, it would have really nice oil control. The packaging is a little difficult to get the product out of because I have acrylic nails and the packaging is that typical mac glass pot (like their eyeliners, only bigger) and I can't dip my finger in directly or else my acrylic nails will just scrape the product out (which is messy and unhygenic). I feel like using a spatula to get the product out would be the best option if you were really strict on the hygiene, I also think that I will need to get a spatula once the product gets more used up because my finger wont be able to reach the product properly without my nails getting all up in it. The only problem I have run into with this product is it transferring onto my lashes throughout the day (because I have monolids and my lashes touch my lid pretty much every time I blink/look up) so there was some transferring of the pinkish colour onto my lashes, which wasn't a very good look, but then I instantly realised that this happened because I didn't put any eyeshadow on top of it so it wasn't set yet. If you want to use it as an eyeshadow base but still want to use the painterly colour as the base colour for your lids as well, I really suggest using a translucent powder to set it so it doesn't transfer onto lashes. Overall it's a really great product with really nice pigmentation and for me it's like a 2 in 1 product, it primes my lids as well as providing me with a base colour for my eyelids. I would probably repurchase again, depending on whether it dries out fast or not (I don't know yet since I got it less than a week ago)

on 7/17/2015 7:09:00 PM

MAC must have.
I was surprised by the durability of this product! It does not creases. It lasts a long time, even using it every day.
I would try other shades, but it is pricey.