April 19, 2014 | 1047 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Underworld Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever product from NARS. Both colors are so pigmented and so flattering for me. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a compliment on this - friend said it made my eyes pop! I have green/hazel eyes. I never thought that a dark blue like this would work on me, but I was wrong. I think I bought it 'cause I needed X amount to get the free shipping from Sephora, liked the way it looked on the computer, and loved the name!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous duo! I have so many blues shadows from mac bc i've been trying to pull off a blue looks for the longest! but it just hasn't worked for my skin tone (olive nc-35ish). This duo allows be to create a beautiful blue smokey eye without having to put any thought into the colors. The silver shade is excellent matched with the deep blue and they work well with either shade in the crease or on the lid. I love my mac shadows, but have put all the blue ones (except for acquadisiac and prussian) aside bc this duo is so perfect! excellent pigmentation, easy to blend, and long lasting (over a primer). definitely a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

As always, this NARS duo doesn't disappoint. Both shadows are buttery soft, well pigmented and a dream to work with. Creates a nice blue smoky eye, though there isn't a lot of contrast between the two shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - NARS calls this duo "silver and slate blue," which is about right, though the dullness of the description is contrary to how lovely this duo truly is. The lighter shade is a shimmery, clean/fresh medium silver. The darker side is a medium slate grey-blue, slightly smoky, and with iridescent shimmer. Overall, the duo is cool toned, though still wearable on my AAB/NC25 skin.

Packaging - Standard NARS rubberized compact with full size mirror under the lid; same size compact as NARS powder blush.

Overall - Maybe not the most imaginative color combination, but the quality of this duo is excellent. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by OneEva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the colour combination of this duo! The colours compliment each other well and it's so good that you can build the colours because it is well pigmented. If you put it on sheer you can get away with wearing it during the day and then at night you can vamp it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I don't have too many NARS duos but I'm super impressed with their pigmentation and quality of this duo. I love that both colors compliment each other. I hate when I get palettes, quads, duos and only like few of the colors but never satisfied with all of the colors. This duo is perfect combination, only need to add a highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of NARS' tamer duos. The silver and steel blue shades should be universally flattering. It's a basic, cool-toned duo that complements itself very well and is awesome with an intense smokey eye or something more subdued. Perfect for those who don't want to experiment too much, but instead crave something that simply... works.

I personally love using the lighter shade on my eyelid and the gorgeous, darker one on my crease, or even better, as a smudged liner. And that's where the trouble starts. The darker side of this is so buttery and soft, my smudge brush leaves deep dents in the eyeshadow! It is VERY difficult to get good payoff because of this. I'll have to try this with a wet brush or over a liner. Even worse, it has a tendency to crumble. It also means that there's fallout. Ugh. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I certainly hope this doesn't get worse.

It is a good duo for everyday wear as long as you don't go overboard with the amount you apply, and go slowly with extras such as liners and dramatic mascara. The staying power is great. I don't have oily eyelids, don't use any bases or primers. The shadows don't crease on me and last for ages.

Overall, I love the colour combination, but hate the texture of the darker, steely shade. If the texture was better, it would be a staple product and definitely worth 5 stars. But at the moment, I much prefer the Arctic duo over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to buy Underworld because it appeared to dupe the BB LE Midnight Metallic palette which I own. However, upon closer examination, I saw that the blue is much cooler and steely, and the gray has much less shimmer. I've now used this duo and I prefer it so much to the BB that I've made a gift of it.

The silvery gray is subtle enough that I applied it all over my eyelids, from lashline to browline, with my trusty MAC 217 brush. Then I patted the blue onto my lids with my Benefit Talent brush. The eyeshadows instantly brought out the blue and lavender in my eyes, and it was so pretty that I wasn't going to put on liner but I did a fine line of a steel gray liquid liner and just a touch of mascara.

The quality is the best I've ever used for shadows. Five hours after application, these shadows are still the same colors and in the same place. I experienced no fallout from the dark blue-gray shadow. To me, the wonderful thing about NARS eyeshadows is that I need much less mascara and liner to define the eye. When an eyeshadow alone can do that much, it is amazing.

Normally, I don't suggest blue tones for blue eyes but the steely "underworld" hues of these shadows are a must for blue-eyed gals and probably green-eyed gals as well. This duo is one of those sets which seems universally flattering, and so Francois has done his work well.

Repurchase, yes, but it'll be years before I'll need another Underworld.

I also love the packaging of NARS; it's sleek and simple and works well for the product encased in it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

Again, another one of the NARs duo I would repurchase for sure. Although this eyeshadow duo is more suited for night-time wear, I tend to wear it during the day...just lightly.. it gives me a really sexy smokey eye look that isn't OTT and looks gorgeous in a corporate work environment. (Just make sure u blend out any harsh lines using an eyeshadow blending brush. ie. MAC 217).

I have also used the dark blue side to line my eyes, using a MAC 266 and it looks really good :)