April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Melon

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MandyYoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite item in my make up bag!! It matches my green eyes perfectly and makes them sparkle.

It's one of the best feeling eye shadows I've used. The pigment gives a subtle shimmer when applied dry and an oh wow colour when wet. When applied with water it can flake off over the course of the day. I use MAC's studio fix to apply it. Just spray the studio fix spray on your brush and lightly dip the brush in the pigment before brushing it on.

The pigment does settle over time. I get around this and keep the color evenly mixed by giving it a shake once in a while.

It lasts forever!! I bought a jar a year ago and have maybe used 1/8th and I wear it 75% of the time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous rose-gold-peachy-pink color. Blends easily and looks great alone which is nice! It also seems to look good on nearly any eye color. A little goes a long way. Very pigmented and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Melon is a gold colour with an obvious rosy peach hue to it. it initially applies in lots of little specks, but once blended onto the lid with a flat brush over primed lids, and built up a little, eventually becomes a much more condensed, opaque pearlescent colour, with dare i say, a little gold/pink duochrome and some extra speckles left over. so it's this beautiful, unique, subtly stunning colour. it warms up the face wonderfully and i enjoy wearing it most with pinks, reds, browns and purples in the crease. MAC's 'Red Brick' eyeshadow especially, is also a sneaky way to really quickly warm up the colour in seconds!
now onto some other things about Melon. when i first bought this, it was actually a regret for me, because i was expecting an intense metallic kind of pigment that would wow at first swipe. but as i have discovered with MAC pigments in general, each pigment is so unique in how it can look its best on you. once i started experimenting with Melon and applying more of it on the lid, inner corners, lower lashline etc. i just fell in love.
FYI i also tried applying this wet, which i found went on much less shimmery, but made it more of a block of colour. i personally favour this applied dry on me. this also has quite a minimal amount of fallout compared to some other pigments. i always lean my head back whilst applying pigments anyway, so any fallout will just fall back on the lid if that makes sense. obviously with a hand-held mirror lol. not just aim and hope for the best ;)
also, if you dislike warmer colours on your eyes then this is perhaps one to avoid.
i definitely recommend trying this! it might just become your favourite.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by EmilyAllen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I love the new packaging. It is smaller and it better for storage. This product is slightly expensive, it's $21. For the amount of product you get, how long it lasts and how multipurpose it is, I say it's completely worth it! I love using it simply with some fix + and all across my lid with some liner and mascara but it is also beautiful once your eye makeup is fully done and this just topped right in the center of the lid over the shadow, it really makes it so beautiful and it a great alternative to shimmery glitter all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Lojona

Absolutely stunning. Golden pink color. I don't think you can get this color anymore... not sure. I have many closed dupes, but nothing that compares.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Melon. I use it wet so it shows up a bit better, but it makes my brown eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"Melon" is a very versatile color, goes with pretty much anything. However, I am not that fond of loose pigments that's why I haven't reached for this pigment much. It's such a hassle to apply with the powder falling all over the face. I am often in a rush when applying makeup which I think can contribute to my non-fondness of loose eye shadows. However, apart from that little fact this is a very good pigment. Versatile color and excellent quality. In addition, you get a lot of pigment for your money. It will last you quite some time. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Out of the 23 MAC pigments I own, this one is my absolute favorite. The shade is an absolutely beautiful drop-dead gorgeous color that I'll never tire of! It's a shimmery warm coral gold that looks so beautiful both in the jar and on my eyelids.
It applies true to its color on my lids, but it seems like, after reading all the reviews, that this shade shows up as a golden color on darker skintones but true to its color on fair to medium skintones. I have a NC30-35 skintone and this shade applies true to its color.
This can be used for pretty much anything. Because of its gorgeous color, it can be used simply as an all-over-the-lid wash or can be paired with other colors. For Thanksgiving I used this on the inner two thirds of the lid with Cranberry (e/s) on the outer third of the lid and Vanilla (pigment, not e/s) as a highlight. But it can be used for so many other looks, seriously! It's extremely versatile despite how it might seem!
As for the quality, nothing can even compare to MAC pigments. The pigmentation is the absolute best and the staying power is phenomenal. Honestly, I don't need any kind of primer with ANY eyeshadow or pigment from MAC, seriously. But I like to use my Paint Pot in Painterly as a base so that the eyeshadow or pigment has something to adhere to (I have oily double eyelids--I'm Asian).
The price of $20 is VERY. WORTH. IT. You get a jar with 0.15 oz of product. It doesn't sound like a lot, it is. Anytime I get a new pigment, I split them with someone else or sell or sell them (MAC sells empty pigment jars) because I couldn't ever finish a whole jar of pigment in my lifetime. You only need a tiny pinch of pigment per eye due to its incredible pigmentation.
However I don't recommend pigments to those who are new to eyeshadow. These take some getting used to and lots of practice.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I generally dont go for subtle colors but I am in LOVE with Melon. It is so shimmery but not glittery. It has the most beautiful gold highlight that looks amazing paired with sooo many other colors.

This is a must have for any pigment collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have yet to try a MAC pigment that I don't like. I really love this pigment. It's a beautiful golden orange color. Super shimmery. Doesn't bother my eyes at all. I just generally like it.