MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood

4.4

on 1/13/2015 9:09:00 PM

After much hemming and hawing, I've decided to put Indianwood up for swap. The texture is typical of other MAC Paint Pots that I've tried -- creamy and smooth, which makes finger application super easy (and when I'm in a rush in the morning, this is invaluable). So three lippies for that.

However, the color really doesn't work on my NC30 skintone. It looks like such a lovely burnished gold in the pot, but applies way too orangey on my lids for it to be flattering. I think in the lighting at the MAC store it looked less so, which is why I bought it, but unfortunately in natural light it shows up like a cream eye shadow version of Amber Lights (which also skews orange on my skintone).

Performance wise, I don't think you can really beat MAC Paint Pots. Price wise, I'm a bit alarmed at how much the cost of these things have risen over the past couple of years, but I also know that they still remain cheaper than the high end offerings at Sephora and elsewhere. I have a few Paint Pots that I love and use regularly (and they are Soft Ochre, Quite Natural and Frozen Violet, all of which work beautifully), but this one isn't for me.

on 10/26/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is definitely one of the best products I own! I was actually talked into buying it by a sales assistant at MAC and while I was hesitant at first I'm so glad I did. The colour looks so natural with my skin tone and goes on really smoothly, however I do wear a primer underneath due to having super oily skin :( but I wear it almost every day and only have a small dent which is awesome! Only downside is the price in Australia, but it's well worth it trust me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried.

Indianwood Paint Pot is a warm-toned shimmer-finished brown cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. The colour is very pretty as it has a mixture of gold and green shimmer through the warm brown base. I find it to be along the same lines colour-wise as Mac Green Brown pigment, but slightly more gold.

It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. I find the shimmery Paint Pots have slightly less staying power than the creme-finish versions, but they still work really well. I don't use Indianwood all that often but it hasn't dried out and it is a gorgeous colour if you like really warm browns.

on 8/25/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

indianwood is absolutely STUNNING, its a paint pot version of amber lights and woowdinked by MAC, i could've chosen to buy bad to the bronze by maybelline but its so thick and not smooth and it creases!! mac paint pots are the only thing that don't crease on me, most of the time i love wearing this on its own using a sigma e25 and buffing and blending it all over or applying with my fingers over my lids or i love layering gold eyeshadows like half baked, amber lights or wood winked over top of this paint pot to make the eyeshadows pop.

i wish all of mac's paint pots were this pigmented, bought bare study and rubenesque and i don't use them as much because they're not super pigmented at all. Definitely will repurchase once i run out of this! hope they don't discontinue this please!

on 7/23/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So useful for a quick look. All over the lid and in the crease. Because it is duochrome, it creates a crease shadow. Jus add a bit of black eyeshadow on the lash line and you're good to go. I just toss it because it was starting smellin weird and was starting to be difficult to spread on the lid. I want to try other paint pots but will be repurchasing one day!

on 12/15/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Probably my favorite pain pot. Indian wood is a nice neutral PURE gold it's tan/brown undertone makes it universal. All skin tones whether warm, cool or neutral can pull this off because it's not orangey nor yellow like most golds tend to be. I use this as a base for wood winked, all that glitters, sable & sumptuous olive eye shadows. These shadows are gorgeous on their own but on top of indianwood they're even better it really compliments them to stand out.

No problems with creasing, fading or longevity lasts all day until night.

Indianwood is a nice gold/rose-gold color. In the pot I thought it would be too glitzy but it ends up being okay on. With my blue eyes it's a nice touch but I am certain there are cheaper options out there - especially for how often I would be choosing to wear this. This is not an everyday wear to me. It will be nice with some Fall clothing and night wear. I would not repurchase this however I can see how someone younger might wear it more frequently. I prefer matte shades as a rule. Indianwood to me is more of a luxury type thing than a good basic.

on 7/30/2013 3:45:00 PM

Brought this on a whim, when I had gone in to buy rubensque paint pot but instead the SA at Mac pretty much forced me into buying indian wood instead. But I am really glad I got this because indian wood has turned into my staple for eye makeup. It's fuss free and easy to use. Can be applied using one's fingertip as well as a brush (I use the body shop shader brush). It can also be used in many ways. I like to use it as a base along with Mac amber lights, expensive pink, bronze and texture to create various nude yet muted shimmery looks. It even works wonderfully by itself, as a wash of color and gives a very nice sheen on my lids and brightens up my face instantly. I have insanely oily lids, and also live in a hot and humid city, so in the summers it does tend to crease on me after 5-6 hours. But in winter's it stays put till I use a makeup remover! Given that almost anything I on my eyelids creases in the summers, I don't have a lot to complain about. Plus whenever I wear this shade, people tend to ask me what I have on my eyes or how I achieved the look (even when I just hastily pat some on with my fingertips!) I purchased the paint pot in June 2011 and despite very frequent use I still have more than 4/5ths of it left and it hasn't dried out or changed texture. All in all excellent product, excellent value for money and something I would repurchase (if I needed to, which does seem the case for quite sometime)

on 6/22/2013 10:26:00 AM

I bought this Paint Pot on a whim and it was the very first one I bought. I swatched it and immediately fell in love. This Paint Pot has a rich bronze colour which is shimmery, light-reflecting, and still quite soft. Not at all glittery either, which is a boon.

This goes on very smoothly and blends well whether you use your fingers or a brush, and is incredibly buildable from barely-there sheer to rich metallic opaque. It makes a beautiful highlight over the centre of the shade 'Constructivist' (which is how I prefer to use it), but looks gorgeous and very summery by itself.

Much like the other Paint Pots, this virtually does not crease at all - despite my oily lids and deep creases.

Perfect.

on 6/21/2013 1:52:00 AM

I bought this recently and have become obsessed with this paint pot. It reminds me of MAC's Bronze, Arena, and Woodwinked if they got together and formed a cream eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous shade of bronze with golden shimmer. The pigmentation is opaque and the formula is so creamy and silky. Applies beautifully and works awesome as an eyeshadow, a base, and an eyeliner. It stays all day without budging, creasing, or migrating, but I need to mention I always wear an eye primer and my lids are semi-oily and hooded.