November 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Fatale Brilliant (Diamante)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by smiddenkidden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this, my first Lancome product because I love glitter, but have never found a cheaper glittery mascara that doesn't go on like tar! My wallet cried a little. I got it home and tried it on... it nearly got thrown across the room! I can't figure out why you'd go with this type of applicator for ANY mascara, but certainly not a glittery one! It's got 3 baby combs on it instead of bristles and in between these combs sits globs of the mascara, so you end up kind of dragging your lashes through a puddle of mascara and glitter and praying the combs will comb it through. they don't. they won't. quit trying. Grab a disposable spoolie brush or swipe one from some other formula. Once you get it one, it's very cute! Sparkly but subtle...doesn't look like you're trying to be a tween but still livens it up a little. So, like the formula, hate the brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara,my favorite brush Ive ever used.Once you get the hang of the brush it gives you gorgeous long eye lashes that look like false eye lashes,but in a good way. Love it,would repurcahse If they still made it.I think it was a LE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I would buy this product again, but not for its intended use. It's beyond me why they would package a glittery, topcoat mascara with the Fatale brush, which nearly guarantees clumps. Once on, this isn't bad, but it's nearly impossible to get it to go on over mascara with the brush. I use it by patting it with my ring finger over a darker shadow for extreme shimmer to pop the color. I learned this technique from a national Lancome artist. As a macara topcoat, however, this does not get the job done, But if you already have it, try it over a shadow and you will love the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lancome managed to come up with quite possibly the most horrible brush concept ever with this product. I could live with it if it had a normal brush, even though you cant really see the sparkles that much. But the brush- or three sided-comb rather, manages to make pre-mascara-ed that have been meticulously seperated into about 4 or 5 spikes of goo. Between the three combs lay the silver-flecked grey-tinted sparkle gel. Lashes have to pass through this river of glop to get any product on, then be reswept by the comb to distribute it. The comb teeth are spaced so far apart, and are so dang short, I end up with wet, gloppy, spidery, spikey lashes. I will try it with a seperate spooley brush, which should make things better, but for the price (twenty-something) It should come with an half decent delivery system on its own. Desperately needs to be repackaged!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by LizC21

Sheer black gel with micro silver sparkles...sparkling diamond top coat. Cute to wear for some sparkle when going out. Unfortunately, I hate the brush and extra-liquid gel texture. Makes the mascara get clumped if this isn't applied perfectly...rar! Although, the application is better with a different brush...which is what I use. Just annoying to have to work this much with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by dahooie

Like the other reviewers, I love the idea. Thankfully did not purchase this, merely tried it on at Sephora. Maybe there wasn't enough left in the tester tube (though looked like plenty on the wand and the disposable wand I used)...but NADA....NOTHING....ZILCH. Worse than using a clear mascara! Do not waste your money (or at least try first if you can!).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by annapurna007

I did not buy this product but was at Sephora and glanced at the Lancome display. I loved the idea of it--sparkly lashes!! But I tried it on and was pretty dissapointed. It is indeed sparkly, but the base the sparkles are in is grey, so on my black lashes, it looks wierd. And in the end, I didn't feel like the sparkles packed much of a punch. Too bad, it is a great idea.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ChloePuff

A very cute idea. This mascara adds sparkles on top of your mascara. Goes on a little goopy, I don't really like the comb applicator. This does add sparkles, but you need to be careful to apply consistently and lightly. If this clumps up, it starts looking like you have something whitish stuck in your lashes. Also, it can look a little too Halloweeny if you overdo it. I only use this if I'm going out at night.