BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

I never usually use primer, as I don't like using too many products on my skin and tbh, I've never seen the point of it. However, I thought I'd give this a try as you never know!

It's safe to say I haven't been converted. It's pink and shimmery and gives a lovely healthy glow - people commented on how nice my skin looked when I wore it under BB cream. Actually, worn on its own in a thin all-over layer it made my skin look glowing and healthy too.

However, after about 8 hours wear it gets a bit cakey and greasy, and it feels really heavy on my skin, especially on a warm day. I can almost feel it clogging up my skin and couldn't wait to take it off!

I probably won't continue using it as a primer, maybe as a highlighter due to its nice pink shimmery glow - plus it'll last longer!

on 8/5/2015 1:41:00 PM

it smells really good but it doesn't work really good on me. i don't really use foundation i just use powder this did good as primer but it didn't brighten my skin. and i think it just works on pale/fair skin cause it gives pinkish look and won't do well on someone with yellow undertone like me.

on 7/26/2015 1:03:00 PM

I use this primer when I would like a dewy finish. I have surface redness and while I won't say the primer gets rid of it, it does seem to minimize it. This keeps my foundation on my face and holds up well even when my combination skin turns to oily in the summer. I get this in the deluxe sample size tubes in the sephora kits/sets rather than buy the full size as I find that a not great value. Certainly does provide a "brightening" effect as promised.

on 6/24/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a lovely brightening primer but not so suitable for yellow skin tones as it is really pink and just makes your face go pink.

on 4/24/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Kind of disappears into nothing on the skin. Doesn't really prime, very thin constancy and once foundation is applied over it makes no difference to dewiness or glow. www.romyangela.blogspot.co.uk

on 4/19/2015 12:03:00 PM

This primer didn't do much for me. My skin is oily and this didn't help anything. Also didn't notice any difference with the lasting power of my makeup

on 4/15/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

There is no doubt that my HG primer is Benefit Cosmetics' That Gal. If you're looking for a product that will brighten, conceal and smooth your skin, this is for you.

So, I purchased That Gal for $36 CAN (not including taxes) at Shoppers Drug Mart. It was an impulse buy. I always wanted to try the product, although it had a hefty price with a limited amount of product. Initially, I found myself with buyers' remorse until I tried the product.

The next day, I was ready to test my splurge. I removed the product from the packaging. It was a white tube with a pinkish-yellowish label and a wind-up dial. After removing the cap and winding the dial, a dollop of pink formula was emitted. I distribute the product onto my bare skin.

I must say, I was impressed. My skin appeared luminous, pore-free and velvety-smooth. My skin is CONSTANTLY dull. I don't sleep... I am a student and I am a professional in an office. This product brought the life back into my skin. My skin looks refreshed. I have a combination of oily skin and bad genes, which means tons of pores. That Gal was able to conceal the pores fairly well - more so than Benefit's other leading primer, the PoreFessional. My skin is so smooth... it is the perfect canvas for applying make-up!
The formula is lightweight and non-greasy, which makes it good for all skin types. The effects of the formula are evident even with my other make-up, such as concealer, foundation and powder on my skin. The product literally radiates through the other layers, giving a bright, awake look.

I think everyone should try That Gal. It's a lifesaver! It's definitely a staple in my makeup bag.

on 3/15/2015 11:05:00 AM

I love the look this gives my skin, on its own or paired with foundation. I wish it wasn't so expensive and that it lasted longer. The packaging is unique but I think I would prefer a tube(like the sample). I won't repurchase until Ulta/Sephora has a good sale.

I love this primer! It makes my dull dry skin appear more healthy and glowy. Even under foundation the glow shines through. The only draw back with this product other than the price is its name. I don't feel this is a primer as it doesn't extend the wearability of my foundation. Other than that it's an excellent product for people looking for a dewy look. Wouldn't repurchase due to the price.

on 1/21/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this in a delux sample size. I am not impressed with this primer at all, it didn't do anything for my skin or makeup application. Definitely not a good product for oily skin in my opinion. It made my foundation look cakey, blotchy and very uneven no matter what I did. Glad I didn't shell out the cash for the full sized product, not worth it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors