October 25, 2014 | 1833 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what to think of this product.

I used it as a primer, as stated, but I didn't feel like it did anything. However, used on top of the foundation with a light finger, it was great! Not greasy, not sparkly, just light reflecting little bit of glow goodness. The smell is also very nice and soft, and the packaging for the sample size is super cute. I

I would like to try to product again as I'm not really sure of it yet, and I will update if I do :) For now, to me it's not really a primer, but it's more of a highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by LiliBili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer isn't a primer! Very disappointed with this product. My experience is totally different - perhaps it's my oily skin? But I thought a primer was supposed to stop oil breaking through your foundation. This does the opposite and never dries or provides a base for anything. In a very short space of time the while lot is slipping off your face. I use Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder, which I'm very happy with. I had been using this with their foundation primer but as it inexplicably contains parabens, which I try to avoid, I decided to try something different. Really I feel I was mis sold this product by an over eager sales assistant. I see Benefit do another primer with way better reviews. I wish I'd tried that. The smell is subjective also and I'm not really keen on that either. My advice - save your £24.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Makes my skin look nice and glowy, also isn't drying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I love this stuff. It is a pretty unconventional primer, but I absloutely love the glow! It created an ethereal, otherworldly glow on my face and I wish I woke up looking like that naturally...alas, no. Its also good to use alone if you're going somewhat au naturale. I've been using it for a long time, and will continue. I love benefit and this product is one reason I keep forking over my husbands hard earned money to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Walters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product when I first used it....I found the texture hard to apply over my face. It dries extremely quickly, I have never used a primer with this kind of consistency. However, I found the results of a beautiful natural, healthy looking glow under my foundation worth persisting with the product! Now I have found a knack for myself in which to apply. I turn up the concealer from the tube, (the tube is similar to a Pritt stick, if you are familiar with this!) swipe off a small amount, tap it between my two index fingers and quickly apply by taping onto my face, previously I would try to spread the concealer. Foundation glows and that glow stays all day. It does feel drying on the skin, so I do moisturise well before applying. One other thing I do, using the residue left on my fingers I tap onto my eyelids, my eyeshadow does not crease and stays vibrant until I remove it, usually around 8 hours later. The product does state it can be worn alone. I would not recommend that for us, women of colour - you will look gray and very unhealthy LOL, but under your base - you'll glisten like a diamond! The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because I like to try other products, I am not loyal to anyone brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this under UD Naked Skin foundation. I recently bought the foundation and love it but found it a little flatter than expected on application. When I use this underneath I get exactly what I think my makeup should look like a light, natural, luminous (no glitter) finish that's not too dewey and not matte. This is a light feeling, pink brightening lotion out of the tube and not a heavier silicone type primer which is fine by me. It seemed to add a little lasting power to my foundation and help blur imperfections. It also doesn't look like crap in my t-zone after an hour which is rare for a brightening product. The only cons are the goofy twist tube that serves no purpose other than probably driving the cost up. I have this in a deluxe sample/travel tube as well and like that packaging better. This is very light and not very emoillient so it sets and dries down really fast. I have to blend this out quickly to get even coverage but this would work well mixed with moisturizer or foundation because it is so light.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tylerrrlauren

I like the primer itself but the packaging
is absolutely terrible! The whole idea of
the twist up on the tube is so yoy can
mix your liquid foundation with the pink
tinted primer for a brightened look but I
just ended up wiping the product all over my face
which I felt like was such a waste. Product quality
was great but the packaging will be reason I won't
repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

I like this product. I think it helps me apply my makeup nicely and helps get a nice finish. I'm wondering if it's the right product for my very awkward nose, I'm waiting to see porefessional sample free with a magazine so I can try that... I would recommend this product to a friend

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A light pinkish primer that smells like heaven. Although it is a face primer I don't use it under foundation as I found out that it simply does nothing. I use it at my cheek area, on top of foundation, powder etc. and when it dries I apply blush/ bronzer/ highlighter BUT you have to be careful not to put too much product on top of the primer, as you will look like a clown for the rest of the day.
I wouldn't repurchase it because I find the price way too high for what you get. The product in general is cute but not good enough for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by beautysign

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this, normally I just use a moisturiser as a primer. But 'that gal' primer is really good because the pink tone counteracts dark under eye circles and brightens up your complexion and it doesn't make my problem skin break out or dry out. Sometimes i mix it with my moisturiser if my skin is dry. I can't wait to try the benefit porefessional .

Remember
Not to prime is a crime.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No