August 27, 2014 | 896 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nature's Gate - herbal moisturizing lotion for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. It is of the right consistency for my skin - not too watery and not super-thick like some of the methicone-free lotions are.
Applying it can leave some white streaks that need extra rubbing in...that is typical of lotions not having methicones and I am okay with that.
This lotion is silky and my skin totally absorbs this lotion. That is what I love about this lotion - skin actually gets nourished with all those beneficial oils, instead of the paraffin-based lotions which stay on the skin surface.

It is difficult to get the lotion out of the bottle. Also bottle loses it's shape if I try to squeeze it to get the lotion out.
The scent is wonderful, very herby/grassy (love that!) but too strong for my comfort.
It does say 'phthalate-free' on the bottle but the fragrance is making my eyes water.
It is expensive - small bottle for $11.
Update 3/28 :

3.5/5, because of the extremely strong scent (that has caused my eyes to redden and water) but it definitely has improved and softened my skin. Sesame and avocado oils seem to be the winners :) This would be my favourite lotion, if the scent is toned down a bit but not changed as it really smells lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, light lotion. On the thin side, not exactly a rich, luxurious feel as you are applying it, but as long as it does the job, that's ok. I like natural products too, so that's a plus. So many are commenting on the scent, which I like when I first put it on, but then it starts to bug me for some reason, it changes some and is a little too herbal-y. The funny thing is, I am always searching for lotions or body cremes that leave a scent on your skin for longer than a few minutes after applying - this one does, but I don't like the scent! Figures.

Still, a nice quality product without a lot of chemicals. It does have parabens =(
I bought it mainly because it was marked down pretty low, and I probably won't buy it again due to the parabens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am giving this a 5, although it's not overly moisturizing. It's more of a lightly moisturizing body lotion. But I love that it's natural, and I especially love the smell! It's a sweet slightly herbal natural scented lotion. I love to squirt any of my perfumes into it and then use it as a custom-scented lotion. It naturally goes with a green scent like Safari or Halston, and actually improves the scent of my sweeter scents, making them slightly more herbal-scented and softer, which I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Razzles14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells divine!! I have been using this lotion twice a day for about two weeks and it really has helped with my dry skin! It takes a while to rub in and sometimes I don't feel like it is quite heavy enough but for the summer it's great!

***UPDATE***
I still really enjoy the scent and consistency of this lotion, however
it made me break out in tiny red bumps all over my arms...NOT PLEASANT

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by gettingold

This is a wonderful, moisturizing lotion. I bought this for my daughter, whose skin was really dry. We smelled a lot of lotions before getting this one. You know how difficult it is to put something on an unwilling child!! I ended up using it on her, her brother and myself. It has an unassuming fragrance--just like herbs and it leaves the skin staying nice and soft. I like that it has so many natural ingredients. All of us love it, and we will definitely be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like the lotion quite a bit. It has a wonderfully light texture that does sink in well and it has a fantastic herbally scent. It is a perfect summer-time moisturizer or for those that do not have problems with dry skin. On the downside - I have used Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion for years, and I will probably go back to it for daily use because it has more antioxidants and vitamins. This Nature's Gate did not irritate my overly sensitive skin, however, it did not calm it down as much as the Alba Botanica VEBL does. I'll keep this around for when I'm in the mood for something different. The price is incredibly reasonable for the quality of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 5:32:00 AM More reviews by design

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this body lotion. it is the best! i have sensitive skin that is prone to rashes and other skin irritations. i use to use jason cocoa butter but for some reason i felt like that gave me acne like bumps on my legs and wherever else i used it. but then i decided to switch. i was super nervous at first about this product because there is fragrance in it, but i love it. i heals my skin and never gives me bumps or aggravates my skin in any way. a definite HG for me! it goes on light and leave a moisturized feeling that isn't gunky.