April 17, 2014 | 1053 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professional Platinum Foundation Brush #47

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Shotgun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this about two years ago, I believe, and paid about $35-40, which was a fair bit of money for me to spend on a brush. I was really happy with it for a long time, but I've always had issues with cleaning it. I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation, and found this applied it to my face nicely, but it was really hard to get all the foundation out when I tried to clean the brush. Usually I use some makeup remover (Lancome) to get most of it out--I put the remover on a cotton swab and rub the brush on it--then I use a gentle cleanser to wash off the makeup remover residue and any remaining makeup. I just washed it again today, following my same routine, and noticed a thin black line of sludge right along the metal attachment part on the bristles. It's disgusting! I can't tell if the metal has started rusting or something or if it's something else. In any case, this is the first time in 2 years I've seen it, and I'm pretty grossed out. I don't know if it's makeup remover reacting with the metal, but none of my other brushes (all Sephora) are doing this. I'm pretty disappointed, and despite being happy with it till now, don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is high quality like all the other Sephora brushes. I found that the Sephora 45. 55, and 56 do a better job for blending the foundation into my skin. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Mands39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great application. No shedding. I had this brush for about 2 years and eventually the product was soaking up toward the feral. I decided to exchange it (no more receipt but Sephora took it anyway!)

However I thought I'd try an angled brush, only to realize when I got home that it was a blush brush [grrr]. I haven't had the time to exchange it AGAIN, also I feel kind of like a doofus doing that. But I loved it, just didn't take perfect care of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Bunnybear9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One word: LOVE. This brush is fantastic for liquid foundation application. It applies product smoothly, blends well, doesn't leave streaks, and doesn't shed. It doesn't soak up foundation. The bristles are super soft. I only have good things to say about this brush and would recommend to anyone for liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by imagin4sian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite brushes! Gives me better coverage than I would get from a sponge or my fingers. This brush doesn't streak my foundation either. It's not too dense or too flimsy. The bristles are very soft and the brush doesn't stink of chemicals when you first buy it. I use this almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ncdc83

Been using this for almost a year, hasnt started shedding yet, although I always make an effort to wash brushes as gently as possible. Perfect for concealer/foundation allocation. The cost works itself out in the long run, lasts a long time :) love the silver handle, also have the blush brush which is equally as fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ThatsForTrue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first foundation brush I have ever used so I don't have any other brushes to compare it to. I used to use either my fingers or a wedge sponge but felt like I was wasting too much product or was not getting a nice even looking result. This brush is amazing! It makes such a big difference to the overall look I can achieve. I have not had any bristles fall out yet (had the brush for about 2 weeks) nor have I had any problems with streaking. The only cons with this product for me would be the price, as I believe I paid about $37 CAN, which for me is a bit expensive. Overall I would definitely recommend this brush =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by dolphin82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation brush! I always used my fingers or a wedge before. The wedge always soaks up the foundation and the fingers do a better job. I started getting interested in brushes and this one is far more dense and softer than the $25 yellow brush w/ black handle at Sephora for $2 more! It blends like a dream and gives a streak free even coverage. I use my liquid Clinique Even Better foundation and with this brush I get a full coverage and feels like nothing! The brush also feels really nice against my skin. I try to clean after each use (at least every other day) and holds up great. I use a make up remover and water. Holds its shape and dries fast. I would buy again! Higher than some other brands but worth it. Only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a case or package of any kind. I don't feel like I need to look for a better foundation brush :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good quality brush. It never once shed and I wash it with Dove solid soap because I am too lazy to do the whole olive oil routine and it's still soft and looks as new even if the hair is probably natural.
If you want optimal results from this brush you must wash it every day, and each usage but it still gives very good results even if you wash it every 3 days or so.
Also I wash it quite clumsily sometimes, water comes in where it's not supposed to, where the hairs are glued, and it still hasn't shed, not even once! If you lat it dry horizontally flat, the hairs won't be clumped together and you won't get streaks.
This is almost double the price of the artificial hair Sephora Foundation Brush but it's so worth the money difference. All artificial foundation brushes leave streaks that you have to blend in with your fingers. This brush doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, one of the best tools I've ever used (and I've tried both the Mac 187 and the Sonia Kashuk sponge, as well as a ton of other makeup sponges). I actually like the thick bristles. It has a nice softness to it and glides on very easily. It's also easy to take care of since it doesn't shed like other brushes I've had. It's a bit pricey for a generic brand but well worth the investment.