Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

3.4

active ingredient: salicylic acid 1.50% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, alcohol denat., nylon-12, butylene glycol, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, acetyl glucosamine, sorbitol , sea whip extract, barium sulfate, 10-hydroxydecanoic acid, silica, disodium edta, benzalkonium chloride

I used the whole kit and these products made wonders for my skin, it's a lot better now and I break out twice a month instead of twice a week. BUT I feel like there are more gentle and more effective products in the market similar to this. This toner seems to have way too much alcohol in it. I still would recommend it cause Clinique acne solutions was the first thing that helped to get rid of my horrible forehead acne so it still works.

on 1/13/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

BEST THING FOR ACNE!!!! I am ACNE PRONED THIS IS MY HG. I am 21&now break out free..I've tried every drugstore acne products/proactive nothing worked:( but this saved my life I am now acne free :-) 15$ so worth it guys

on 12/31/2014 3:05:00 PM

How did they manage to get this product into stores? Once it ran out in my make up bag and the print on the back of literally all my products got melted away. Imagine what this does to our skin in the long term? Never used it again after that.

on 11/19/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a fairly big fan of this toner (lotion?). I was fairly disappointed with the Acne Solutions cleanser, but this toner pretty much saved the day. I have occasional severe hormonal acne, and I was searching for a 3-step kit to help me out. While the cleanser was a disappointment, the toner removes a TON of impurities, be it makeup, oil, dirt, etc. It tingles a bit and I can definitely feel it working and exfoliating it as well. I fill one cotton round with the liquid and sweep it all over my face with slight pressure. Voila! My face definitely feels clean. I'm bummed about the ineffectiveness of the rest of the Acne Solutions line, but I think this toner is definitely a keeper.

on 10/15/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I always come back to this. I'm not a big toner person but I like knowing that my face is properly cleansed and free of make-up and dirt.
I used this as part of the three step system but this is the only product out of the three that I'm still using. The other two I've found don't work too well but this toner works well with my skin.
It doesn't dry my skin out and it leaves it feeling cool and hydrated right after I cleanse my face. I think it also helps a little bit with my acne but I can't pinpoint it on this product for sure since I use acne medication in combination with this.
The product lasts me about 3-4 months and I don't mind the price since the toner doesn't irritate my skin. Most toners tend to make my skin itch, red, or dry up but this one does its job well! Leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed, and hydrated.
I would repurchase this and it's totally safe for acne-prone skin, at least for me!
Give it a try!! x

on 7/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

This toner was part of the 3 step acne solutions set. I used this system for 5 weeks and in my video I posted before and after pictures as well as 5 weeks worth of progress pictures. I hope you can check it out. I have combination skin (oily and normal) and have mild acne.

After I used the soap, I use this and this works very well. It is my favorite part of the set because it cleans out my skin. I use this with cotton pads and even though I double cleansed my skin, with this toner and cotton pad, I was still able to remove more dirt on my skin. It kept my skin balanced.

I love Clinique, but this product was a total miss. I agree with the other reviewers. While it is great for drying out existing acne, it also will dry out your entire face and does not help to prevent blemishes.

I purchased this hoping to treat and prevent acne, but it just aggrevates my skin and dries out my face. I would pass on this product if you have sensitive skin.

on 6/28/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Well when i was in Greece, i bumped into Sephora on the street. I wasn't really searching for the Clinique's anti-blemish line (i assume it was previously called acne solutions line). But a woman in sephora told me that there was a special discount on that day so i thought i would give the lotion a chance and if i liked the lotion i would get the whole line. I researched the product after buying it. Actually bad comments existed more than good ones. During the first night i used the product, my acne dried out which was amazing. However, soon after they dried, the new ones came out. I was expecting the lotion to help reducing the new ones at the same time but it didn't. By the way, it contains so much alcohol. If your skin is sensitive towards alcohol, definitely skip this one. It dries out the skin so much because of the alcohol so its also not for the ones with dry skin type. I will continue to use it to see if my skin improves. However i don't think i will be buying the whole line or repurchasing the lotion.

on 3/30/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am in early 30s and have adult acne. I had normal teenage acne as a kid but nothing as bad as what happened once I hit my 30s. It was worsened with a stressful job. My face erupted with red zits. Bumpy face. Maybe 1-2 had pus. Tiny hardened clogged bumps at the upper part of my cheeks which I felt but wasn't that visible. I gave this line a try. And-- it cleared my skin up at least by 75%. I still got pimples here and there but nothing as bad as that eruption I had prior from stress. And just recently, my face erupted again. But this time I think due to the many harsh products I've been using-- healing mud mask, Helene's mask, ACV on my face, black African soap, st Ives face scrub, neutrogena face scrub, and several others. Oh I also used that loreal scrublet, an oil of olay spinning scrub and used essential oils. I have ZERO idea what did it (the oils?). It takes at least two weeks for pimples to surface right?... Anyways, the reason why I used these products was to unclog my pores once my face was better and to fade the PIH scars leftover. But... As mentioned, eruption of epic proportions. Peeling dry skin as well. Time to be gentle and time to use just my Clinique stuff now. Within past two days, inflammation and size of pimples have gone down. Still there just deflated and calmed. So from my experience, it works but not effective enough.

on 3/19/2014 6:17:00 PM

My skin is tough, I can use almost everything, drugstore, high end. My skin accepts anything. But this.... I cant understand what kind of idiot you must be to launch this for oily sensitive ance prone skin?? pure alcohol and acid! I got dry patches, terrible redness and my acne has never been worse. I am recovering now with Mario Badescu products. Reason I bought it was a few acne I got caused by female isues. I never felt so much burn on my face like with this toner. And I only had a few acne.
And a tip. DO NOT TRY TO RINSE IT WITH WATER! my whole face was red and I felt like someone set me on fire.
Disgusting.