July 28, 2014 | 1719 users online

Toners - Clinique - Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This toner was part of the 3 step acne solutions set. I used this system for 5 weeks and in my video I posted before and after pictures as well as 5 weeks worth of progress pictures. I hope you can check it out. I have combination skin (oily and normal) and have mild acne.

After I used the soap, I use this and this works very well. It is my favorite part of the set because it cleans out my skin. I use this with cotton pads and even though I double cleansed my skin, with this toner and cotton pad, I was still able to remove more dirt on my skin. It kept my skin balanced.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I love Clinique, but this product was a total miss. I agree with the other reviewers. While it is great for drying out existing acne, it also will dry out your entire face and does not help to prevent blemishes.

I purchased this hoping to treat and prevent acne, but it just aggrevates my skin and dries out my face. I would pass on this product if you have sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by nlls11

Well when i was in Greece, i bumped into Sephora on the street. I wasn't really searching for the Clinique's anti-blemish line (i assume it was previously called acne solutions line). But a woman in sephora told me that there was a special discount on that day so i thought i would give the lotion a chance and if i liked the lotion i would get the whole line. I researched the product after buying it. Actually bad comments existed more than good ones. During the first night i used the product, my acne dried out which was amazing. However, soon after they dried, the new ones came out. I was expecting the lotion to help reducing the new ones at the same time but it didn't. By the way, it contains so much alcohol. If your skin is sensitive towards alcohol, definitely skip this one. It dries out the skin so much because of the alcohol so its also not for the ones with dry skin type. I will continue to use it to see if my skin improves. However i don't think i will be buying the whole line or repurchasing the lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MyJazzyways

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in early 30s and have adult acne. I had normal teenage acne as a kid but nothing as bad as what happened once I hit my 30s. It was worsened with a stressful job. My face erupted with red zits. Bumpy face. Maybe 1-2 had pus. Tiny hardened clogged bumps at the upper part of my cheeks which I felt but wasn't that visible. I gave this line a try. And-- it cleared my skin up at least by 75%. I still got pimples here and there but nothing as bad as that eruption I had prior from stress. And just recently, my face erupted again. But this time I think due to the many harsh products I've been using-- healing mud mask, Helene's mask, ACV on my face, black African soap, st Ives face scrub, neutrogena face scrub, and several others. Oh I also used that loreal scrublet, an oil of olay spinning scrub and used essential oils. I have ZERO idea what did it (the oils?). It takes at least two weeks for pimples to surface right?... Anyways, the reason why I used these products was to unclog my pores once my face was better and to fade the PIH scars leftover. But... As mentioned, eruption of epic proportions. Peeling dry skin as well. Time to be gentle and time to use just my Clinique stuff now. Within past two days, inflammation and size of pimples have gone down. Still there just deflated and calmed. So from my experience, it works but not effective enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by maja1502

My skin is tough, I can use almost everything, drugstore, high end. My skin accepts anything. But this.... I cant understand what kind of idiot you must be to launch this for oily sensitive ance prone skin?? pure alcohol and acid! I got dry patches, terrible redness and my acne has never been worse. I am recovering now with Mario Badescu products. Reason I bought it was a few acne I got caused by female isues. I never felt so much burn on my face like with this toner. And I only had a few acne.
And a tip. DO NOT TRY TO RINSE IT WITH WATER! my whole face was red and I felt like someone set me on fire.
Disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I hated this product! After I put the cleansing foam and followed up with this clarifying toner it just made my skin irrated and red! I had to put on my ultracalming concentrate serum and wait for 2 hours for the redness to go away! This was not a good product. It would maybe work on someone with severe acne and oily skin. But I only wanted to use this when I get blemishes on the time of the month.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Worst ever. Caused dry,red patches on my face. I hate this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner does a good job keeping my skin from being oily, but I am not sure of clearing my skin or preventing me to have acne.
I am still looking for my HG acne product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NO way!!
2 years ago that i used it, i had very very oily skin and acne..
this product,due to the alcohool it contained, absolutelly drained my skin..my skin was so tight and dry, i could barely move my face after aplying it...well,after half an hour,my face was reacting to it by producing more oil..
the good thing is it removed any leftovers from my makeup that weren't removed with wipes and facial wash..maybe using it once a week as a deep cleasner could be good..but as an acne treatment on a daily basis,it did absolutelly nothing for me..and definatelly not worth the money..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by natasa88

I have sensitive acne prone skin. This toner works well without drying my face. It really helps with clearing up acne. Will definitely continue using this product for years