April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Toners - Clinique - Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MyJazzyways

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in early 30s and have adult acne. I had normal teenage acne as a kid but nothing as bad as what happened once I hit my 30s. It was worsened with a stressful job. My face erupted with red zits. Bumpy face. Maybe 1-2 had pus. Tiny hardened clogged bumps at the upper part of my cheeks which I felt but wasn't that visible. I gave this line a try. And-- it cleared my skin up at least by 75%. I still got pimples here and there but nothing as bad as that eruption I had prior from stress. And just recently, my face erupted again. But this time I think due to the many harsh products I've been using-- healing mud mask, Helene's mask, ACV on my face, black African soap, st Ives face scrub, neutrogena face scrub, and several others. Oh I also used that loreal scrublet, an oil of olay spinning scrub and used essential oils. I have ZERO idea what did it (the oils?). It takes at least two weeks for pimples to surface right?... Anyways, the reason why I used these products was to unclog my pores once my face was better and to fade the PIH scars leftover. But... As mentioned, eruption of epic proportions. Peeling dry skin as well. Time to be gentle and time to use just my Clinique stuff now. Within past two days, inflammation and size of pimples have gone down. Still there just deflated and calmed. So from my experience, it works but not effective enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by maja1502

My skin is tough, I can use almost everything, drugstore, high end. My skin accepts anything. But this.... I cant understand what kind of idiot you must be to launch this for oily sensitive ance prone skin?? pure alcohol and acid! I got dry patches, terrible redness and my acne has never been worse. I am recovering now with Mario Badescu products. Reason I bought it was a few acne I got caused by female isues. I never felt so much burn on my face like with this toner. And I only had a few acne.
And a tip. DO NOT TRY TO RINSE IT WITH WATER! my whole face was red and I felt like someone set me on fire.
Disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

I hated this product! After I put the cleansing foam and followed up with this clarifying toner it just made my skin irrated and red! I had to put on my ultracalming concentrate serum and wait for 2 hours for the redness to go away! This was not a good product. It would maybe work on someone with severe acne and oily skin. But I only wanted to use this when I get blemishes on the time of the month.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Worst ever. Caused dry,red patches on my face. I hate this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner does a good job keeping my skin from being oily, but I am not sure of clearing my skin or preventing me to have acne.
I am still looking for my HG acne product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NO way!!
2 years ago that i used it, i had very very oily skin and acne..
this product,due to the alcohool it contained, absolutelly drained my skin..my skin was so tight and dry, i could barely move my face after aplying it...well,after half an hour,my face was reacting to it by producing more oil..
the good thing is it removed any leftovers from my makeup that weren't removed with wipes and facial wash..maybe using it once a week as a deep cleasner could be good..but as an acne treatment on a daily basis,it did absolutelly nothing for me..and definatelly not worth the money..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by natasa88

I have sensitive acne prone skin. This toner works well without drying my face. It really helps with clearing up acne. Will definitely continue using this product for years

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can not say enough about this product! I love it soo much! It controls oil so well!! I can definitely notice a difference when I don't use this product and when I do because when I do use it my oil is under control and I barley ever have to re touch my makeup but when I don't use it my skin is noticeably oilier and I have to the touch my makeup at least once

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin, and before trying the Clinique three-step acne system, I tried everything from prescription medications given to me by my dermatologist to proactive to cheap drugstore finds, hoping something could get my skin under control, but EVERYTHING dried me out and made my skin peel! It was awful. Even with exfoliation, it looked terrible and dry under make up and I was just miserable, until I found Clinique. This system is the only one that's ever worked for me, and it's perfect. I use the bar soap on my face instead of the foaming pump because it lasts way longer and has the exact same effect. This toner I especially love; it keeps my skin oil-free and healthy-looking all day, I'd highly recommend trying it to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the 3 step system from Clinique, and this was the only one of the three that I was not happy with. I find the need to shake the product up really annoying, and I do not like that there is no stopper or anything on the bottle to slow the flow of product from the bottle. I used up this step about a month before I even got close to finishing the other two. Even though they can be purchased separately, I think it would be better if a company planned the sizes of their items in a kit so that they will be finished around the same time.

Since the main ingredient is Salicylic Acid, I replaced this step with the Stridex pads in the red box and I have seen the same level of acne control. For the price of this product, I go through it too fast and don't see enough of a difference to keep paying for it.