July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Moisturizers - Marcelle - New Age anti-wrinkle + firming Night Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jvioafuioed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not sleep in this cream, because it started itching my face within minutes. Luckily it was only a sample I got, and I hadn't purchased it. For the record, I do not have sensitive skin, so that tells you something about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lagatta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this on sale at Shopper's for $16. I don't normally buy anti-aging products because I don't believe in them. I've been using this for 2 weeks and I've noticed my skin is glowing. It's well moisturized and the skin tone is more even. I can't say whether it's done anything for my wrinkles but it does seem firmer. It does tingle a bit when I pit it on but that tingling subsides. I think it's just the active ingredients working.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by jhaleyt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I had the same bad allergic reaction to this product. I've never had an allergic reaction to a product before - my skin is "normal" and not normally sensitive. I tested the eye cream from this "new age" line - just a tiny amount of it - and I developed a severe rash on the entire top half of my face. It started with just some minor swelling and a few bumps under my eyes, but by the next morning the rash had spread to my cheeks and forehead, and was very very red and swollen. I looked like a freak. I went to the doctor and was prescribed prescription strength antimhistamines and cortisoid cream. It's been a week now and the rash has mostly diminished (bumps mostly gone) but still a little red (like I'd just done some exercise). Stay away from this cream! (or at least don't test it on your face!).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nsjacq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a horrible reaction to this product as well. It made my face very red and very swollen. I didn't even look like myself. I went to the Dr. and she asked right away if the cream I had used with Marcelle New Age!! She had had the same reaction herself and had treated 3 other patients who had a reaction to it. Then when I was in the bathroom at work a lady came in and saw me putting the cream the Dr. gave me on my face (meanwhile I look like a freak). I told her what happened and she gets this weird look on her face. Then she tells me that she had a reaction to the same stuff!! She was smart though and tried it on her arm first so only her arm turned red and swelled.

There is something seriously wrong with this cream! I have used other Marcelle creams with no problems but this is awful!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by galactickim

I've only been using this product for about a week, but I thought I'd share my review so far. Unlike the other reviewer, I did not experience any allergic or negative reaction to this product, and I have very sensitive skin. In fact, for about 10 years now I have only been using a 100% natural cream containing mainly sweet almond oil. However, now at the age of 34 my skin is rapidly deteriorating. I don't blame the natural cream, I blame my genes - my Grandma has a very very wrinkled face.

Anyway, I decided to give something perhaps a little more potent a try to see if it helps diminish the look of the wrinkles that I have and hopefully slow down the process. So far, I haven't noticed any difference, but like I said, it's only been a week. I'll update in another month or so. For now, though, this cream goes on really nicely and keeps my face hydrated throught the night, and did not cause my sensitive skin to break out with acne or an allergic rash. Time will tell if it can tackle the aging effect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is EVIL!!! Hypo-allergenic, my a$$!!!! Seriously, I had such a bad allergic reaction to it that I developed a red bumpy rash all over my face, neck, and chest that lasted for over a week after washing it off!!! I actually thought the reaction was to my Alba body lotion because I didn't realize a cream applied just to my face and neck could extend down my chest and even to my arms!!! A few weeks after the rash subsided, I tested a small amount of this and a few other lotions on my arm, and this was the one that made me break out horribly all over again. I have NEVER had an allergic reaction to a cream before, let alone such an extreme one, and I have used dozens of moisturizers and creams. I sure wish I knew which ingredient I was reacting to, so I can avoid it in the future. Now I will have to do some research. If I find out what I reacted to, I will update my post. In the meantime, here is the ingredient list:
Ingredients AQUA/WATER/EAU, Glyceryl Stearate, CETYL ALCOHOL, PEG-8, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALLANTOIN, CARBOMER, Dimethicone, CYCLOMETHICONE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, Polysorbate 20, DISODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC / CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, CETETH - 20, SILICA, Dipropylene Glycol, BUTYROSPERNUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGEA EXTRACT, , CAFFEINE, GLYNINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, CERAMIDE 3, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, BUPLEURUM FALCATUM, Coenzyme A, Cl 16035, PEG-75, Steareth-20, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Paullinia Capana Seed Extract, Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Carnauba, Sphacelaria Scoparia Extract.