NYX Snow White

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I was searching for a universally flattering, deeper red lipstick to add to my ever growing collection of red lipsticks, and after reading the reviews for NYX Snow White, how could I resist?

I find this lipstick to be tooooo brown for my taste though. Just like a previous review said, its not a blue-based red and leans more towards a warm muddy red against my NC35 skin. Yes, it's dark and vampy, but a light application looks like a faded out red lip and a heavier application looks too dirty brownish red for me. Maybe it's because I'm in my true red phase, but this lipstick by itself isnt impressive imo.

HOWEVER, it gets four stars because this lipstick as a light base for my other red lipsticks (NYX Eros and Milani Best Red) creates a FABULOUS color. It brings out the hidden bluish tones in Eros and turns my Best Red into a brighter deep red that looks near vampy in certain lighting.

Repurchase? Maybe, because it's the perfect mate to my favorite red lipsticks in my collection. 💋

on 2/23/2015 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my fave red lipstick!!! But it's hard to find and the packaging sucks, the plastic broke and was very fragile. The product is great though

on 12/2/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The red to end all reds... and with a name like SNOW WHITE... how could one not at least be somewhat curious?

And I was so curious. And I found it at the local drugstore and had to give it a try. And like all fairytale endings, it was a happy one. If there is one red lipstick to own, this would be it. Your classic red that can be applied sheer over some balm or vamped on with a couple swipes. The formula is comfortable and light with outstanding pigmentation. Described as a deep blue-toned red by the company, but it goes well with my fair warm-toned skin color. I usually like orange-based reds (think Indie Flick by NYX) so I really was worried this lipstick wouldn't work on me. It totally works. It's so perfect. And I hardly see any blue... it's really more a browned red? Just so beautiful. I have more neutral-warm tones and my friend tried it on and has cool tones - totally worked for both of us. I keep wanting more NYX lipsticks!

Absolutely beautiful, intense and opaque, with zero staying power. The color is beautiful but it bleeds and smears and transfers on everything, I can barely get it to last 30 minutes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite red lipstick! I love this. This is a pretty, deep, red shade. It has more of a brown undertone so it isn't bright but it is a nice fall color. The lipstick is creamy, applies smooth, and lasts awhile. It is a bold color so it will transfer so be careful if you are going out to eat. These lipsticks are very inexpensive around 4 or 5 US dollars. The only thing is that NYX isn't the easiest product to get. I am fortunate that I live within 20 minutes of 4 Ulta's however Ulta isn't readily available to everyone. Target now sells NYX but they sell maybe 20 percent of the NYX line. Ulta is the best option because Target just sells the bare minimum (at least the ones near me). NYX is available online and I can say they really great with online. They make sure to really cushion their products when the send them via mail to not damage or crack any makeup. The lipstick tube itself can be improved. It is not bad but it does seem a little cheap is all, but not terrible. Maybelline lipsticks and Rimmel's moisture renew still have worse packaging. Anyway this is a must have for any girl with a fondness for red lips. It may be called snow white (and it is quite lovely on fair skin) but this is a neutral red lipstick. Any skin tone can pull it off. It is a deep and vampy red perfect for fall and winter.

on 10/8/2014 9:59:00 PM

I bought this lipstick on a whim when Ulta was having a big sale on NYX and figured it would be good to throw into my ever-growing and excessive pile of red lippies to use when I didn't want to use my more expensive lipsticks.

HG status. Right here.

I put it on and it blew 90% of my stash out of the water! The formula is creamy and opaque in one or two good swipes. It's a beautiful cool-toned red. It's definitely not for the faint of heart... it's pretty intense. I can't say much about the lasting power as I only wore it for maybe 25 minutes (I had other lipsticks to try!), but I can say it was harder to get off than your average lipstick!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the definition of a killer lipstick. It's not for the faint of heart and is not something I wear every day. (Although kudos to the woman who would! I am more of an MLBB kind of girl myself for everyday). This is a Saturday night, show-stopping, wow-you're-wearing-red-lipstick color. It is perfect for cool-toned, fair skin.

I can't imagine going through the whole tube any time soon, or else I would buy a back up. There's a very generous amount of product and it can last for hours and hours. A great color, great price and great addition to my collection.

on 7/2/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The PERFECT PINUP RED! I have porcelain skin and blue eyes so this is the ultimate red lipstick for me. This shade is a cult favorite for that retro style. Itís a true cool blue based darker red and doesnít have orange or pink tones. If you are looking for a cherry or fire engine red Ė this is not it. I love how it has a slight sheen but it is still very opaque in coverage. What more could you want for around $5?

on 6/29/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Anyone looking for a HG red lipstick? Well, this is it. It's the perfect shade of red with blue undertones, so it will make your teeth look whiter. It goes on smoothly and looks great with lip liner, without, or with lip gloss on top. The price is excellent and it's cruelty free! So, turn up the sexy with this red lipstick.

on 6/3/2014 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Finally! This - THIS - is the red I've been looking for. Much as the name Snow White would suggest, I'd consider this the perfect red for very fair skin and dark hair. (I'm sure almost anyone could pull this color off though.) A lot of standard reds either end up looking fairly bright or even orange-y on me, but this one pulls a bit darker, more ruby, leaning toward vamp territory. Application is creamy and smooth, but it goes on so easy that careful application is key. I'm not really a fan of the somewhat soapy scent it has during application, but it seems to fade fairly quickly and there doesn't seem to be a funky taste. The formula isn't too drying, but I always use a light layer of lip balm before applying any lipstick. Awesome price point + cruelty-free = can't go wrong.

Recommended for Medium Skin