August 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Colour Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this dries my lips a bit too much - it starts flaking in the afternoon even with the balm. I'm going to run out of the balm before the colour, and the colour is far too drying to wear alone. Wouldn't bother with it again.

I have 105 Golden Taffeta - slightly glittery medium/light pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by kaitaritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in the colour Henna. It did stay on for a long time but it goes on in flakes, which is not attractive. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Angela75

A friend gave this to me in the colour Mahogany- which is a brick plum on my lips and holy cow what a great product!!
It lasts a full 8 hours for me! Lips must be flake free and you MUST leave it to set on dry lips for two minutes for it to stay. The gloss it comes with is very low sheen which I love and my lips don't dry out! Miraculous in my opinion! Feels natural and doesn't make my naturally wrinkly lips look more wrinkly. My lips have been dry this year and this stuff really seals in moisture in a flexible and comfortable way. Can't even feel I'm wearing lipcolour at all and yet it's very saturated colour. I can't wait to find a nicer shade for myself because I will use this everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

[EDIT] Holy crap y'all! I just snapped the balm out of one of these, then snapped the lipstick side out of another one and put them together in one package! Now I have one of these packages with two different colors in it!

This has been my HG lipstick for as long as I can remember. I have always purchased the longest-wearing lipsticks I can find because I have some kind of oral fixation - I eat off my lipstick and I'm drinking constantly so wear and transfer is a big problem for me. The first time I tried this I was hooked and I have it in almost every color. I've repurchased these over and over; it's one of the few products that I'll actually use up and purchase again as opposed to getting bored with it or losing it before it's empty.

First of all the packaging is fabulous - the little square box fits perfectly in small clutches and the mirror finish is a must-have for me now. No more hanging out in crowded dirty bathrooms at night clubs checking my makeup - I just find a quiet corner and take a quick look. Fortunately this lipstick is so durable that I never have to reapply this - in fact I have to use eye makeup remover at the end of the night to take it off. I have woken up bleary eyed on many, many mornings with smeared mascara and perfectly applied lipstick!

If you plan on eating, plan to reapply after dinner unless you're very, very careful. If you eat something oily then wipe your lips with a napkin, it will come off. Even if you lightly dab it'll come off on the middle of your lips and you'll have weird, uneven coverage and you'll need to reapply anyway.

It is a bit drying, and I've found that it can stick to patches that are already dry and cause them to peel off. However I have gotten in the habit of exfoliating my lips before bed a couple of nights a week and it's no longer a problem. You can also use the balm that's included but I've found it a bit waxy. You definitely want to apply the lipstick BEFORE the balm, the color needs to stick directly to your lips.

I've got my Mom devoted to this stuff now too, she has fine lines around her lips and this is one of the few lipsticks that doesn't bleed into them. It comes in a lot of different colors but my favorites are Pomegranate, Rosebud and Garnet.

These run anywhere from $9 to $11 but sometimes Walgreen's runs them buy one get one 50% off and then I stock up. Even though they're a few dollars cheaper than Mac (at $15) I consider them to be a way better lipstick.

FYI - I also like Maybelline's Super Stay 24 Hour Color. The packaging is not as great (and kind of cheap looking) but they have a better color selection in my opinion. It's double ended so if you don't like the balm you can just pull off that end and throw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't like to wear lipsticks that transfer and disappear after one hour of wear or so. That is the reason why I bought this lip colour. It does the job very well. It stays put for at least 6 hours and doesn't leave stains on glasses, clothes or what have you and that is exactly what I was looking for.

As mentioned in other reviews, it has a drying effect on the lips. I don't use the balm on the other end of this lipstick to solve that problem but apply my Vaseline lip balm on top of it instead which works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hearing how long lasting this product was I finally decided to purchase it. I bought it in henna. Although I love the product I have to admit that this color is a bit orange. Other than the color this lipstick is fantastic! It applies very smoothly and does not catch in the drier parts of my lips. I have very, VERY dry lips, so dry that doctors have commented and recommended a variety of products to moisturize them mostly to no avail. There have been some reviews on here saying that this product dries your lips, but I have had absolutely no issues with that. I will also say that I always wait the recommended (and potentially required) two minutes before applying the clear balm. This lipstick lasts and lasts through eating, drinking, and kissing (my boyfriend refuses to kiss me when I have any lip product on other than this). I will definitely be buying this product in a different color in the future and would recommend it to anyone looking for a long lasting lip product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well...let me first say that I was super skeptical about this product which is why I basically always ignored the commercials when they would air every 3 minutes. Beyonce looks gorgeous and the lippie look stunning; HOWEVER...my experience with this product hasn't been exactly commercial ready. Let me explain: So, I was in search of a very richly pigmented dark lip that would accentuate my neutral brown skintone and after hunting around at store after store and not finding anything that interested me I stumbled upon this in Walmart. The color is "MAHOGANY," which instantly reminded me of Ms. Diana Ross in the 1975 movie and how regal and beatiful she was so I thought "WHY NOT?" And this color against my skin absolutely embodies such classic brown beauty because the pigment is deep and rich which is exactly what I was looking for; so; if this review were based soley on color qualitly, then it definitely would get five out of five lippies from me BUT I have to be honest here...the formula is not so great. The color formula goes on very smoothly and without fuss BUT after a few minutes it dries, then the instructions have you apply the balm over the color to moisturize. This is where the problem lies for me. I CANNOT stand dry feeling lips and once this stuff dries it is like desert lips! The balm does an OK job at hydrating for a small amount of time but does not stand up to any long wear what-so-ever. After about and hour or so it began to curdle and flake...especially if you happen to blot your lips together or accidently lick your lips. Reapplication is a mainstay with this product which has been such an incredible disappointment. But, again, the color payoff is great and the packaging is super chic which are noteworthy redeeming qualities. For $12, tho, I am not so sure that I'll be rushing to repurchase unless L'Oreal launches an irresitable color collection with these such as nudes and browns or something or that sort. I'm thinking of getting maybe one more just out of unreigned curiosity, but that has yet to be determined.
My advice: try it for yourself because some of the things that were red flags for me may be tolerable for you.
Until next time...take it easy and buy more makeup:-)
~A. Starr

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ugh I have this in Mulberry & Ugh!!! Its awful! I cant even get 5 mins of use out of it with out it flaking and peeling right off!! I love the lip balm it self tho. The great reviews may tempt me to give another one a try but the one i currently have is awful & I hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply love these lip colors. They last a very, very long time on me. They are easy to apply and pretty much last for me through drinking and don't start to wear off until I start eating. I am shocked they don't dry my lips out either. I purchased the Covergirl comparable of this product and it sucked! The L'oreal are definitely better quality and longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

This stuff does not budge! Did not flake for me! the only reason i could see why it flaked is because it does stick to dry lips so make sure to exfoliate before putting this on!
My husband never kisses me while i have any lip product on, but whenever i wear this he knows that he wont be wearing my lip color after! lol
I ate and drank and danced all night and this stuff was amazing! i never had to re- apply!
More than happy with this! and the compact is super easy to just pop in your purse and go!
I have the color 740- pomegranate and it is the perfect color for me! i can not find any color or any formula that is this perfect!
Only bad this is that it is hard to get off at the end of the night! but its worth it in my opinion!