April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Self Tanners - Sephora - Sephora Body Self Tanning Bronzing Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by klskag02

I work at Sephora and I usually hear all the talk about the St. Tropez bronzer, which is also nice but $50 a bottle! Not exactly college-budget friendly, even with a discount. So I tried this one night. After exfoliation in the shower, I lay a towel down on the floor (so the self tanner wouldnt fall on my carpet) and spray sections of my body and rub in. Its very easy to rub in and the smell isnt too bad! Its very mild compared to other self tanners like Jergens who claim to have a "no smell" formula. The aerosol design makes it extremely user friendly, and the mist dries fast once it is rubbed in. Now, this isnt an instant tanner, and it doesnt claim to be. You wont see instant results, but the formula does take about 3 hours to develop and the smell dissipates after about 10 minutes of application.
Needless to say, EVERYONE at work customers and clients alike were asking me where I went on vacation. My fake tan was that convincing! It develops into a natural but bronzy tan that doesnt streak and is not orange at all. I think this tanner is different simply because its a red base tan instead of a orange based. My tan lasted about 5-7 days, this is without heavy exfoliation or scrubbing in the shower. I was even brave enough to try this on my face and it works like a charm there as well! I prefer it over my Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta glow pads. This is now a holy grail product for me, and I rave and rave about it to customers. Ive recommended it to other employees, and they go on and on about how much they love it as well. This is a great find at Sephora, and you are paying 1/2-1/3 the price tag than you would be buying any other self tanners in the store. Check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by chipshumptydumpty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really against tanning with UV so I'm always trying different ways to fake tan and this is one of the best self tanners I've used. It's winter right now so I wasn't really thorough with exfoliating before applying and it turned out fine. I still have weird feet side streaks but I've never been able to get my hands and feet 100% perfect with fake tans, even when I did a real spray tan in a salon. I apply it with latex gloves and just spray some lines and rub it in. Usually like 8 hours later I will shower real fast to rinse off and apply a second layer. At first when it comes out it is really uneven on me but when I shower all the tint rinses off and I'm left with a beautiful glow. The small spray bottle (I don't know if it comes in a bigger format) was 8$CA I think and lasted me three applications (with two layers each) and the tan stayed on for a week before starting to fade nicely. When you think about it, a tanning session with cream in a bed cost around 10$ and you have to go a few times to see results so it's a really good deal plus you don't have to ruin your skin with UV rays. Finally, the smell reminds me of sunscreen which for me is nice because it takes me back to summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by missvoa

Its the best self tanner out there. I always use it and it doesn't leave streaks as much as others

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by carcas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The short version: great price, very easy to apply, even coverage, no streaks, smell isn't overwhelming/unpleasant, VERY convincing color, even fading.

Full disclosure: I never used self-tanner before this - I never needed to! Though I'm of South Asian descent, I'm fairly light in the fall/winter, but I spend ample time in the sun every summer so I end up with a deep all-over tan (yes, even with responsible sunscreen use).

This summer has been woefully beach-less for me, thus far, so I had to look into something so I could actually show my legs in public without looking like I've been spending my summer hibernating in a dark cave.

I picked up the small size of this product as an impulse buy at Sephora, and I was so impressed that I repurchased in the full size.

This product is incredibly easy to use - it's basically foolproof. It is tinted with the superficial bronzer, so it's very easy to work with. The only thing is that even though it is a spray, you *must* rub it in to get even coverage. But that's it! I usually do one generous coat all over, and then do a little more in specific areas for further definition. It dries quite fast, and I've never had a problem with it rubbing off on clothes. As for the smell, I don't find it strong or overpowering, though know that's subjective.

Now for the color: You get immediate light color, and the real color takes a couple of hours to really develop. I was pretty floored to find that the final color looks EXACTLY as if I'd actually been tanning in the sun. I mean, 100% natural.

Lastly, I've found the fading to be very subtle, no crazy patches or blotches (I always do extra exfoliating and make sure to moisturize well the night before I apply, so that may help with this).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ToxicChanel97

Now, I haven't tried a lot of self tanning products but every one I've used has literally made me orange. I picked up the sephora self tanning mist thinking it was a instant self tanner- It's definitely not. Even though it says it's tinted, I didnt see any change of color on my skin when I put it on...but after going to bed I woke up with an amazing bronzy glow. Even though it still turned out a little orangy due to my fair Irish-scottish skin It still looks amazing! I recommend this to people who have a light olive toned skin color. my friend is italian and she tried it as well and it worked much better for her. Here in canada it costs 7$ for a small bottle, which isn't the cheapest self tanner but not the most expensive. + if you're looking for a dramatic change in color rather than a glow I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by janeeugenia

It gives you a very nice actually brown color, but its kind of expansive and it has a very strong smell which isn't bad but like a concentrated floral perfume (which was too much for my nose anyway) um, also very sticky, but I am gonna give it a good rating just because you end up actually brown not orange, you go through the bottle fairly quickly, I finished it after about 2-2.5 applications, I don't know, probably wouldn't purchase it just because of price and you can get a just as good of a product in gel and bigger tube, if you have a party to attend or going out in 30 mins or so its a great spray for last minute touch up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I think this is an incredible bronzer for fair-skinned people. For me - NC27/fair to medium Caucasian - the effect is quite mild. I'll continue to use it on my pasty white legs, because it does a great job of giving them some light, even color. (I'm someone who does not like to wear shorts or bathing suits in public because my legs are so white and sometimes have psoriasis. This takes care of that issue.)

But above the waist, where I'm a few shades darker, this barely did anything. I wish Sephora would come out with a darker version. Because it does apply beautifully (I spray and blend manually) with no streakiness or orangeness. The smell isn't awful, but it exists. When I tested it in Sephora, there was a heavy perfume scent that I figured would dissipate. I was right about that, but that familiar chemical self-tanner smell materialized within six hours - not nearly as bad as most products, but still present.

The reality is, the perfect natural-looking, scent-free tanner has yet to be invented and this is definitely a good choice for lighter-skinned people.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I think this may be better for really fair skinned people? I am I guess fair but come summer I am medium. This did not make much of a difference, my BF didn't notice anything. I will try putting it on again (2 days later now) as this may be need to be gradual to get the color I want. It did give me a nice glow but it hasn't actually made me any more tanned :( The tanner is really so easy to apply - no streaks or missed spots, I think it may be impossible to screw up with this one. I was able to even spray my own back. But as I said the color matched my skin tone so I really am not sure if it would be so easy for someone with really pale skin. I will look for something with a darker result once I finish these two bottles. Also it had the same smell as most tanners.

*UPDATE* I applied a second time two days later and I noticed my leg looked more tanned. It doesn't streak which is nice and it slowly fades so it is not obvious I was using a sunless tanner. Smell comes out after a day or two but it's not as bad as some I've tried like foams.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by muslick

Ugh! I can't believe this has an 89% would buy again rating! It smells soooooo strong...I want a self tanner, not a perfume! And I thought that I liked sprays but after using this, I've decided that I hate them because 1) there is a spot where it first hits your skin so you can't not rub it in (or I guess you could start spraying into the air and then go to your skin but then hello wastage 2) the tanner chemicals - including the smell - fills up the air in the room you are spraying it in for what seems like hours 3) i'm forced to rub it in with my hands (exactly the opposite of what I want out of a spray) because it doesn't go on evenly.

I am going to continue my quest for an HG self tanner (does such a thing exist...probably not until they find a different chemical to turn you dark that doesn't stink so cosmetic companies don't have to use strong perfumes at an attempt - usually failed - to mask it. )

Only thing I will use this for from now on is to spray the back of my hands after I have washed them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by williamsonj6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (with my "collection" of tanners) a month ago, but didnt use it until last night. One word AMAZING! I have used so many tanners, I can open a self tanner store in my bathroom. This ranks right up there with St Tropez, like another review said, I think this is #1 in my self tanners, with St Tropez second. I am not a big fan of spray tans, I like a lotion or mousse, but this stuff gives off the best non orange, natural, somewhat dark, tan that we all want...but, I should not even be saying this but had to share this secret with you all. As of this posting 6-15-11, this spray tan was $12 at Sephora....it is on sale for $5!!!! I just placed an order for 10 of them, that is how much I love this!!!