December 20, 2014 | 905 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Superstay Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Horrid! The gloss clumps into balls on my lips right after I seal it with the conditioner. The conditioner itself isn't bad but it tends to fall out of the tube by itself in my bag, in my car, etc. Avoid!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by pjsandwhich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has really pretty colors but it tends to crumble off my lips making my lips appear to be peeling , if you wear this I advise you not to eat anything while wearing it for the best results :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

This is junk. Wasted money for something like paint that peels right off my lips in little balls! What the hell. I got the Toffee color and really wanted to like it.....but I'm not gonna lie on here.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by crimsonidol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It feels nice and the colors are nice, but after a bit, the color gets very uneven and it doesn't stay for long at all. Just looks pretty, that's all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for superstay powergloss 12h.
I have it in 605 satin glow. The color is really pretty, a light natural pink. I dont like the gloss-side. Its waay too sticky. Feels like i have glue on my lips. The color lasts for a decent amount of time. Not 12h! More like 2-3h. I would not purchase this in a darker color cause it wears off patchy. Im not sure if I will repurchase. Maybe if I find a good deal :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by aimeee1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a wonderful unexpected surprise!! I usually hate the lipsticks and glosses that stay on forever because they usually start feeling dry, but not this one! It comes with 2 ends. You put the color end on first and wait 2 minutes. Then you put on the color, super shiny gloss. The only one I have used is "Radiant Ruby". It is your classic red and I usually despise red on me. Granted, this is not your everyday, daily lip gloss/color to use but it is a product you would want to have in your make-up bag. It stays on forever and it doesn't come off on your glass or on someone's cheek or hand when you kiss it. I'm not sure if it is discontinued because I got mine on e-bay. I am getting ready to order another and try some other colors but I thought I would write this on here to let some others know how great this stuff works (at least for me) I really hope you have as much success as I did!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. Best stay-on formula I have ever tried. It really does stay on through eating and drinking without feeling dry, at least as long as you don't eat too much oily food.
I don't like wearing lipgloss, so the gloss end on this is awful for me, it's just too shiny and sticky. So instead I use the balm that comes with the regular Superstay lip colours. The thing is that the colour part in the lipgloss and the lip colour are pretty much the same formula, but the colour part of the lipglosses is usually a bit lighter. I like natural lip colours, so using the colour from these and the balm from the others works out great.
Before applying these, I like to put on something like Clinique's Moisture Surge, or any other hydrating gel. It works well to hydrate the lips without leaving any sticky residue. When applying, do *not* apply more than one layer of colour. Sometimes it works, but a lot of the time this will be too thick and make the lipstick cakey. Also, make sure you leave your lips open for two whole minutes so that you're sure it's dry before applying the gloss or balm. And yes, I too find them to be very hard to remove, but that's sort of the point! I think Lancome's Bi-facil does a good job of taking these off, otherwise baby oil is a good alternative. The trick is just to soak your lips in the liquid for ten seconds or so, then swipe. Then repeat this 2-3 times. By doing this, there's no need to rub.
The shade selection of these glosses is great. My favourite has to be Sparkling Sherry, which is like a MLBB with lots of shimmer. Citrus Glow is a nice warm neutral shade, Chestnut Glow is a great browny nude, Satin Glow is great for that soft pale pink nude look, and Radiant Ruby is a great classic red. I love these so much, I think I actually have all the shades, and I keep hunting for more limited editions or shades that were only released in certain countries.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mjo42

WORST GLOSS EVER!! i store my glosses laying down in a room temperature room and this one leaked everywhere!! and i always make sure to tightly screw it on every time. so maybelline, if your reading this, please fix the packaging!!

onto the product, the color side is HORRIBLE. i dont really know what color i have exactly since the print is so small but i know the number is 120. i like how it stay on forever but it seriously stays on FOREVER!! i cant get it off my lips!! it's crazy!! whenever i try to wash it off, only the inner part washes off and the outer rimm is still left. it looks like i have liplinner on and forgot to fill in the rest of my lips!!

on the other hand, the gloss is very nice. it's clear and it has the perfect consistency and ITS WASHABLE. it also stay on all day. i wish they sold just the gloss side separately

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I brought this in the shade coral 744. I was in search for a bright long lasting shade to wear, but didn't want to spend too much for it. I do like that the colour side of this gloss duo lasts! I had to literally scrub it off with my Lush lip scrub in order to get all traces of this off so that's a plus if your looking for some serious staying power. The gloss side of this, I didn't like. It was extremely sticky and my hair stuck to my lips constantly. So embarrassing! Also because of the doe-foot applicator, it was hard to get the last drops of this out of the tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Sooner_Chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this gloss at a mom and pop store |Super cheap!!|
I purchased the color Rhinestone Pink,a sparkly baby pink. Looks
beautiful in the tube. This is a liquid lipstick,not a "real" gloss.

With all liquid lipsticks,you apply the "base" coat wait for it to dry,and then apply the "gloss". The product felt dry on my lips,and sticky. I am glad I only paid a dollar for it,I will not be buying this again.