September 22, 2014 | 1019 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Full lash curler

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

Nice but nothing really special.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by LuccaL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this eyelash curler! I've used eyelash curlers forever, and never thought there was a difference between them. Luckily I went buying this a year ago of pure curiosity and it has ended up as my life saver. It never hurts to curls the lashes and you only have to squeeze it lightly for it to work (and that says a lot since my eyelashes are completely straight).

I would change two things though:
1) I find that the 'gap' to put your eyelashes in is really narrow for my long eyelashes. I would love if it was more wide.
2) The price... Its 195 Danish kroner / 36 dollars / 21,25 pounds. Extremely pricey for a little (beloved) tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

best curler i have ever used!! my eyelashes are very long, but they awkwardly look straight down. Without using mascara on my lashes I curl them with this baby and they look sexy. When i add a couple of coats of mascara on my lashes, people think i have falsies on. I have never experienced any damage to my lashes with this curler and the curls stand upright for ages.
I have used other curlers and they dont produce the same curl like this curler. It is like a magical wand to my lashes <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

This is the first eyelash curler I ever used and I'm pretty satisfied with it - easy to use, fits my eyeshape well. The rubber pad is nice and rounded on the top to protect your lashes and it gives a very natural, longlasting curl (I have moderately thick lashes). A tiny bit overpriced but I'd rather pay more than risk cutting my lashes with a poor quality curler - a shame they don't sell replacement pads. The box it comes in is a bit of a letdown though, not very practical for storage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally given in and bought a lash curler, never curled my lashes ever before, so decided to get brave and jump in. For me as a beginner, i find this works really well, my lashes are long to start with, so on curling them, they were like BOOM! Next stop, get brave and learn how to do false lashes! Definately recommend these for a beginner, as i have nothing else right now to compare them too. Only gripe i have, is the price, bit ridiculous i think, for what they are and what they do. But oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MermaidXoXo26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This a great curler. It's made well and it curls my lashes quickly. I would repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To begin with,I really had no clue that there could be such a "dramatic difference" between curlers.
I mean I never thought two simple pieces of metal with a pad, could be so different?!
I thought how could they be any different from each other...right? Wrong!
No matter what drugstore brand(Sally/Maybelline/Revlon/ELF etc's) I bought it took a long time to work and I would almost pray each use that none of my fine lashes would get pulled out(by the hard pads) or even stuck into the mushy cheaper silicone pads(that would split almost immediately like ELF's new pads!) It really was a bit scary for me every day! Lol!

But then came along MAC and with this baby......it literally only takes "2-3 quick pumps"...... and they are WAY the heck UP THERE! Really!
I have found that if you pump too hard or more than 3 times, that they will end up too curled and L shaped.
So, with just 2-3 quick light pumps and I'm done.

I know if you are reading this you are a bit unsure to invest more than a $10..00 bill on a curler. But, I promise that if you have never bought a higher ended better quality curler like this or the Shu......than you are truly missing out big time!
It doesn't pinch easily like the cheaper ones.(Well,if you know how to place a curler right)Plus it grabs a hold of even my tiniest lashes.
If you think about it the better drugstore curlers cost around five-eight bucks or and I still had to replace them constantly.
Many years ago, the first one I fell in love with the dollar ELF one. I guess because I never used one before, it was like a life changing experience. ;) Because my German/Irish heritage lashes are almost straight, very thin, very blonde and are basically invisible without mascara and black liner. I almost hated to do my mascara because it took so much time to get them up and curled with any mascara brand...I have a hubby, 2 rocking lil' boys, 2 dogs and a cat.... so that just wasn't cool. So this MAC curler amazed me and does the curl fast and wonderfully.
Again,I never knew there could be difference between curlers and I wasted too many dollar bills on crap.

Now the MAC curler only comes with 1 refill pad(do not lose it!)
The bad thing is that they do not sell any refills for it just yet!
But, I was told to just flip the worn out side over...and by golly, it works great too! Yay!
I've had it for a while now and I am still on the first side. There isn't even a demarcation on the pad yet ;)
So, I am gathering that with the flipping over and the extra pad they include...I should easily have at least another year or 2 left....give or take.
Oh and btw, I have read, many times, that he the Shiseido refill pads actually do fit in this too!
The only thing I wish is that this and the Shu curlers would have a bigger opening for the lashes to get into.
I have to be extremely careful, as my lashes are fine and blonde, and make sure that they are all in there each time. So yeah, I really dislike that factor. But, maybe that factor is what makes these 2 curlers so different and awesome.
I really do love it soooo much!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Its cheaper than the Shu and I am confident that this baby will amaze you. (UPDATE 10/1/12: The price has now increased from $16.00 to freaking $20.00 now!!!!! W the heck.... MAC!? So, heads up, the price is not that different anymore!) ;(

I just wish I would have listened to all the hype on these curlers years ago......it definitely would have saved me so much money, time, aggravation and even lashes!
But who knew? Well, I do..... now! ;) peace

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

So after having the Shu for a while and not being able to buy another one (they don't sell them anymore) and trying out the Tarte eyelash curler that broke on me within a month of using I wanted a good eyelash curler. I bought the MAC eyelash curler which is really good. It curls my lashes fast, I don't have to press and press on my lashes like the Maybelline I had. It curls easily without pressing too hard and without the need of a blow dryer. The mouth of the curler does take some getting used to, its small but now I'm used to it. I'm surprized this isn't that popular like the sheseido, its actually a really good curler!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This eyelash curlers beats all the other eyelash curlers I've tried by a landslide.
I have short, thick, straight eyelashes that make mascaras useless unless I use an eyelash curler--this one does the trick perfectly.
I can easily curl my lashes without pulling any of them out. All I do is position it at the roots of my eyelashes, hold it there for 5-7 seconds, and voila! Curled eyelashes!
And I don't even need to heat up this curler under a hair blow drier or anything; my curl stays put pretty much all day with a waterproof mascara (I use the Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara).
The only reason why this isn't my HG and I'm not giving it a full 5 lipstick rating is because the shape is just plain wrong for my eyes. It's way too curved for me to be able to curl all my lashes at once with it. And, because of the curved shape, I can't even curl my inner and outer eyelashes.
I should also mention that I have heavy, almost-creaseless Asian eyelids, so maybe that explains all that weird eye shape/curved curler shit.
But other than that, I really like this eyelash curler! It's the only one that really works for me!
Would I repurchase? Yeah!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

to me eyelash curlers either do the job or they don't.

this one doesn't. it only reaches around 60% of my lashes and even those don't really curl.

I'm not going to give it a bad review because my lashes are pretty droopy (straight and downwards) and because I have really soft hair the curl just goes back to normal within seconds.

if you are like me and need something more heavy duty then this is not it. kindda disappointing for the price, I had a drug store pair worth $2 that did a better job!