October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Mauvement

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by hestels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shade of color is my favorite for everyday eyeshadow. So I was hoping that this would be a high quality product that I could use every day. However, I am just not that into it.

I find the pigmentation disappointing which is strange because all of my other MAC pigments do great. Plus the fallout is just annoying though I have yet to use this wet like the other reviews suggested.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite eyeshadow!! Love love LOVE it!!! I love it extra when its wet :)
HATE THAT IT'S EXPIRED :'( :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have yet to find a pigment I don't like and this one is no exception, especially when used with dark soul, this piggie is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As many other reviewers have noted (in this pigment review and others), pigments can seem like more trouble than they are worth, what with the very high likelihood of fallout, the fact that using them wet is sometimes at least a good idea if not downright required but....

When I first got Mauvement, I was sort of lukewarm about it. I only have 5 or 6 pigments which I got because the colours were simply irresistible in spite of the extra effort and care needed for them. But Mauvement seemed so much lighter and more "blah" than its name and how it looks in the jar would suggest and the first time I used it, it was, as I say, just sort of "blah" - not mauve, not intense...just sort of sheer and glittery. THEN I tried it wet (spraying my Sonia Kashuk flat eyeshadow brush with The Body Shop's Vitamin E spray) and WOW....it is a gorgeous, hard to define shade because it seems to change with the light, with what I'm wearing and with how the light hits it. My best description would be a slightly lilac-toned silvery grey (along the lines of Smoke&Diamonds but with a light lilac or violet tinge). And the previous reviewer (speedyjp) was also correct in saying it looks a lot like Satin Taupe - but still "different". It is so pretty and it is quite wearable for daytime. If you are a fan of pigments or just want to give one a try, this is a great one to start with because it can be so subtle or made to look more intense by pairing with darker shadows to contour. Really gorgeous colour!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

Really pretty taupey-mauve, call me crazy but this really reminds me of Satin Taupe. I still haven't quite got the hang of MAC's pigments when dry (I currently own Rose and Mauvement); I end up with too much fall out. But used when wet, like most other reviewers have indicated, it yields a beautiful silvery-mauve colour. I find that the packaging is a bit frustrating; every time I open it up product spills out.

I don't wear it often because I find sometimes the pigments are more trouble than what they're worth. It takes me a bit longer to use pigments when putting on my makeup in the morning, and I don't have much time in the mornings. But I'm still happy that I purchased this colour. If I ever run out (which isn't likely to happen!), I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by bunnie12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite MAC pigment.and i love them all!this color is a light brown almost coppery shimmer.i wish it wasnt limitededition bc i never want to run out of this pigment everrrr its so beautiful and works well with prolly any eye color.you could create lots of looks with this too. if you dont own this pigment and are even thinking about it, its def 100% a must have you will LOVE it! i know i do <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The MAC pigments I own are Old Gold, Museum Bronze, Chocolate, Gold Mode, Gold Stroke and Mauvement. Gold Stroke and Mauvement are my faves.

MAC describes Mauvement as a "Cool taupe with gold pearl". On me it has cool undertones and is flecked with mauve, gold and silver. Almost any lipstick goes with this - my warmed up pinks, my hot pinks, my cool pink/purples, bright lipsticks. Even nudes if black eyeshadow is added to make for smoky eyes.

I don't think I will need to repurchase as it will take me forever to use it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product itself is perfect. seriously, perfection. colour is stunning. what i have a problem with is the downsized pigment jar (grrr mac), which seems to be more flimsy and unstable than the previous jar. sigh.

oh well, perfect eyeshadow!

i do love my shimmery e/s though, so warning to those of you who don't: this is quite shimmery.

i really wish it wasn't LE!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by painterlyrose

Beautiful colour but it is Incredibly chunky and there is tons of fallout. Takes a bit of patting to smooth the colour over evenly the lid because of the chunkiness.

You need a sticky base and careful patting motion. The fallout is what really bothers me because there's soo much.

Only two lippies for pigmentation and quantity (it'll last forever, new or old container).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by lunamaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC pigment, it is quite a chunky glittery one. The color is a flattering light golden brown, I can't see any "mauve" in it (although the name made me purchase it). You will have fall-out, no matter how you apply it, so for me it's not a color I will wear everyday. Over a good base you can apply it dry and it will look gorgeous! I got a few compliments for my eye make-up when I wore this. I like to wear it with golds, or dark brown in the crease and also with purples like trax or satellite dreams in the crease. I think it's very versatile and adds a nice glittery touch to many colors!