September 2, 2014 | 954 users online

Lip Gloss - Alba Botanica - Terra Gloss Shimmering Natural Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is very affordable for the amount that you get and for the quality of the ingredients. I'm not thrilled with the vanilla flavoring....I typically like vanilla, but this particular vanilla doesn't do it for me. It's not a sticky gloss and it provides a nice, sheer wash of neutral pink color.

It's not that perfect baby pink shade I've been hoping for, but it's just enough color to liven up my face without being too much. Great every day color. This is in regards to the Bloom shade.

Blaze is a very sheer natural berry red shade. It looks incredibly natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Blaze. Around $5 from whole foods. Love the color, a natural reddish that has nice staying power. Slightly sweet taste, not too glossy, good for every day. I like a clean, bare face with red lips for every day- this is my favorite keep-in-my-pocket or bag gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

I have this gloss in blaze. The color looks very pretty in the tube as well as on the lips. On me, this color is a shimmery sheer red. I normally don't like red lips because their loud and I can never find the perfect shade. But, this red is so nice and sheer, I can wear this and feel comfortable. The texture is nice and soothing-not that typical sticky gloss feel. Surprisingly, this gloss stayed on through a meal. Eventually, the glossiness will fade before the color. This also has a subtle scent. The downside of this product is the color selection. I think I only recall two other shades! I am interested in trying out those shades as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Blaze for $6 at Akins, a natural food store.

Pros: The formula is not sticky or gritty. It's nice and silky with a pretty, natural gloss. I like the color a lot. If I use a little, it's a great MLBB look and if I use a lot, it's a glossy reddish brown shade. I was happy to see that this gloss is no more expensive than mainstream drugstore lip gloss, even though it's a natural product and cruelty-free.

Cons: I think this smells more like Playdough than vanilla. Also, I've noticed a little separation of the color from the oil when I put it on after not using it for a while.

While not perfect, I like this gloss enough to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jules_23

This is a really nice lip gloss. I have it in Blaze, a bright pinky-red. It's really bright if I put on heaps, but more subtle if I put on a more sheer layer. It has a yummy vanilla taste and scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by elf_107

I've tried the Terra Gloss in many shades now. My favourite shade is Bloom, which looks fairly natural on me. It's a semi-sheer glossy earthy pink neutral. This gloss has has an ingredient list that looks more on the 'natural' side and does not contain parabens. It has a strong sweet cake-batter vanilla smell and actually also tastes slightly sweet. The sweetness is nice, although I prefer my gloss to be more subtle in the smell department.

It has a completely unsticky texture that is quite slippy and somewhat runny. It has quite a pleasant texture on the lips and has pretty good spread. I like the lack of stickiness, but that also means it hasn't got tons of lasting power and goes on a bit thin. Because of this I have to reapply more frequently. Attempting to apply it more thickly can result in sort of runny looking lips which I don't like. I find application tricky because it's runny enough that it's hard to control how much comes out of the flat plastic slant-tip applicator. Normally I really like slant-tip applicators for easy mirror-free application, but because it's so runny and the tip is flat plastic (and not the fluffy stuff) I find this one difficult to control.

The other thing I don't love is that the gloss tends to want to separate inside the tube. It may even look slightly separated in the tube when you buy it... I think this may be somewhat normal for this formulation, but it always makes me wonder if it's gone bad or something.

What what would make it better for me is if it had a fluffy applicator (either doe foot or slant tip) so it could grab the formula a bit more and keep it from running, and if the texture was a bit thicker. That would make it a lot easier to use.

Overall I would recommend this gloss mainly if you are looking for more of a 'natural' type product. It is definitely usable and I like that it is not sticky. I like it better than many crappy drugstore glosses I have tried over the years. In terms of performance, however, I have tried some other high end glosses which I felt gave a better result and were easier to use, so I think I will stick with those for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by samanthaapril

I bought this in the Garnet colour, which looks like a deep neutral plum in the tube, but goes on very sheer. I was hoping for a bit more colour on the lips, but the texture is great, very smooth and not sticky. This colour does not have any shimmer or sparkle in it which is great for a natural-but-better look, and I would buy this again. I also like that Alba doesn't test on animals or use animal-based ingredients. If they could come out with some additional, more highly pigmented colours, that would be fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by smallscreenqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm undergoing an organic revamp and needed a new lip product, so I bought this gloss in "Blaze" yesterday @ CVS for $4. The texture is nice enough (very smooth and moisture-rich) and the smell is okay, but I'm sorta disappointed with the lasting power and uneven application of the product. I've had to reapply it 2x in the past hour and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that my bottom lip was coated more thickly than my top. I pressed and rubbed my lips together many times before an even application was noticed. Anyhoo, for only $4 I'm not crying, but will I buy again? Hmmm. I'll continue using it for the rest of the week and let ya know!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by MissTati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in KONA after seeing it for the first time at a local health food store. And I love it!! The texture is slightly thick and smooth, similar to pure castor oil. I don't find it runny at all. When it comes out of the tube it is quite chocolatey coloured, but after you spread it over your lips it leaves a sheer brownish gloss, with a light vanilla scent that isn't too powerful. I really like that it has natural ingredients since I wear gloss all the time and know I end up ingesting most of it. I have naturally pigmented lips so I don't wear anything too pink or red...I actually have used a brown liner with clear gloss for years and this is a perfect replacement. It probably wouldn't look good on someone with pale or too light of a complexion, but I'm a light to medium, earthy olive so it suits me. I am going to stock up on this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was a little unsure how the Kona brown color would work on me, but so far, so good. The darkish brown color, which looks like one has been gobbling brownie batter when first applied, after it settles in deepens the natural tone of my lips while adding a little metallic shimmer. It looked a little unfinished around the edges, so I first lightly lined the lips with a neutral lip pencil (Jordana #39 Toast). That made it look polished and perfect. It's 95 degrees today and this looks great with my tanned olive skin, it gives me sort of an "island girl" look. It looks natural with tanned skin in a way that a reddish-tinted lipcolor would not. (It definitely wouldn't work on its own in winter, though, with pale skin.) I already own the clear version of this lipgloss, so I knew it was moisturizing and [reasonably] long-lasting. The fact that it contains natural ingredients is also a plus for me. The vanillaish scent is also nice. Sort of works with the whole brownie batter thing!
NOTE: another good use I found for this is if you would like to darken or cool down the tone of an existing lipcolor, this is good for layering.