December 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Spill

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

All that shows up on your face is glitter and it looks so unnatural. I do not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

I love it. It can be used for highlighter, if you rubb it in a bit more and use a non-kabuki brush, it can be a bronzer. It's an almost natural glow, it doesn't make it your skin look as if it's been sprayed with a fake tan lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

gorgeous color on my NC20-25 skintone! I prefer to use this to contour my cheekbones. Goes well with my NARS Orgasm blush or MAC Dollymix blush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by CallistoLuna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not a great MSF for use on the face - the texture of this MSF is not as refined as others. The larger chunks of glitter in it can stand out quite noticably on the face.
I've had this MSF for a while and it's taken me quite some time to figure out a use for it - I find this MSF serves wonderfully as a body powder (especially effective on bare arms and legs).
The colour is a soft golden bronze once applied, but since I use it only as a light buffing it gives my very pale skin a hint of colour and a bit of a glow which can work wonders with an evening dress.
Despite finding a different use for this MSF, I would not repurchase as there are other MSFs that have been released with similar colour but better textures (I'm sure they'd work just as well if not better than Gold Spill).
The packaging is typical for MAC MSF's - black sturdy casing with a transparent dome through which the product is clearly visible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by svetlana89

This was my least favorite gold/bronze msf. It's gritty compared to the other msfs like shooting star or global glow that work so much better as a bronzer. This one was less pigmented and left lots of glitter chunck/particles, not the sort of shimmer I'm looking for. Would probably work best for lighter skin tones, I'm NC30/35 and it was too light to be used as a bronzer on me, more of a gold highlight with glitter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by natuerlich0207maria

This MSF gives me the perfect bronzy glow ever. It's like my skin was sunkissed all day long. It's such a lovely color even for my light fair NW15 skin. Very flattering.
The problem: It's pretty chunky glitter. But when you tap off the glitter from the brush it's amazing. It didn't show up on the face you can only see the lovely golden glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by shoppingaffair

This is from the Flashtronic collection and it gives me a light gold-bronze glow (despite being heavy-handed and having numerous brown veinings). Also, its swatch looks similar to that of Trace Gold blush which is just slightly more pigmented IMO.
I feel that this texture just isn't as smooth as the more recent collections because of the glitter and a light tap of the brush seems to upset the powder.
I'll probably keep it though since it looks pretty

EDIT: I used another brush and now it looks more like a highlighter on me despite applying several layers. I'm NC/NW15-20 btw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

gold spill was my very first msf =] I got it from my good friend for a decent price. It was before I discovered MUA and could research, I just thought it was gorgeouss and bought it, and boy im soo glad I did!!

color:
soo pretty! its a cream color mixed with tan/brown and peach veining. and the sparkles are a little tan color. its actually perrrfect for a bronzer! its the first product I can use for a bronzer without the ruddiness and orange other products have. when I want a "jlo glow" this is what I grab, it never fails =] its also great as a highlighter, its so universal, I get a lot of uses out of this. im sure there is no dupe for this, and no other msf compares.

formula:
its a little chalky [doesn't bother me] has a lot of sparkles. but every msf is diff, you could get one with barely any. its very easy to apply.

overall:
this msf brought me into my obsession with mineralized products, and now im officially an msf whore! thanks mac =]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Tiggerbear

Gold Spill is my first mineralize skinfinish and I love it. It gives a beautiful sheer glow on my cheekbones. I don't see any glitter on me when wearing it. After I wash my makeup off, there is a bit of glitter left on the skin but I don't mind as they eventually fall off. Now I am hooked on MsF and can't wait to try a different one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by juicycouturee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i dont know how people can hate this! its so pretty and it gives a luminous glow, i used it as a blush all summer long last year..i loved it and it lasts forever!!! i already bought another one just incase