September 18, 2014 | 1783 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Satin Matte Eyeshadow in Bramble

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I'm not going to lie, I was expecting this color to blow me out of the water. I wanted this shade more than any other Alima color and couldn't wait to receive it in the mail. Unfortunately, this does not come off cool enough on me and I can't figure out why. It's also extremely pale (even when applied wet) which means its either an all over lid color or a crease color (I was expecting a great liner color). In addition, I was getting more of a warm brown color than a taupey/lilac. It's a decent basic color, probably best on the palest of skin tones. I adore all of Alima shadows but I guess I was expecting a bit more than I got with this one. Oh well, I'll wear it often regardless and it's great for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, subtle eyeshadow, perfect with my cool skin and blue/green eyes. I like it with Alima's Soiree eye liner and dark brown mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bramble is soft and subtle, but lilac is not exactly right--I'd say it's a light, cool-neutral taupe with faint mauve undertones. I don't own anything like Bramble, as I tend to avoid brown-based eyeshadow, but I like this fair enough with my blue-green-grey eyes and pink porcelain (Alima Cool 1-2) skin. I could see makeup artists using this color in costume dramas, lending that vulnerable, haunted, "bruised" look to the actress. Bramble meets Helena Bonham-Carter in "Wings of the Dove." I often wear Bramble with Ballerina (shimmering pale pink) or Ash (dusty cream). It also makes a pretty decent eyebrow filler if I lightly dampen my brow brush.

This shadow stays on fairly well without primer, just like my mineral foundation does, but my eyelids are not as oily as they once were. No creasing. I love the finish; it's looks as though I am not wearing any eye makeup at all, so Bramble is a perfect color for bright light/full sun or when I want to fly under the radar at work. The finish is satin matte.

I also want to say a word about the packaging. I really dislike loose pigment, but the Alima jars are solid and well made. The lid is perfectly threaded with no difficult maneuvering, and the sifter insert dispenses the perfect amount after three good thwacks against the inner part of my thumb. I said I would buy again, but I doubt I would need to as a little goes a very long way, and you get a huge amount for $11.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by starlight256

got a sample of this with my last order. alima's website describes it as "light taupe with a hint of lilac", i'd describe it as a soft, heathery light brown. goes well with my coloring (hazel eyes, fair (alima c-2) skin). like all alima e/s i've tried, it is easy to apply and has great staying power. will definitely purchase once sample's gone.