Lancome Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

3.5

on 7/28/2015 2:53:00 AM

Last summer I had eyelash extensions before the holiday and I was amazed how much long, curly eyelashes can make you look and feel beautiful even without a trace of makeup.

I have naturally short and straight eyelashes and I have tried and used many high-end mascaras, and while some of them were really good, this one is the only one that actually makes my eyelashes look like when I had extensions on - long for days and amazingly curled. It doesn't clump at all, so while giving this dramatic effect, it stays polished and is definitely not "too much".

I applied it in the morning and after a long, busy day on 40 C degrees that ended with a sweaty ballet class, when I was taking off my makeup around midnight I was amazed - it looked exactly the same as after the application. No other mascara was able to hold my curl for that long. None. Never.

This works amazingly. It is better then Chanel and better then any other mascara I have tried. Just ... WOW.

I bought it by chance at the airport only because it was on a promotion. That was pure luck. I might have found my perfect match mascara.

on 9/4/2014 10:02:00 AM

amazing mascara, does not smudge, curls and thickens lashes perfectly. expensive but worth it!! so much better than lancome's hypnose star which is too wet, clumpy and prone to smudging!

on 9/11/2013 11:03:00 AM

curls my lashes but they do go straight after a few hours.
It also thickens my lashes which is good! :)

on 4/2/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is my HG everyday mascara. It curves my lashes, coating them enough to add length and volume, but never clumping. The result is not dramatic, but very becoming on me.

on 3/17/2013 8:34:00 AM

I have tried a lot of mascaras, and this is by far the best one ever! I'm half Chinese, so my lashes are already long & dark, but they point downwards & are straight as anything. I usually curl them once & apply a coat of this mascara at the start of applying my make-up, then at the end apply another coat, leave to dry & then curl again and it's a winner! Beautifully long lush lashes that point skyward, and stay like that all day, haven't been able to achieve this with any other mascara. It doesn't stick to my curler, doesn't smudge at all during the day, and doesn't flake either. The only downside is that it's over $50 here in Australia, so I stock up in duty free whenever I go overseas! Apart from that, absolute HG of mascaras!

on 7/26/2012 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's not work on my lashes, I don't think it can hold curl for asian eyelash. But the best thing is Lancome mascara don't clumps easily, and its very light not even add much volume and length for lashes. I like lancome L'EXTRÊME more than Virtuose, because it can hold curl. :)

on 7/23/2012 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara, it's my absolute favourite. It separates the lashes, gives them great volume and fans them out so beautifully! I think it gets better with usage as it can be a bit too wet in the beginning but as soon as it gets a little drier it's absolutely perfect. Definitly worth buying!

on 4/30/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Mascara was okay for giving slight body and curl to my pin straight lashes and I mean only slight curl but it flaked immediately so it will have to go back. For this price that was inexcusable in this day and age in a mascara when I can pay 10 dollars for something that will flake and hard to believe since this mascara was rather hard to remove from my lashes. Now perhaps I got a dried out tube but I doubt it since I ordered directly from Lancome. I'm moving on. I KNOW I can find better @ the ds or he.

on 4/1/2012 12:02:00 PM

At first i really liked the mascara, the wand is great it made my lashes really curly but quickly the formula in the mascara became dry i was disappointed that i couldnt use it as long as i wanted.

on 10/13/2011 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wasn't impressed by this mascara unfortunately, it flaked and gave me panda eyes. I didn't hold the curl as well as I had hoped (definitely better than average but not the best I tried, let's say it stopped my lashes from going back downwards but didn't keep them up either, they were sort of horizontal with little curve).
It does give a pretty volume and it's nice and dark. This may work for some.