October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Night Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't have enough cash for my regular mid-end moisturizer, and since I had 20% and ExtraBucks at CVS, I decided to go with this moisturizer.

It's really thick and feels really good as a night cream. It has really good slip and I don't need a lot to cover my face. This sinks in really quickly, so I'm not left with a puddle of moisturizer on my face for five minutes. I find that when I just lightly rub it in, I don't get much moisture, but when I really massage it in, I get really nice moisture.

There are some things I don't like about this moisturizer, though. The scent is STRONG. My boyfriend kissed me ten minutes after I applied it and he was taken aback from the scent. It doesn't give me a headache or a skin reaction, though. Another thing I don't like about this is that if I apply this after my face has dried completely after washing, it doesn't sink into the skin as nice. You really have to moisturizer the second after you towel dry your face.

However, I think this is comparable to the mid-end moisturizer I use. When I am strapped for cash, I would definitely pick this up or try other moisturizers from Burt's Bees.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PMAR

I use this a lot throughout winter because my face gets super dry. It keeps my face hydrated and moisturized. I love this. I even enjoy the scent, but my fiancé doesn't enjoy it.

This is a great nighttime moisturizer -- I don't use this during summer. I feel
It's too heavy for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This product texture slightly reminds me of seaweed- theres a sliminess about it hovering in the background. It has a mild fragrance of citrus-ey honey. I was keen for it to make me radiant, but it only made me shiny. It seemed to sit on top of my skin and it felt greasy. It was not very compatible with my Nars foundation.
In horror at the fish and chips greasy film, I gave it to my husband to use on his Klingon warlord wrinkles. He has drier skin. But when I stroked his forehead I found that the product sat on top and does not sink in. Just as well I could turn off the lights and ignore poor hubby with his greasy forehead for 8 hours.

Not recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bit pricy, but i guess that's the trade off if you want a natural product with no parabens, harmful sulfates, etc. I like the smell of it and it does moisturize well, it contains royal jelly. However I think it's too pricy, about $17 for one jar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been loving this night cream recently. I've been using the Radiance cleanser from the same line for a long time and it is my absolute HG, and I was searching for a new night cream and thought I might give this one a whirl since I like the cleanser so much. I was actually a little hesitant at first since some of the ingredients sounded a little… dubious to me. Not scary-sounding, just pore-cloggy, like why does tapioca need to be in a skin cream? So I was worried. But thankfully, my fears were unfounded, and this cream has been a lifesaver for my skin this winter.

I have very dry, sensitive, thin skin that is also clog-prone and sometimes breaks out in inflamed pimples. Not to mention I live in soCal which is having one of the driest winters we have every had. (Not that I'm complaining, it could be sub-arctic instead and then I'm sure my skin would cry for mercy) - BUT I have found that skincare with enough moisture solves the dryness issue for me and for some reason, also clears my breakouts. I have weird skin. Anyway, I've been using this at night for a few weeks and my skin has significantly improved since then. I also sometimes use this during the day and I swear, I can literally feel it quench my skin's thirst sometimes. I also a face oil by Fresh that I apply before this, but this cream seems to "seal" in those ingredients.

It does smell weird, and it does come in a jar, so if those things bother you, I'd skip this one. But those aren't things that really bother me so this cream is just about perfect for me. And no clogged pores so far, yay! (YMMV, as always)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Excellent. Skin so soft, 'boing-y', smooth. Like never before. In the morning I mean. I spritz rosewater before applying, after my usual glycolic acid toner. This night cream needs v little and it soaks in whilst leaving a slight coating. This is the best night cream I've ever tried. The balling up that some have mentioned, I do not experience, perhaps because I apply on damp skin and am careful not to overdo it. It seems they may have changed the formula slightly, as some people are describing a pearlescent sheen from the tapioca or mica, whereas my jar contains neither. The moisturizing benefits are so amazing. I have a heater in my room and no cream was cutting it. This one is the only one that left my skin just as smooth and moisturized in the morning as it was right after I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sammiex3

I am really enjoying this night cream. While the scent is a bit strong, the cream itself is the perfect consistency: rich without feeling oily or too heavy on the skin. I love massaging this into my face and neck at night, as I wake up to gorgeous looking skin even after I wash off the residue. I can definitely say this has approved the overall appearance and texture of my skin. Usually, I have a hard time with night creams because they sting around my nose and sometimes around my eyes (not sure if it's the fragrance in them?) but I don't have any problems with this. A little pricy but maybe I only feel that way because I'm buying it from the drugstore. If I were to see this in a department store, I would think nothing of it; while the price is unusual for a drugstore product, it is absolutely worth it. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MeghanSimon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love. I have dry skin and I can't imagine NOT using this every night. I really don't see why people are so put off by the scent, I find it to be very delicate. It is a bit expensive but I'd rather pay a little more for a natural product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*Updated:*

Doesn't really seem to do much after a while, just smells nice. Not really getting the same "radiance" in my skin as before.

Wish the packaging was more hygienic also.

I am just going to use this up as a leg moisturiser and not bother with any more Burts Bees products. I like that they don't test on animals, but, skincare should be more than just a nice fragrance so obviously this wasn't impressive (and fragrances can be bad for your skin as well).

____________________________________________________________
Old:
After a week, I really like this. It hydrates my dry skin, and seems to smell a little like apricots (although not listed on the ingredients)?

First Burt's Bees product I am trying, and so far have been impressed. It sinks into my skin easily, so I think if you aren't experiencing that then your skin probably isn't dry enough to need it. It is creamy, but doesn't feel too thick or heavy.

Will update after using for longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by AngrySeaGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is my first 'night cream' and the first night I put it on I felt like my grandmother. But this - in combination with BB's deep cleansing scrub twice a day - has helped my face. It is very soothing after the scrub, and I can feel my face calming down when I put it on. I love the smell, which is floral and slightly waxy (and maybe a bit grandmotherly).
As far as the feel goes there is no two ways around it - this cream is greasy! The first week or so I had a few small breakouts on my face that I attribute to the product. As someone with moderately oily skin I've found I can still get great use out of this product as long as I use it quite sparingly. It is easily spread though, so a few dabs in strategic spots will cover my whole face. I put it on thick enough that I can feel resting against my skin, but still a very thin coat. it does seem to absorb quickly, as long as I use restraint applying it, I would say I give it 5-10 minutes of drying time before I pop on my sleep mask.

While using this cream my pores appear smaller, my skin tone is more even, and I would even say I see a little of the 'radiance' in my skin now. I think this is a good product for the money as long as you follow one rule - less is more!