July 29, 2014 | 1587 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Night Creme

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This product texture slightly reminds me of seaweed- theres a sliminess about it hovering in the background. It has a mild fragrance of citrus-ey honey. I was keen for it to make me radiant, but instead it made me shiny-ant. It seemed to sit on top of my skin and it felt greasy. It was not very compatible with my foundation.
In horror at the fish in chip greasy film, I gave it to my husband to use on his Klingon warlord wrinkles. He has drier skin. But when I stroked his forehead I found that the product sat on top and does not sink in. Just as well I could turn off the lights and ignore poor hubby with his greasy forehead for 8 hours.

Not recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bit pricy, but i guess that's the trade off if you want a natural product with no parabens, harmful sulfates, etc. I like the smell of it and it does moisturize well, it contains royal jelly. However I think it's too pricy, about $17 for one jar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been loving this night cream recently. I've been using the Radiance cleanser from the same line for a long time and it is my absolute HG, and I was searching for a new night cream and thought I might give this one a whirl since I like the cleanser so much. I was actually a little hesitant at first since some of the ingredients sounded a littleā€¦ dubious to me. Not scary-sounding, just pore-cloggy, like why does tapioca need to be in a skin cream? So I was worried. But thankfully, my fears were unfounded, and this cream has been a lifesaver for my skin this winter.

I have very dry, sensitive, thin skin that is also clog-prone and sometimes breaks out in inflamed pimples. Not to mention I live in soCal which is having one of the driest winters we have every had. (Not that I'm complaining, it could be sub-arctic instead and then I'm sure my skin would cry for mercy) - BUT I have found that skincare with enough moisture solves the dryness issue for me and for some reason, also clears my breakouts. I have weird skin. Anyway, I've been using this at night for a few weeks and my skin has significantly improved since then. I also sometimes use this during the day and I swear, I can literally feel it quench my skin's thirst sometimes. I also a face oil by Fresh that I apply before this, but this cream seems to "seal" in those ingredients.

It does smell weird, and it does come in a jar, so if those things bother you, I'd skip this one. But those aren't things that really bother me so this cream is just about perfect for me. And no clogged pores so far, yay! (YMMV, as always)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Excellent. Skin so soft, 'boing-y', smooth. Like never before. In the morning I mean. I spritz rosewater before applying, after my usual glycolic acid toner. This night cream needs v little and it soaks in whilst leaving a slight coating. This is the best night cream I've ever tried. The balling up that some have mentioned, I do not experience, perhaps because I apply on damp skin and am careful not to overdo it. It seems they may have changed the formula slightly, as some people are describing a pearlescent sheen from the tapioca or mica, whereas my jar contains neither. The moisturizing benefits are so amazing. I have a heater in my room and no cream was cutting it. This one is the only one that left my skin just as smooth and moisturized in the morning as it was right after I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sammiex3

I am really enjoying this night cream. While the scent is a bit strong, the cream itself is the perfect consistency: rich without feeling oily or too heavy on the skin. I love massaging this into my face and neck at night, as I wake up to gorgeous looking skin even after I wash off the residue. I can definitely say this has approved the overall appearance and texture of my skin. Usually, I have a hard time with night creams because they sting around my nose and sometimes around my eyes (not sure if it's the fragrance in them?) but I don't have any problems with this. A little pricy but maybe I only feel that way because I'm buying it from the drugstore. If I were to see this in a department store, I would think nothing of it; while the price is unusual for a drugstore product, it is absolutely worth it. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MeghanSimon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love. I have dry skin and I can't imagine NOT using this every night. I really don't see why people are so put off by the scent, I find it to be very delicate. It is a bit expensive but I'd rather pay a little more for a natural product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*Updated:*

Doesn't really seem to do much after a while, just smells nice. Not really getting the same "radiance" in my skin as before.

Wish the packaging was more hygienic also.

I am just going to use this up as a leg moisturiser and not bother with any more Burts Bees products. I like that they don't test on animals, but, skincare should be more than just a nice fragrance so obviously this wasn't impressive (and fragrances can be bad for your skin as well).

____________________________________________________________
Old:
After a week, I really like this. It hydrates my dry skin, and seems to smell a little like apricots (although not listed on the ingredients)?

First Burt's Bees product I am trying, and so far have been impressed. It sinks into my skin easily, so I think if you aren't experiencing that then your skin probably isn't dry enough to need it. It is creamy, but doesn't feel too thick or heavy.

Will update after using for longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by AngrySeaGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is my first 'night cream' and the first night I put it on I felt like my grandmother. But this - in combination with BB's deep cleansing scrub twice a day - has helped my face. It is very soothing after the scrub, and I can feel my face calming down when I put it on. I love the smell, which is floral and slightly waxy (and maybe a bit grandmotherly).
As far as the feel goes there is no two ways around it - this cream is greasy! The first week or so I had a few small breakouts on my face that I attribute to the product. As someone with moderately oily skin I've found I can still get great use out of this product as long as I use it quite sparingly. It is easily spread though, so a few dabs in strategic spots will cover my whole face. I put it on thick enough that I can feel resting against my skin, but still a very thin coat. it does seem to absorb quickly, as long as I use restraint applying it, I would say I give it 5-10 minutes of drying time before I pop on my sleep mask.

While using this cream my pores appear smaller, my skin tone is more even, and I would even say I see a little of the 'radiance' in my skin now. I think this is a good product for the money as long as you follow one rule - less is more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I never got to try the original formula (white pearly cream) before it was changed to a light yellow. Evidently there was an ingredient or something that wasn't considered as good for your skin or natural. This goes on like butter and melts into your skin instantly. If you have dry to very dry skin then you will notice a difference. I don't know why I stopped using it for awhile, but it makes my skin so soft and hydrated all night. I think it does everything it promises to enhance your complexion. It's really not pricey considering what it is and that there are much more expensive creams that do very little. The scent might offend some, but that's what you get with natural products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm pretty happy with this night cream- its nothing particularly special but it gets the job done well. I bought it about a year ago but didn't really touch it until recently and I believe I got it for $17 which is much better than my old night cream which was $42 for the same amount. I do like that it is the only natural moisturizer that actually sinks into my skin as opposed to just sitting on my face and eventually peeling off. I was actually shocked when I saw reviews saying that this is thick cream cause let me tell you, I have tried more creams than I can count on my hands and toes and this is probably one of the thinnest. I have dry, dehydrated skin and I find that is perfectly moisturizing during the spring months but maybe not enough for winter. I probably would buy this again since it seems to do a solid job but it might not be the first one I grab. Would recommend.