July 31, 2014 | 1006 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Definity Pore Redefining Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite, it doesn't lather like I would like and also I do not like the excoriating beads really.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice scrub, it left my skin feeling soft and luminous and it rinsed well and left no residue. I would have bought it again but I just found out Olay Definity is discontinuing, some products will be merged with Olay Total Effects and some are discontinued. This scrub will be discontinued and they say to try in its place to use the Refreshing Citrus scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok product if it wasn't so highly perfumed. There is no need for fragrance like that in something you put on your face, so that's definitely put me off. I'll use it up but I won't repurchase.Surprisingly enough this is a top pick of Paula begoun. Can't understand that one as she's the one that says fragrance isn't skin care so why recommmend this?Slipped up there Paula. Ok so it's a rinse off product but I wouldn't put this(or any scrub) near my eyes.It wil last a long time as you only need small amount so it dosen't work out too expensive. And as far as being a scrub goes, it's more like a grainy face wash.It must haves some sort of dye or colouring in it too as it looks a pale purple shade to me. Not what I would recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product because I have large black heads on my nose and visible pores on my cheeks. This scrub has not helped me get rid of my blackheads or visibly reduce the size of my pores. It does clean well and my face does not feel tight or oily afterwards but since it does not do what it states, for me personally, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First I would like to say that I put I would not repurchase, but that's because because I don't use it often, it'll take forever to run out. By then, I might have found something else that works better.
I picked this up at Target ($8.99USD) because my mom thought this would be a good face wash for me. After reading the reviews that it was okay for daily use, I decided to go ahead & get it. Like others have mentioned, there is slight scrubbing action, but for the most part, it doesn't exfoliate, so pass this up if you're looking for an exfoliating scrub. That being said, it's too harsh for me to use every day (my skin is left soft when rinsing off, buy give it five minutes after I dry my face & my skin becomes tight dry feeling & I experience tingling sometimes), twice a day (which surprises me, because I have non sensitive, combo/oily skin), so I only use it when I'm using a honey mask (my face burned when I did my normal nighttime routine when I used toner) or when I wear face makeup (ie powder). It has salicylic acid listed in ingredients, which is probably why it does a good job of helping to clear my acne (although it leaves them red in the process). I don't have pore problems (ie noticeable pores), so I can't comment on that. My face seems brighter, but I'm not impressed because the honey mask does a great job of making my face brighter & softer. Overall, I would recommend this product :)
Sidenote, the fragrance is VERY strong, but I don't breathe through my nose when I'm using it, so I barely notice it. I personally like it, but if you're not a fan, pass it up. Also, the twist cap is entertaining (a selling point to me), but not the best in practice.

Upping this to a five & will repurchase.
I've been using this in the shower (so almost every night) and it has really helped my acne. I now have minimal acne (I had mild-moderate acne) & it's amazing. Another thing is instead of swollen papules(? acne terminology?), they're just [kind of] red pimples. It actually blends in with my acne scars. I mean, they're still swollen, but it looks 10 times better (not that my face was awful before). Basically I'm saying this helps acne. Also, I now avoid using this around my eyelids since it can be too harash in that area.
My regimine, if you're wondering: Neutrogena Transparent Face Bar in the morning & I follow up with Clean & Clear Pre Perfecting SPF 15 moisturizer after. Then at night (in the shower) I use this & Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion after. Viola!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by juliehahah

I have been using this product for one year now and it's a okay scrub. Made my skin clear and cleans my pores and cleans out my blackheads and whiteheads from face but it didn't minimize my pores at all. I love the scent to this product and the beads are just right and I might repurchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure how this could be classified as a scrub. The beads are almost non-existent and I don't feel like I've exfoliated after using. I was trying to find a drug-store type of scrub but I'm not sure this is going to be it for me. Scent is ok and the product leaves my face feeling clean but I already have a creamy cleanser that I like better.

I will add that I tried something that vastly improved the scrubbing capability of this product . . . I've been mixing in a bit of brown sugar. I got this idea from reading about homemade scrubs and thought that I may as well try it with this as the base and it works very well! If you have sensitive skin it might be too much but if you've purchased this and find it lacking try adding a little sugar. It's cheap! FYI I'm adding the sugar as needed because I think there's enough water in the cleanser to dissolve it over time. The sugar holds up pretty well while scrubbing but I can tell it's starting to break down by the time I'm finished.

I said I wouldn't repurchase but if I can't find an inexpensive scrub that I like better I might keep buying and adding brown sugar!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best packaging I have run across in a long time - absolutely brilliant!!! This scrub now lives in the shower, and I use it every time I bathe. It's heavily fragranced, and the texture is somewhat off-putting, so I stopped using it at the sink. It does a lovely job of exfoliating and the scent is easier to handle in the shower. I probably won't buy it again, but I like it just fine for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Have been dying to try this scrub for months. My skin, for some reason, has hated just about every single scrub I've tried. I finally caved in and purchased this. I loved the genius bottle and the scent. When I first used it I noticed my pores appeared tighter so that was a plus. But I noticed throughout the rest of the day my skin became an oil slick...I looked very greasy and not really the "glowy" kind.
I was then disappointed to wake up to some mild irritation bumps and blotchy skin. I think my skin overall refuses to like any type of scrubbing particles. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser every night, about a quarter sized portion over my face and neck and then I rub it lightly with just the tiniest bit of water from wetting my fingertips. It's like very fine sandpaper, it just polishes. I even use it on my eyelids and under my eyes. It takes off even MAC liquid liner and waterproof mascara with no problem. It rinses clean with warm water and there's no struggle to get all the exfoliant off your face like there is with, for example, St. Ives, or any scrubber with larger particle abrasives. I find the scent unremarkable and pleasant. I agree the packaging is genius, too. I hope this cleanser is never discontinued.