July 28, 2014 | 1781 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by dhk12300

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Smells just like a tuberose lei. The gardenia scent to me is 2nday ... Maybe if you got lei'd in Feb. when gardenia's r in bloom and stood outside about 10 ft. away from a gardenia bush ?... :) I lived in Hawaii for 20 yrs., made lei's for family coming in every Christmas, and that's my impression.
3 small sprays of the EDP equals one lei to me. This may be strong for some people, and when I first tried the perfume, I took someone else's advice and just sprayed it in the air and walked thru it. It does last all day. Like all good perfumes, u smell it on and off thru out the day (not constantly). In the dead of winter in Michigan, it's like going home.

It is pretty pricy. TJMaxx carried the gift set over Christmas, which is where I stocked up.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG! This stuff is revolting.

It's so strong it could pick you up and carry you away. It's like someone shoved a huge gardenia/tuberose bouquet in your face and threw you in a box filled with tuberose/gardenia flowers and drowned you in gardenia/tuberose essential oil.

Truly grotesque. The website says it containsTuberose Nature Intact. By nature intact it must mean still covered with manure fertilizer.

If death had a smell, I imagine it would smell like this.

Fragrance Type: Classic Rich Floral

Top Notes: Neroli, Lilac, Rosewood

Middle Notes: Tuberose Nature Intact, Gardenia, Orangeflower Nature Intact, Jasmine,
White Lily, Orangeflower

Base Notes: Carnation, Vanilla Bourbon

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

The tuberose is very well balanced with the gardenia....but the jasmine note in this is overpowering everything. And I cannot stand jasmine!

I got a free sample of this in a recent Estee Lauder order and I am very glad that I didn't pay for it. This fragrance is a strong, heavy floral which really lasts. There is a vague orange flower scent (which I love ) but it wouldn't make me go out and buy this.

The base notes are supposed to be vanilla bourbon and rosewood but I cannot smell this at all no matter how long I wait.

This lasts forever. Hours later I have to scrub this off in order to not have this lingering around when I apply a different fragrance.

This does have a high quality feel to it, probably because of how long it lasts and the strength of the floral notes. A lot of newer fragrances are very watery (Philosophy are very guilty of these weak and watery perfumes) and Tuberose Gardenia is just pure fragrance. The bottles look fantastic though and I am willing to try other scents in this range just so I can find one I like and display the pretty bottle. Well worth a try but not for those who dislike florals!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells like Hawaii to me, even better than Kai and certainly in the sane category. This could be HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Fondlemyplums

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful, authentic gardenia scent. It's not overly buttery, cloying or synthetic. Instead it fragrant, somewhat green and has that spring quality. I've received compliments every time I wore it...But... it fades almost instantly. An absolute bummer for me, because otherwise it reminded me of la chasse aux papillons. Real pity.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Piper47

I was surprised I liked this fragrance...! Independently I don't like tuberose and I don't like Gardenia, but somehow when blended together, this is a floral beauty. It fades fast on me so I most likely wouldn't purchase again. Nice spring/summer scent

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

This is a very realistic scent of gardenia, underscored by tuberose and neroli. I'd say only for floral lovers. I love gardenia and tuberose in general, but even so, I don't always want to smell like it. Still, it's nice for the days I feel like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BillyeT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first sniff of PC Tuberose Gardenia I thought it was just another boring white floral. The SA at the EL counter gave me a small vial and suggested I try it again in a few days. Glad I did! This will be my "go to" fragrance during spring/summer! On me I get a smooth jasmine-gardenia scent-very lovely! One friend gets a very nice creamy gardenia scent but nothing else. Another friend gets the full creamy tuberose-gardenia scent which is heavenly! Three different versions of the same scent from the same bottle and all very lovely. Proof that chemistry can be a huge factor in how a fragrance will smell on you. As far as 'strength' is concerned it only lasts a few hours on me (skin on the dry side) but on my two friends it lasts all day with a small spritz on the wrist and neck. Another thing I want to mention....my friend loves to cook but at times she can be very creative with garlic, onions, herbs or spices. After we've had one of her delicious culinary creations sometimes our fragrances don't smell quite the same which is further proof that what you eat, drink (or don't drink) can affect your chemistry. These reviews can be informative but remember, they are "opinions". (I read a review once where the person stated a certain perfume smelled like 'monkey urine'. I've always wondered what she did that would make her an expert on the smell of monkey urine...??? I doubt I would want that job.) I suggest that you always try it first and if you like it and it doesn't offend those around you (less can be more) then ENJOY! Don't worry about your fragrance being called an "old lady" scent. My neighbor who was an elegant, fashionable lady always smelled divine. Everyone from small children to the most eligible bachelor always commented on how wonderful she smelled. We all tried to find out the name of the heavenly perfume she always wore. She would smile and tactfully change the subject. We were in shock when her daughter once mentioned that she wished WHITE SHOULDERS smelled as good on her as it did her Mother!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by changingface

So, where do i begin.. Usually I hate department store perfume it is always a heavy musky over powering scent and never smells right on me. That being said I have never stopped my search.. always hoping i can find a nice light classy fragrance to call my own signature. I LOVE the smell of gardenia. So after doing a search for light fresh perfumes I had to try this when i saw gardenia in the title... Luckily i did get the chance to try it before buying. I have to say I would not describe this as being a "light" scent. Its not over powering and has no musk scent but it is strong (or atleast i think so) just to make sure i liked it i left it on the shirt and have sniffed it randomly fr the last few days.. four days later it is perfect! I know that sounds ridiculous and maybe i am the only woman that has a problem with strong perfumes but now i would call it a light fresh clean floral Just a side note I used one spray at mid arms length on my clothes and a small squirt on my wrist to see how it mingled with my pharamones. the squirt on my wrist wore off rather quickly but as i said my shirt still smells good and i think i will order a bottle to use while i continue my search for my perfect scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by nataliestar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this!!,..BUT, it costs too much..this should be around $60 for the 1 oz, which is what I purchased for $85,..., and $85 for the larger, which costs $145. Definately a lovely Tuberose Gardenia Mix, I dont smell anything plastic, or coconut,..etc. I have just recently gotten into buying these types of perfumes, and do not own, nor never smelled the Fracas, so I cant compare it. I can tell you this is the MUCH nicer, yet way more costly sister to Jovans Island Gardenia, if anyone is familiar. NOTE that I said MUCH nicer, but,..if you're on a budget........~I will def repurchase, but hoping this is out at *gift time.*.