November 27, 2014 | 1548 users online

Skincare - Body - Gold Bond - Ultimate Comfort Body Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you've tried the regular Gold Bond powder (gold canister) and you don't care for the smell, then try this. The fragrance is much more mild and it works very well at keeping one dry. I live in a humid climate (Southern US) and use this all summer to alleviate various summer sweating annoyances. (Haven't tried it on my face but I probably should.) Even though the fragrance is better than that of other Gold Bond powders, I'm not wild about it, but the scent does not last long at all and will not clash with any other fragrance you might choose to use. Tip: head over to Sally Beauty and pick up a big fluffy body brush, then decant this powder into a lidded plastic container - then dust, dust, dust yourself down and enjoy the comfort.

I wouldn't say the price is great, but the stuff works, so that's that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This body powder has a soft, fresh scent. It is talc-free and a soft powder, not gritty. I sprinkle this in my shoes, and lightly dust sensitive areas before dressing. It really works to keep you cool, chafe free and dry and is long lasting on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic powder. Works great as a body powder, doesn't smell like baby. It has a nice mild herbal scent.

I use this primarily as a dry shampoo, it works really well. Much more cost effective than using dry shampoos that come in spray bottles. Typical powder bottle packaging with a sifter top that spins to close. It's a lot easier to work into the scalp than baby powder, doesn't leave a white residue on my hair (light brown with diffused grey), and I feel like I need a lot less than I needed to get the same result with baby powder. The final finish is better as well, where baby powder makes my hair look dull and adds a lot of static, this powder makes it look more natural matte and does not add static. Good stuff from the drugstore. Will definitely repurchase.

I have a different method of application than the previous reviewer. I just sprinkle a little on my palms, rub them together to coat, shake off any excess, and then simply run my fingers through my hair along the scalp, making shampooing-type motions to rub it in. I repeat the process a few times in different areas until I have powdered the entire scalp. Then I run my hands through my hair from scalp to tip without adding any more powder, just to distribute it. I find this a lot easier than sprinkling it directly on my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this and I'm so pleased with it I wanted to write a review right away! Perhaps unconventionally, I'm using this in my hair as a dry shampoo and it ROCKS. I have tried many kinds of dry shampoo (the spray kind) and all of them either smell bad or too strong, and I think all that alcohol can't be good for your hair. I've tried baby powder but I hate that smell (reminds me of tampons in the 80s...). I tried pure cornstarch and it's close to perfect but it's unscented and I do like a little scent, to cover up "dirty hair smell" LOL, and I have to transfer it into a shaker container. So this product is great! 1st ingredient is cornstarch, it's talc-free so no concerns with inhalation, and the fragrance is subtle and pleasant - I'm very scent-sensitive so this is a huge endorsement coming from me.
P.S. if anyone's curious how I use it exactly - I sprinkle it into my crown area by making multiple parts with a comb, but not along my actual part b/c then the white residue is too noticeable and looks like gray roots... then I massage it in lightly all around my scalp, leave it for a few minutes, and brush it out with a boar bristle brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is talc free and has a fresh scent. great to use as an intimate powder for keeping skin dry smooth and odor free. I also use it in my shoes as a foot powder, paid about $5 bucks. Will use this powder forever, hope they never stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in areas like my thighs, back, and chest where I sweat the most. Keeps those areas dry and I don't have to worry about embarassing perspiration marks. It doesn't have the best scent, but it does do what it's supposed to do. This is perfect for the summer as I can get rashes from the heat and I can break out easily. CVS sells small travel-sized bottles of Gold Bond powder so if you want to try this out first before buying, that could be a good option. My boyfriend uses this sometimes for his feet and it keeps him from getting blisters when its too hot. I always make sure to keep a bottle in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd give this 6 stars if I could. I love this powder and will not use anything else since discovering it on a whim. It does not contain talc which is a good thing for me. Secondly, I love the scent. It's so mild and gentle and clean smelling. The scent is never strong or perfumey, and doesn't smell like baby powder which is a nice thing for us adults who don't want to smell like a baby! The scent is a gentle herbal fragrance. I use this powder almost every night after a bath or shower and it really makes me feel calm and relaxed and comforted. I also use this mostly on my chest and underarms and back because I hate when I perspire and my bra feels damp and uncomfortable. I also like the texture of this powder -- some powders can feel gritty or grainy to me and this one has been silky fine and smooth from start to finish. I love this so much and the only bad thing is that I can't seem to find it as readily as I'd like. Nothing else compares!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by no1knows

This powder is very comfortable and safe. It does what all body powders are supposed to do: keeps you dry wherever applied, has a variety of great uses (just a bit for dry shampoo!) , and prevents odors(sweat) and skin irritation (after shaving delicate areas, to prevent chaffing from moving, etc.). It has everything, basically, you could want in a body powder: talc-free, scent is not of old lady OR baby, accesible in terms of price and easy to find in stores, great packaging (never take for granted a good cap, it makes the bottle portable)... In short, I'll be buying this again. The only reason I might venture to another powder is for scent, though this one smells just fine, like sweet-ish fresh herbs.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Truth : I am a girl and, yes, I sweat. I cannot begin to express how much I love this product. It helps keep moisture at bay which means less chafing. It keeps odor away, it's cheap, it's readily available and I will continue to use it every day. I feel like this is one of those products that everyone could benefit from so do yourself a favor and grab a bottle. I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Missy_Girl

This is a lifesaver for me in the summer humidity. For the past 2 summers I had started breaking out on my chest and back when I was out in the summer heat. I tried using all different body washes, soaps, hair care products, body lotions to solve the problem and nothing worked. Recently my derm started prescribing bigger tretinoin cream scripts so I would have enough to apply to my shoulders and chest and even though it works wonders on my face..I had no luck. He kept telling me it was due to perspiration and I needed to keep the areas dry as possible and this powder ended up being the PERFECT solution!!!! I even sprinkle it on my sheets before bed like it suggests and it's great. And for reference I do not sweat a lot it's just that my acne prone skin does not tolerate any kind of perspiration..lucky me. Give this stuff a try it's great