August 30, 2014 | 1169 users online

Other - Imedeen vitamin supplements.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure what to think of these supplements as I genuinely can't say I have noticed any benefits. I do get complemented I look good for my age but I also use luxury line skincare in excess of $200 plus per item... Even than I can't say if it's the products or just me looking younger... It's all a mystery.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Granted that I only took this for just under 3 months, but I really didn't see any improvement to my skin while taking these (Time Perfection ones) I thought that my skin was perhaps more hydrated, but I have since discovered that was down to taking Omega 3. My skin seemed to break out a lot while taking these tablets too. I think they are very expensive for what they are, and there are better supplements out there for much less money. EDIT: I am now using Biocorrex. The ingredients are amazing, and the capsules contain no fillers etc. Will add a review when I have taken them for 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm 27 and have been using once a day for 3 months ,honestly I don't take this pills as an anti wrinkle remedy ,I know it won't erase my fine lines ,I take them because of its anti oxidant components,the only downside is the price but I rather use a cheaper moisturizer than stop using imeedeen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

I have posted a review about these before - see Poppy99 below. That review was done in 2005 when I had been taking them for 2 years. I had to change my user name (can't remember why, a technical problem, the Feds were not after me!). I thought it might be useful to update. I have now taken these tablets for 10 years. Back in 2005 I was regularly thought to be years younger than I was and that remains to be the case. I am now 48 and apart from a few faint wrinkles I have no wrinkles anywhere on face or neck. Colleagues the same age are always saying that I have drunk from the fountain of youth or that I have made time stand still. In comparison to them I do look significantly younger. As you are reading this I expect you are thinking, wow, she is full of herself, but I am bigging myself up because I am trying to evidence that this supplement seems to work. It may well be a coincidence, I might have maintained good skin without them but I cannot obviously say. All I know is that I have taken them consistently over a long period of time and I have a young looking skin and good skin tone. The drawback is the price but I would rather buy a cheaper skincare range than stopping buying these. I am UK based and you can get a free month's supply if you send in 6 tokens. Bargains are also to be had online. Sorry for the long review but as I have taken them for a long time I thought you would appreciate the update.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by LissaLissaLaLa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi - do not bother with this one!!!!
Am currently in the middle of asking everyone if they know of some kind of discount voucher for the skin supplement I use (biocorrex) but am still waiting......:( I'm not cheap just got expensive taste!!!

never saw any effect whatsoever with imedeen and i used it for about 1 year or so. the product i'm on now changed my skin just like the pack said it would - am lighter, am less dry and just more glow-y. oh and my nails is good (but that wasn't on the packet)

this was just fyi - you can take it or leave it, this advice. I just want that discount code :))))) so if anyone knows of one, please let me know.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by TRP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One word to describe it: Rubbish!!

Tried it for some time and not only my skin didn't get better but it started forming a lot of broken capillaries, meaning that this supplement left my skin more sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by 1Rebecca1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow - people had an effect from this nonsense product!!! Why do I feel so strongly? - well because I wasted so many years & money buying this product and only found out very recently about the actual stuff and doses it has in it. Anyway, my story is that I started out with Imedeen and, because I'm a loyal kind of person, stuck to it for 3 years. I know that sounds silly but I got scared about what my skin would be like if I didn't. Then 2 of my friends started raving about this new brand, biocorrex but I was adament about sticking with Imedeen. I also tried perricone - again made no difference - again. But maybe that's cos the skin clear one is for acne???. This time I was cynical and abandoned supplements for a year or so. But I finally came round to trying biocorrex - it's kind of expensive. I mean I don't see why any of these supplements need to be so expensive but anyway...that's another story :)))) Well, to cut a long story short, this supplement actually works and this is from soneone who stuck with something for 3 years with no effect. I know now what you need to look for. What BioCorrex did that no other supplement did - (oh and remember that this happened after about 4 months for me but with some people it could be sooner or later). Any person that tells you they saw the difference of taking a supplement after a few days is ...well, how to put this.....uhhhmmm, they're lying! :) It's not possible biologically!!
It made me lose that tight feeling after I wash my face
The skin under my eyes is so much younger looking
My energy has gone through the roof
I get so many more compliments!! - what is that??? Was I that bad before? :-))))))

Anyway, would have recommended BioCorrex but they don't have the option here but I hope people read this before going in for rubbishy Imedeeno!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I took Imedeen for four months, but saw no significant improvement in my skin's look or feel. I think I prefer Perfectil because, even though my skin, hair and nails don't seem any different with it either, at least it doubles as a multivitamin. To be honest, I've experimented with various 'beauty' supplements (each for a minimum of 3 months) and the benefits, at least for me, are probably just psychological: it feels like I'm taking out a 'beauty insurance' policy.
UPDATE (Aug 2011):
Despite initially clicking 'no' to repurchase, I've ended up continuing to use. I kept getting compliments on the smoothness and glow of my skin and asked what my 'secret' is - so I didn't want to stop in case the Imedeen was responsible! Well, I'm fairly low maintenance when it comes to my skin - face wash in the morning followed by an SPF moisturiser; cream cleanser at night followed by a serum. I don't bother with exfoliants and rarely use face masks; I don't use night creams; nor do I use primers, concealers or highlighters; I never have facials; I'm always burning the candle at both ends etc. As I can't really think of any particularly skin-boosting thing I'm doing, maybe my supplement *is* playing a part.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UK customers (sorry - not sure if this applies to the rest of the world) should definitely join the Imedeen Beauty Club. It's free to join via the website and they do an offer whereby you get a free month's supply of your chosen supplement each time you've purchased 6 boxes. (Each box contains a card worth 1 point; you have to attach the barcode at the bottom of the box to the card and post 6 of them to Imedeen.) I've stopped buying Imedeen at Boots, too, because the Imedeen website also seems to do a permanent 3-for-2 offer with free postage - plus I've had several free gifts that way such as their (so-so) eye cream and their (lovely) serum (the latter of which retails for approximately 77).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by castlequeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought 3 packages of the "Imedeen Time Perfection" at $98 Canadian for each box of 120 tablets (one month supply). I used the prescribed amount (2 tablets per day) faithfully for 3 months. I've just finished my last box & will not re-purchase. For the price I truly did not see enough change in my skin to deem this a worthy product. I think that good skin care products, vitamins that specifically address your skin care & health needs are much more effective. I bought this product with a 'buy 2, get the 3rd 1/2 price.' In my box was an "Imedeen Insider's Club" registration form where you can accumulated 'points' and get your 6th box free. Well, I have never had ANY correspondence either from mail or email. I did email the company about this a month ago & received a reply that "they work on each subscription as they come in but recommend you take the supplements regardless as they will be in touch." What??? Forget about it- Lots of $ down the drain with little results in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I took these in 2003 for a few months. I can't really remember why I stopped, because I got excellents results, but I did. Somebody reminded me of Imedeen a few months back and I finally decided to try them again despite the incredibly high price. My skin is combo, both with extremely dry and extremely oily patches, and I have a lot of broken caps and sun damage. I remember I had almost instant improvement last time I took them, and this time I notice the same thing. In just 10 days I see a big improvement both in texture and skin tone, meaning my ruddy parts are much less red and my skin is much softer all over. I will update as I go along. UPDATE Feb. 24 '08: I quit taking these. Why? I can't be 100% sure that these tablets caused my massive breakouts, but I think they did. My goodness, it was horrible. My face, my chest, my back, all covered in cystic acne and spots. It just got worse and worse and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what was going on. I became desperate, to say the least. Finally I just quit taking Imedeen, and within two weeks my skin had pretty much calmed down (although it will take me forever to fade all the red marks). Maybe I'm allergic to something in these tablets (I'm allergic to grass and might be having a cross reaction to the tomato extract, I don't know). I don't really care which, as long as my skin is okay now. I started taking Pycnogenol instead, and so far I've had no breakouts. On the contrary, I feel more energetic than ever and my broken capillaries seem to be fading. BUT it's early days yet, so I'll be back later...