November 26, 2014 | 1417 users online

Makeup Brushes - mark - Foundation Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first foundation brush and I like it a lot, I would never go back to makeup sponges. I use a lot less product when applying with this brush. It's firm but not stiff and scratchy, it cleans well, hasn't shed on me yet (been using for 2-3 weeks). I don't find it gives me a streaky application, I suppose that's as much up to the product you use as the brush, though (I'm currently using a Cover Girl Clean, sensitive skin formula). Great budget brush, would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by foxsealady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation brush for anyone on a budget. While it could stand to be a little larger, it will give you a nearly flawless finish. It has synthetic bristles, which is awesome if your skin is irritated by natural hair. The softness of the brush provides for smooth application. The brush density is just right for a liquid foundation. It works nicely for blending out concealer too. The handle is firmly attached to the ferrule. It comes clean easily and holds its shape well. Excellent bang for your buck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is....ok. I just don't care for the synthetic bristles, they tend to separate and splay during applications making foundation look streaky. Ive washed it several times thinking maybe it was oils making it separate, but it continues to do so. I mostly use it to apply my concealor, and that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Makes applying foundation a breeze :) Will buy again if by some freak chance that this goes bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS: Much better than the Avon foundation brush! Lush brush with lots of dense bristles (comparable to my Clinique brush, much more than my ELF brush). Looks nice, fairly sturdy. Applies foundation well. Good value (under $10 but decent quality). No odors.

CONS: Not as quite as soft as my Clinique brush.

Overall, a decent foundation brush. While the Clinique version is my favorite, the mark and ELF ones are in a tie for a close 2nd! I'd recommend it as a d/s-priced brush. I would consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fembots

I love this brush! Now that being said it was the first and only foundation brush I've ever owned, but I havent felt the need to 'upgrade' to a more expensive one yet since this does the job perfectly! The bristles feel the same as more expensive brands, and it puts makeup on very smoothly. And honestly, why spend $30 on a brush when you can get it for $6. I'd rather spend the money on expensive makeup. I'm not usually a fan of Avon / Mark, but this brush is just great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this brush free with an order. It's really soft. I use it as a large concealer brush, for larger areas that need more foundation or concealer such as areas of break outs or discoloration or reddess and this brush does an amazing job and I've had it over a year and it's still super soft and doesn't shed. I'm thinking about getting one of my sister since I love this one so much. The brush also isn't super light as most cheaper foundation brushes are, this is a good weight and a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by siobhan3six

This brush doesn't do a good job, in my opinion. It gave a very streaky application of liquid foundation and didn't pick up very much pigment with mineral powder foundation, I suppose due to the synthetic bristles. I haven't used it since I tried it out and doubt I will ever use it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the good reviews here and must give my 2 cents. I have over 12 foundation brushes of various price ranges from Eob to Trish McEvoy. For the price this brush works and its as cheap as you can get. I dont mind the smaller head altho the brush length is slightly longer than I believe that a found. brush should have but the much more expensive Trish found. brush is even longer.

My only real complaint is that the black lacquer of the handle cracked and peeled off after only two washings showing the natural wood underneath. Only brush this ever happened to me. For an inexpensive found. brush with black ferrule and black handle, I would recommend the Lumiere found. brush. For a drugstore found. brush I would recommend Perfection (found at Walgreens) or POSH. Best found. brush overall is Lancome. Prescriptives and Trish are overrated. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by VegeeGrrrl

Out of the two foundation brushes that I own, my Mark foundation brush is by far superior. I love that this brush has a great shape and is thicker than most other foundation brushes. The shape and consistency make it really easy to blend out foundation to a natural finish.