September 17, 2014 | 1295 users online

Treatments (Face) - SkinActives - CHAS Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This product is now called Antioxidant Serum with ROS* Terminator, no longer called CHAS. Thought I would give it a try to improve skin health and appearance. I use it am and pm.
This is a wonderful product & it definitely tightens and evens out my complexion, also helps sun block do its job. No breakouts from it, will continue to purchase along with many of Skin Active products. I make many of my own skin care items using their actives, including DMAE & Pulluan (for cosmetic skin tightening), Dermagen which I add to my foundation (increases synthesis of collagen and has hyaluronic acid in it and plumps the skin) Elixir10 - Phytoestrogen Booster added to my face cream which has a ton of benefits for the mature woman.
No I don't work for them, I just love most of their products and they skip the fancy packaging and over the top department store prices and I have control over the strength of the ingredients. Their products are cruelty free and safe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by savliving

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second bottle so I think it is time for a review. I replaced CelSignal with this and I love it. My only complaint is the seaweed can be a tad clogging for me on some days. My skin is finicky though. I haven't actually used sunscreen since summer or to be exact, May of 2013 because of crazy health issues. This serum has been great. No new freckles and I'm not trying to completely get rid of the old ones. I love MAP and Niacinamide combo and this is awesome for me. Shipping literally takes 2 days to Georgia. Oh and my skin is still its nice and fair shade. There may have been moments of a little color but I live so close to the sun it seems and no matter what the sun will always be there! And how could I forget? I use this at night with Niacinamide toner before when not using Tretinoin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jimmyind

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a bit expensive, compared to most skinactives products, but this is the best thing of all. It's great to put on crow's feet when you're going out, as it's instant too. In daytime, you won't even need make-up.

A real confidence-booster.

It's now improved and perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Braethan

I found out about skinactives while searching through DIY forums and going green type beauty boards. I did some major researching as I wanted to completely change my whole routine. My skin was just looking so dull, lifeless and wrinkly. My skin tone was awful.
So searching through some reviews it was this serum that really got me interested in the first place and was one of the first items I ordered. I have many now.
It doesnt take long to notice results with skinactives. Using the CHAS Serum has really evened out my skintone. My pores have really almost disapeared and they were quite large on my nose. My skin feels firmer and looks nice and bright.
I'm very happy with my results!
Although I am using a lot of skin actives products I can say for sure that CHAS had a big impact since it was the first one that I started using.
Love love love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally a Vit. C serum that doesn't break me out or turn my skin into a red mess. It has wonderful antioxidents such as Ferulic acid, Lycopene and Vit. C. I use this in the A.M. under my sunscreen and it dries to a nice finish and is not gritty at all. As for the price, $25.25 for 1oz is peanuts compared to some serums out there like Skinceuticals and others. All in all I am very pleased with this serum and will purchase it as long as they make it. It does have to be refrigerated.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by parisa720

You cannot beat the price for the quality of product. I can't believe people drop so much money on SkinCeuticals when Skin Actives has the CHAS Serum and now Phloretin available... I use every morning under moisturizer and sunscreen and I must say, I really feel a peace of mind knowing I'm taking care of my skin (so affordably!) now at 24 vs. chopping and dicing it 15 years from now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Finally, a C serum that does not make my already-oily skin more so. LRP Redermic and Avon Clearly C both make my skin feel sticky and gross. This stuff goes on light as water, I just slap my SS and foundation over top of this. A half ounce bottle of this and shipping came to $20.00, a bargain for the quality ingredients it contains. I also like the pump dispenser. I find the contents 'settle' so I have to shake this every time I use it. It is not the slightest bit gritty.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by EnchantedOne

A very good vitamin C serum that is chalk full of good and nourishing ingredients for the skin. It goes to show you don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get a great serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by mahirsch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is packed with antioxidants. It really has brightened my face. Customer service is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 2:20:00 AM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At last. I found the C serum with Ferulic that doesn't smell horrilbe and doesn't leave my skin sticky. This is a small company based in Arizona and they sell singular ingredients as well as their own "complete" formulas. The CHAS serum contains Vitamin C with Ferulic Acid, so it's a great alternative to Skinceuticals C E Ferulic which is horrible in every way (see my review). This formula goes on matte and it's obviously "cooked up" fresh. It's in a base of aloe vera, Sea Kelp Bioferment, and contains several high quality antioxidants. The Price? It's under 10$ for a half oz. Small bottle, yes, but a C serum should be small since it can go bad fast. I'm not a fan of the dropper-style packaging and plan to transfer it to something a bit more air-tight, such as a small pump bottle, but since I actually enjoy using it, I may not have to since I don't think it will go bad before I finish. I plan to order it frequently, rather than several bottles at a time to ensure freshness... and at this price - I CAN. My search for a quality C serum is over. Sigh. UPDATE: This has been reformulated with a new antioxidant and is also less gritty AND it now comes in a pump. New price is $13.25. Still a bargain!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No