April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Skincare - Face - rosehip seed oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I use rosehip oil from a brand called Life Flo and it is THE best AND cheapest that I've tried so far. Don't even compare it to Trilogy's rosehip oil or any other brands', as the quality simply cannot be beaten. The color is dark, reddish, rusty orange (the way unrefined, organic rosehip oil should be) and very fresh. It comes in a dark dropper bottle to preserve the freshness, as rosehip oil is sensitive to air and light.

My skin brightened and rejuvenated so much ever since I started using this. It just makes my skin just looks glowy and healthy. I'm on my second bottle, and I almost feel nervous when I don't have this with me. Make sure you don't store it for too long, as I noticed the color gets lighter as time goes by and it means the antioxidants are losing effectiveness. AND THE BEST PART? The price is only about 5 bucks on iherb.com. 5 DOLLARS. The quality is so much better than other brands' rosehip oils that are triple the price. I don't necessarily break out from using this, but I don't use it when I have pimples, as rosehip oil is known to inflame any existing acne. I just mix a couple drops in my usual night cream and gently pat my entire face until everything is absorbed. Make sure you don't RUB the oil directly into the face, as it could clog the pores. Just simply pat. You can use code YEW608 on iherb.com to get $10 off your first order.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love love love this oil! It's the best oil I've ever used. I've been using natural oils almost exclusively for moisturizing for almost 10 years now, and it's like for my skin time stopped the day I first started using oil as a moisturizer. I have the same skin now as I had 10 years ago. Until now I've used mostly coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, sometimes avocado oil (but not often because here where I live it's more expensive) or occasionally vitamin E/wheat germ oil. But a few months ago I tried rosehip seed oil and it was like, WOWWW!!! I don't have wrinkles (thanks to the use of natural oils!) but I do have that infamous and aging naso-labial line, you know that crease that runs from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth and make you look so old and sagging, these lines just showed up one day after I had my first baby. But the rosehip seed oil has really attenuated these horrible lines! I almost don't have them anymore! Olive oil and coconut oil were able to maintain my skin, but it's like rosehip seed oil actually turned back the hands of time! It also gives me a glow like other people say.

To the reviewer below who said it burned her skin, well it is true that natural doesn't necessarily mean innocuous for everyone. Anyone can be allergic or sensitive to anything even all natural things. But just because one person has an allergic reaction or sensitivity to a certain natural substance, that doesn't mean that that substance is bad for everyone. Many people are allergic to strawberries but that doesn't make strawberries bad for everyone. And as for getting paid for writing reviews, well I wish! If someone could tell me how I could go about it to actually get paid to write these reviews I'm signing up asap! With the number of reviews that I've written on here already (several hundred) I could've earned a fortune by now!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by annyshkag

Great product. I love all natural and organic skin and makeup products! This product is great for any skin type, also great for acne scars and as anti aging! Love it!
My skin is not sensitive so I personally don't know if maybe its great for sensitive skin types or not, buy I know for sure that natural/ organic skin and makeup MUCH more beneficial to any one skin then the ones that Loaded up with Chemicals, Fragrance, and so on...

Don't forget- people used natural skin care thousands and thousands years ago( even before Cleopatra days- honey, milk, oils....) but all that chemical crap was invented relatively not so long ago. So scientists who study reactions of all this ingredients ( chemicals) on a persons body don't know how it would affect the later generations. Today, its all about money and not about whats good for population- you. Many cosmetic and skin care companies substituting good ingredients for the cheaper one just for the sake of an extra buck!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by anardana

I have been using an organic brand of rosehip oil on my face at night after cleansing for a couple of weeks now. I have about the same amount of acne as before (1-2 spots per PMS week). As long as it isn't making acne worse I'm happy, because my skin feels great.

Edit: Unfortunately this ended up making me break out. Too bad. It also made my face feel a bit irritated right after application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by SexiiMami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought some from moutain rose herbs bc I read it has anti aging capabilities due to the high vitamin A content. Vitamin A in retinol, which is a wrinkle preventative/eliminating natural method. Old scars on my legs are beginning to fade. This is worth a try or the skin care conscious out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rummi45

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading the reviews, I decided to purchase mine from Shea Terra www.sheaterraorganics.ca as i have ordered few other oils from them before. I had a bit of scarring on the side of my face and it took care of it. Over all an amazing product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by pamelalmoscoso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I needed more items for free shipping on Amazon Prime while ordering shea butter and lavender essential oil for a homemade mask. I ordered rose hip seed oil semi-blindly; I did light research before clicking yes. WOW. I wish I had known about this sooner. I'm almost 33 and have hormonal acne. It scars purplish and leaves bumps or pitted skin. I don't have wrinkles because I've used sunscreen since I was 15. BUT--Wow! My skin is glowing after a few days of using this as a moisturizer day and night. It looks so smooth. I look 10 years old again. I don't have wrinkles, but my skin was starting to look old in a way that I can't describe. Maybe sallow or grayish is what I'm trying to convey. This fixed it. I am amazed by this product. The scars seem to be fading or less noticeable. My dry cheeks and oily t-zone are more balanced. I will always use this as my main moisturizer straight from the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This oil is ideal for dehydrated/acneic skin. I was a tad over-zealous with a home glycolic peel on my oily/combination/dehydrated and problematic skin (never again!) and my face was red and flakey. I also have recent marks, a combination of damage from the mask and from recent and old spots. I mixed cold-pressed pure jojoba oil with rosehip seed oil, two drops of each. I applied after my night-time cleanse and topped off with my usual Cerave PM night lotion. My skin felt a little oily initially but the oils soon sank in. This blend worked overnight to soothe my parched skin without any adverse reaction or blocked pores. I'm amazed! I will be doing this regularly from now on. I think every night would be excessive, but certainly two or three times a week. I'm also thinking of adding sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, ylang ylang and neroli for added anti-ageing, mark-fading and re-balancing properties.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know about this oil. It is the new shit and I bought it for a scar (I haven't used it on it yet ) but I used the oil on my face for a few weeks and my skin looked horrible.. I can't be 100 % sure that it's because of the oil, but I got a pimples and my skin was like ueven in a way I can't explain - it was difficult to apply foundation and it looks cackey and like I REALLY needed to exfoliate it.

But I bought the oil for a operation scar and I look forward to start using it on that instead, and will update this after.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by kappleby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the Trilogy brand Organic Rose Hip Oil. I have always sworn by using creamy moisturizers for my sensitive, dry/combination skin, as well as a harsh toner. Thanks to my friend and co-worker, I have completely changed my skincare routine and I couldn't be happier! No more soapy, foamy cleansers -- switched to a very gentle cream cleanser, and no more toners at all! I wash my face at night instead of in the morning, and I apply three drops of Trilogy Rose Hip Oil to my face after, as well as in the morning after a hot shower, and my skin has never looked better. Old acne scars are fading, my skin has a subtle glow and is much more even toned. And the oil is so quick to absorb into my skin! I was dubious at first, I'll admit, because my face didn't feel like it normally did after using my old moisturizer, but after a couple of days, I realized why it didn't feel the same: it felt better! I am in love!