September 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Skincare - Face - rosehip seed oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been using this oil for the last couple months and it's just ok. I bought it because it's a natural source of Vitamin A and I have some dark spots that need fading, but I haven't noticed any appreciable difference in my dark spots. Performance-wise, rosehip seed oil is about the same as argan oil to me - it's good at hydrating the skin, but that's about it. Rosehip seed oil seems to absorb more quickly than argan oil though.

The scent isn't the best, so I only use this as a nighttime moisturizer. It starts off fishy, then has some barley-like notes that remind me of roasted barley tea. If you're familiar with sea buckthorn oil, this has a similar scent, but fishier.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by curren3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I may have to update this review at some point, because I am terrified of breakouts after reading everywhere that rose hip oil is bad for acne prone skin. I have used it for 3 days trying to recover from peel. So far so good, although I still feel dry. My skin is starting to look a little better. I got a bottle from ASDM. It says its cold pressed and from Chile, which seems to be the go to place for rose hip oil.

The smell is very familiar...like very! And i've never used it before. I can't perfectly place it, but it smells exactly like something used on horse tack (saddles, bridles etc.). I don't know if I should be worried that this is neatsfoot oil (which is from the fat in cows legs...stays liquid at cold temperatures) or if rose hip oil is in some other leather care item. Anyway, the smell is hard to describe...a tiny bit fishy, slightly olive oil like, earthy and horse like (but I think that is just my association with it).

I don't know how it is supposed to look, feel, smell, so not sure on quality. The color is fairly light, maybe even clear. But, its nicely packaged in a dark brown bottle so its hard to see. At least a few drops on my finger looks clear.

Fingers crossed it works for my extremely dry skin. Oil has always worked really well for me and never made me break out, so hoping that continues with this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by meredithtaylor

This stuff is amazing!!! I have very oily and acne prone skin and deal with acne scarring, and this works wonders! It has reduced the amount of blemishes I get, helped to control oil, faded my scars, and makes my skin look so radiant and flawless- it looks like it's glowing when I wake up in the morning! It is incredible and I would definitley reccomend it to all skin types!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are in the sun a lot like I am, I do not recommend this product. It did not make me break out, however, it did make me look older by deepening the lines I have on my face. I wish I never fell into the hype of this product. I've tried so many oils on my face and have now come to the conclusion that they just don't work for me. It always has some type of negative outcome. I do use oils for my body which I love, so I will try this product on my stretch marks and see if it makes a difference. Will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ARamic

I stumbled upon Organic Rosehip seed oil two weeks ago in Marshalls. I got a 30 ml (1 fluid OZ.) bottle by a brand called "by nature". I had been trying to incorporate more natural and organic products into my beauty and skin care routine after years of awful acne and harsh chemicals trying to get rid of it.

This is the second week I have used it. I apply it morning and night, more in the evening and only two to three drops in the morning under my makeup. For the first time in my entire life I feel comfortable going out with out makeup. I was doing my makeup for work and I forgot to put concealer on and I realized, "GOLLY! I don't even need it" I would pay any amount of money before to get results like this but the fact that I got this little bottle for about $6.99 + tax make the results much sweeter and help ensure that it stays in my skincare routine for the long haul.

Not only have my blemishes disappeared, but the acne scars are rapidly fading and I am not having new breakouts. My moisturizer, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and other chemicals are out and this is my go to now! My skin looks healthy, mess free and I've gotten tons of compliments lately!

I recommend this now to everyone who wants a natural, mess free and inexpensive solution to their skincare woes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is by far my new HG moisturizer and complexion enhancer!

I just started using this stuff abt 2 weeks ago (Life-Flo brand, $5) - I use it nightly and apply moisturizer over it. It was only maybe 2-3 days into use when I noticed my hyper-pigmentation issues were disappearing and the redness I had dealt with my entire life was nearly gone. The only con here is that it really does have a nasty smell to it. However, this is why I apply the lotion over it and that helps to tone it down.

I cannot recommend this stuff enough for dry or problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by blackdawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm reviewing the Thursday plantation rose hip oil its 100% rose hip seed oil and cheaper than the Sukin and trilogy stuff here in Australia it is AMAZING HOLY GRAIL product I use both night and day as a moisturiser I have both oily and dry skin its very strange my skin cant decide what category it falls under its also very sensitive and prone to rashes and eczema I wear it under my concealer and mineral powder foundation and it gives me a bright dewy glow like im wearing highlighter must be the large vitamin c content in the oil... it also lightened my hyper pigmentation although disclaimer for those with uber sensitive skin like me may cause milia around eye area if used as an eye serum too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm incredibly jealous of girls that this worked for. Being natural and cheap, this is something I would have loved to use. But after experimentation with Whole food's rose hip oil and Josie Maran's Argan oil, I'm fairly sure that my skin simply cannot handle oils. My skin is very sensitive, and I have been using non-natural products on my skin for 10 or more years. (I am assuming this has something to do with my reactions to natural products, since my skin is so conditioned to potentially harmful, synthetic ingredients. Ah!)

For some reason, I have always been afraid of oils despite having dry skin. I think I am understanding why now, because after using this oil for a week I started to break out fairly badly. Weeks later, I have deeply clogged pores in my left and right t-zone area (cheeks) that will not budge, despite having tried BHAs and AHAs to rid them!

Hopefully my skin will recover soon. Also, this oil did provide a glow but was not particularly moisturizing. I made the mistake of not using this with a carrier oil, so that also affected my experience. But with that said, this would absolutely not be something I would try again, even with proper use consideration.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My review is for the Life Flo brand. I follow a girl on Instagram (acne journey is her ig name) and she cleared her acne scars using this oil. I was scared to use it because I have read to not use it on acne or acne prone skin but everyone's skin is different so I decided to try it anyways. It's going on a month of me using it and wow is all have to say. I used 0.1% Tretinoin for years and this stuff has worked so much better without the irritation. My skin looks beautiful and like it did back when I was in high school. It has not broke me out or clogged my pores. I use two drops for my whole face and apply it morning and night on damp skin. I use one more drop for my under eye area. This has also dramatically faded my under eye circles. I'm very impressed with this oil and will never be without it. I can't wait to see my progress in a few more months and it's so awesome to have found something cheap and natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Timelesss3

I just purchased Rosehip seed oil by Nouris - 100% pure organic, all the way from Chile. It's the cheaper alternative to Trilogy brand. It's my 3rd night so far using Nouris RHO and I have to say, I have seen a difference. I generally have good skin, thank God, but it has looked a bit on the dull side in the last month or two which is a first for me. Looking in the mirror, I didn't like what was staring back at me, so I jumped online and purchased this oil as I've been meaning to try it out for some time since I read Miranda Kerr is an avid fan. So far, it has brightened up my skin. My face looks bright, clear and a nice glow to it. Even after my make up routine, it has this glowy look. I use it under my eyes and it seems to have diminished some of the really fine lines under my eyes. This is the reason I purchased this oil. I look a lot younger than my age (not complaining) so when I noticed these slight lines, I almost panicked and had to do something about it. I then realised I was very dehydrated and I wasn't getting much sleep which showed on my face. I made it my mission to drink at least 2Lt of water a day while getting a good nights rest and not forgetting my new HG product....applying my rose hip oil every night. It paid off. I know it's only been 3 nights but it really had made a difference. I wonder what it will be like in a few months. I will continue to use/buy this product. It really is a great oil full of antioxidants. Your skin will thank you.