4.3

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

EFF ME this stuff is a godsend

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product from a company that sells soap making supplies here in Canada. I had tried evening primrose oil before this, as it's supposed to be high in GLA's which some acne prone skins are low in, but it turned out I was quite allergic to that, so i tried this; as it appeared to be high in GLA's as well. I only used it for one night after washing my face, and woke up with several new pimples burgeoning on my forehead, and some white heads along my jaw. It didn't leave my skin softer, or any healthier looking (although of course it was only one night of use), and my skin was just as dry as it had been before application. So in short if you have sensitive acne-prone skin, I would reconsider using either evening primrose or rose hip oil to treat acne. When it comes to acne I just don't trust/follow the "it gets worse before it gets better" theory.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this so much. I have oily skin but now that it is winter I have been battling dry patches and overall dryness. The answer was just a oil underneath my nighttime moisturizer and now my skin is perfect! This hasn't broken me out, and absorbs nicely. It definitely is brightening my skin tone overall and helping little by little with my acne scars. It has a very earthy, herbal smell. If you get the real deal, it will be BRIGHT orange. Buy your oils at health food stores and not on Amazon :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I so, so wanted to love this product. I have moderate-severe acne scarring on my cheeks (hyperpigmentation and pitted scars). Additionally, my skin is ultra sensitive and acne prone. I purchased the 1 oz bottle of Life Flo brand organic RHO because it seemed to be a popular brand among MUAers.

After washing my face, I let it almost completely air dry and then, with clean hands, I warmed a couple of drops of RHO between my palms and pressed this all over my damp face. This method is recommended when applying oils to the face as it distributes evenly and uses less product. I left this on overnight.

I woke up the next morning to clogged pores and tiny white pustules forming on my cheeks and forehead. I stopped using it immediately after this. Most of the pustules when away but one or two turned into larger pimples that took me about a week to get rid of.

I actually decided to give RHO a second shot despite my terrible first experience. The bottle instructs you to "massage onto dry skin". Bad idea! Three or four drop gave me small pustules, the larger amount I had to use for a dry face left me with about three full-blown pimples. Never again!!

I love rosehip oil as it really brightens up my complexion over time with repeated use. It leaves an orangey tinge, so I do not use it by itself during the day. This does not clog pores and leaves a fairly matte finish on skin. The mattest rosehip seed oil I have found is produced by Pai Skincare. Shea Terra Organics also makes a great product, ethically sourced, with no extra junk.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff, has so many uses. My dry, sensitive skin loves it:

- Mix one drop with your foundation to give it a dewier finish and keep your skin soft all day (I use a matte foundation, mixed with 1 drop of rosehip oil. The result is still matte, but glowier)

- Mix 2 drops with moisturizer to kick your moisturizer up a notch (I usually do this at night)

- Apply directly to bare skin when your skin is super dry, and follow with moisturizer

- Use to dissolve waterproof and longwearing makeup (gently massage onto damp face, then wipe off. Follow with regular cleansing routine)

Rosehip seed oil was not a home run for me the way emu oil was. I tried doing a 50/50 mix of emu and rosehip oil to get the benefits of both, and had some stubborn flakiness that wouldn't go away and thought it felt a little astringent. I switched to straight emu oil and both issues went away almost immediately. I have only tried rosehip oil alone a couple of times, and I didn't feel like it sunk in and moisturized as much as I would have liked either. The final negative point is the smell. I thought the recent bottle I got was rancid until I compared it to older oil I had that was actually rancid. I don't get anything nutty, just rancid spoiled oil although it seems to mellow out quickly. I'm giving this oil 2 stars instead of 1 because of the antioxidant benefits it does provide. I think I'll stick to emu oil though.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I haven't had any product, natural or no, give me the glow that rosehip seed oil has, and so quickly too! I use it at night on damp skin immediately after showering, in conjunction with a witch hazel toner, and sometimes mixed with jojoba and tamanu oils. I also use it in the morning after washing my face, just a couple drops, gently massaged into the skin, focusing on fine lines around the eyes and forehead.

It has improved the smooth texture of my skin, and definitely brightened my face, particularly in the undereye area. Rich in omega-6, it's an excellent oil for its anti-aging properties, as it promotes skin cell renewal.

I have not used it long enough to notice its effect on hyperpigmentation and blemishes. Will update.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought Aura Cacia's Organic Rose hip Seed Oil about 6 months ago and have had amazing results with it. First off, I have oily, sensitive skin and have tried almost every natural skin oil on the market to find something that doesn't make me break out more. Rose hip seed is my HG! I put it on when my face is still wet after cleansing, it sinks right into my skin like dumping water on a a thirsty plant. It smooths out wrinkles, gives you a healthy glow and has shaved years off my appearance due to a smoking habit that I've recently FINALLY been able to stop completely. I recommend this product to everyone I meet, it's worth the 14-16$. Has a shelf life of 6 months but I find that if you refrigerate it like it says to do on the bottle, it lasts longer. Even if it didn't, I would definitely buy it again :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This oil is very great ! I have an oily skin and often use rosehip seed oil in the winter. Before sleeping, I massage my face with 2 drops (after using toner and before night cream) and sometime for lips (maybe just 1 drop for lips). So in the cold weather, I still have a healthy and moist skin
I think you should use shea butter instead of moisture cream after rosehip oil. It is really a perfect couple

Popular Face Skincare Products