August 29, 2014 | 1939 users online

Foundations - Almay - Almay Pure Blends Mineral Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by bringhunterthehorizon

The packaging for this is a nightmare, and the application is even worse as I find the brush very course. It did extend the life of my nearly naked Almay foundation though. I used all of this product but I would not purchase nor recommend it. I also can't see this as being a foundation on it's own, it added no extra coverage when I paired it with other foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by dthai90

I cannot believe how expensive this product is! For what it's worth - the powder and brush - it should not retail for more than $AU 20. When this product first came out it was quite expensive from memory.

I recently picked this up at a bargain price - $4. I throw this one in my bag in case of dire "emergencies", but otherwise, to be frank - don't buy this unless you want to look like Edward Cullen. The power is so shimmery it's like dousing your face in micro-glitter. I applied this once in the morning sunlight, and honestly I think I was standing in a cloud of sparkles.

The brush is stiff and synthetic, and the product is so hard to disperse evenly into the brush. When you first use this products it's so difficult to get enough product into the brushes.

The only pro I can mention about this product is that it's good for when you're lazy, in a rush, or applying on public transport, but I would not repurchase this again even if it was only $4.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mondrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If this foundation had a wider range of shades I would try it again, but the only shade that was pale enough for me gave my skin a greyish tone. The good things about this foundation are that it covers blemishes well without looking as though you've got makeup piled on your face, and basically made my skin look flawless (just the wrong color!).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

Though I would not buy this product again, I am keeping this for winter. It's very dewey. I have oily skin but have dry patches during the winter and I could see myself using this when I don't want a totally matte face.
You definitely need a good primer for this foundation [tinted moisturizer]

It's... ok. not worth the original price [got it for $3 at big-lots]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, light shimmery foundation, but unfortunately the applicator is a nightmare and causes me to use waste way too much of the product. I think that it would be more useable if the bristles on the brush were a good quality, but I find that the brush is stiff and lumpy and does not distribute the product efficiently. Using the applicator, I go through this in a little under 2 weeks. If I transfer it to a different container, it lasts around 3, so even though it’s nice it’s simply not cost effective at all, which is a shame as it’s a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by frenchcourtesan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the blush for this. Really great quality and free of talc and parabens.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first had the powder in the brush which I did not like. The brush was scratchy, the powder did not come out well and the coverage was not very good/was somewhat shiny.
I got the new liquid pure blends version and really like it. It has light coverage and is moisturizing which I needed in the winter. It left no flaky patches. I also had no bad reactions to it. Just wish it had a little more coverage but overall a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lojo699

I am reviewing the Almay Pure Blends 97.4% natural hypoallergenic foundation.
I would classify this foundation more as a tinted moisturizer since it does not offer much in the form of coverage. That is the reason I took two lipsticks off. If heavy coverage of pimples, wrinkles, etc is your top priority, this is not the product for you.
That said however, this is a great product for the spring and summer months. It feels like a creamy moisturizer and not heavy/cakey foundation. I recommend this product for those days you want to appear like you're not wearing makeup, but you will want your skin looking radiant. This product adds just a touch of color and coverage by gets my support for making my skin look soft, clear and radiant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

My HG in mineral makeup is EDM Intensive in Multitasking Cool, but sometimes you need a change, so when I saw this at Big Lots for $4, I said, "why not?"

Packaging:
It took me a few moments to figure out how it works and the brush is scratchy, not stiff enough, and smells horrid. That said, its also really portable and I like the idea of it.

Product:
Like with other mmu, the coverage is very buildable. Just remember lots of thin layers with a lot of buffing with that icky brush :( I still like the finished look, it really blends in. I still needed undereye concealer, but no makeup can ever cover up my circles, so that not a reflection on the mmu, but on my undereye circles. It didn't irritate my face and has medium longevity. I picked up 200 since that was all they had. I worried it would be too dark, but its perfect and one benefit of mmu is that it can be off, but still look decent.

Overall I'm satisfied and while I wouldn't pay full price for it, I would pay $4 again at Big Lots.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by parisenne

I've always wanted to try this but hesitated due to the price. Its usually around $35 in Aus, but I managed to buy it for $17 which is really cheap.
I love the luminosity this product gives. I would say it is a light to med coverage, it gives a slight glowy, airbrushed look. It wont completely cover dark imperfections so concealer is still necessary.
The trick with the applicator is to half click it, then buff the brush on your arm until you see powder coming out, then use it on your face. Don't over-click, it might seem as though nothing comes out but it does. It doesn't really bother me though, I think the applicator is convenient to take to uni, work.
Used over concealer, it gives me a flawless, natural, glowy look which I love for daytime. I spray evian over & pat it in to make sure it blends better into any lines, around my mouth, nose & forehead. When I wore this the other day, my friend & my sister both commented on how my skin glowed & looked so airbrushed.
However, I find that it I put too much on, it makes me look metallic! Which is what happened the first time I tried. So be careful, apply in layers so you can control the luminosity & apply in good lighting.
I have oily skin but I found this product actually helped to control that. My skin doesn't oil up as much as normal when I wear this.
I took off one lippie due because it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. After around 5 hours it fades a little, but I'm planning on trying it tomorrow with primer underneath & see how it goes.