August 28, 2014 | 1709 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by thatfabulousgirl

Hi! I absolutely love this powder. It's inexpensive, and for me lasts awhile. I personally do not like compacted powders because they tend to get broken inside the compact and they don't seem to last long to me. So, I use loose powder. I love how this is not expensive, it lasts, and it leaves a matte finish.
There are only two cons. One is that some people probably would not like the smell.I love it, it reminds me of my grandma. (:
The other is how it can easily spill everywhere. What I do is I pour some of it into a tighter container when I take it to go.
I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a rediscovered oldie but goodie. This powder has been around for years and I used it when I was a teenager first wearing makeup. For Oily skin this is a great mattifying powder with that familiar and nostalgic Noxema scent, which i personally love. It smells "clean" to me. Being oily and acne prone, I've always searched for a great loose powder to set my foundation with and decided to give this one a try again. Believing that my makeup skill and expectations have increased over the years, I was interested in trying this again to see what I thought. Still impressed! Although it comes with a puff, I apply it with a fluffy powder blush as a setting powder and it keeps me matte all day. IF you're interested in an inexpensive (I never say cheap as I think this word implicates a lack of quality) loose powder I recommend giving this one a try. I use translucent light (for reference I am NC30-NC35 in MAC, Ivory Beige in ELDW, Warm Golden in Revlon CS) and it is undetectable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised that the low rating; I love this. I live in Toronto and it is so hot and humid this week; feels like 44 degrees Celsius and this powder really came through. Keeps my face from looking shiny for hours and goes on smooth and light with a nice touch of coverage. Oh and the kicker; it was $8.99 at Shoppers!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ohtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This loose powder by Cover Girl is not the worst but I wouldn't say it is the greatest. It's one of those products that are on the fence and just gets the job done. I really like that it doesn't flake up my skin and leaves it pretty smooth and soft. It keeps my foundation in tack and my super oily skin at bay.

Packaging could use some reinventing. There is a sifter included but it's not a closed sifter, so if you tumble the container your powder will be spilling inside and it can get pretty messy. I like that it comes with a powder puff which is cute and convenient but it surely needs some sort of strap or handle.

And yes, just like the other reviewers have mentioned the scent is quite strong. It doesn't bother me because I'm not too sensitive to the smell but damn it's pretty sharp when you first apply it to your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Normally I do not wear anything covergirl don't get me wrong I love drugstore I just find the other drugstore brands are far superior now a days. Anyways I saw a beauty guru use this in her foundation routine video and swears by it. She also has similar skin like me which is a little oily. The way she uses this is by pushing the puff onto the skin packing it in sort of like stippling. So since I love trying what she does I purchased this and applied exactly how she did and love it. Normally I use rimmel matte powder but this stuff does exact thing and leaves a less powder finish. It looses a mark for the scent it does have a strong noxzema scent which tends to linger. I still am not a fan of covergirl but I definitely like this product. Check out the beauty vaults video on her current foundation routine to see how she applies it may help! www.thebeautyvault.ca she's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by thesarahmichellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this product several times. I use it everyday that I don't want to use liquid foundation. it makes my face so soft. I always tell my boyfriend 'Oh please feel my face! It's so soo so so soft !!!!! it's a great turn on for guys too so. That's a plus!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by inkiwisative

I hate this powder. I can't rate it's performance as a setting powder, because I couldn't get it passed my nose to try it. The smell is so strong, and it's not pleasant. I am extremely sensitive to fragrance, and I swear, as soon as I took this out of the packaging - my eyes started to water and my lips began to sting (strange, I know) - that was before I'd even taken the cap off. I wish I had spent my $18 on something worth while. DO NOT TRY if you are sensitive to fragrance, it's a complete waste of money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the price, this product is excellent.
------------------
Pros:
Long-lasting
Maintains matte appearance
Doesn't collect in creases
Evens skin tone
Cheap
------
Cons:
Scent - I like the scent, but I would prefer it unscented or less strong
Format - I wish there was a way to get a small amount of powder up - I either get too much and make a mess, or not enough

-------------

I use a brush, and not the pad that is included in the jar. Someone below me said there is glitter in it but there isn't any glitter in mine...

I recently had the opportunity to blow some $$ on makeup and my first upgrade was powder. I tried CoverFX and I tried Stila, both over $30. I returned them both and went back to CG. I literally put CoverFX or Stila on one half of my face, CG on the other, and asked my husband to tell me which looked better. Both times he picked CG (and I agreed).

Give it a try - if you don't like it, you're only out $6!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing a yt guru swear by this powder I decided to buy it. Two things caught me by suprise as soon as I opened it, 1. The fragrance. Its soooooo strong. As someone who is very sensitive to fragrances, this was a negative. 2. Theres glitter!
Why would anyone want glitter in a setting powder is beyond me. Also this powder just sits on top of the skin, very noticible. I threw it out last week, never again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by BettyBoop01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My face gets a shiny-oily quality during the day when I'm going out of the house. This powder, however, keeps the oil at bay in a great way! It truly does its job well. I apply it in the morning then re-apply it at noon because within about 4-5 hours it begins to wear off. However, it really keeps the shine away and blends in well with the skin with a natural look! I love how it doesnt feel like its caked on my face...it feels light and is very efficient! I reccommend this to anyone wishing to make the oily shine on their face dissapear!
-I do not reccomend this to people with dry facial skin though, because it makes dryness stand out in a rough, flaky way. However, if your skin doesnt suffer from dryness, definitley give this product a try!