September 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Primordiale Cell Defense Serum [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by linda9968

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank goodness I did not purchase this product! I had a sample that I tried and had to wash it off immediately. The smell is horrible! The product has entirely too much fragrance. I haven't found any Lancome product that I would purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by amberlea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First thing I did when I got this was type the ingredients into the cosmetics safety database and it scored like a 9. Another downside- It has mica in it, which gives you a few specks on glitter on your face, only a few so I can ignore it, but I'd prefer for it to not have any. It feels sticky at first but then it goes away and you dont feel anything.
    I used to use the previous Lancome Primordial Intense Night Serum which made my skin sensitive to the sun and gave me a sunspot on my cheek, because I used it in the day without sunscreen and it had acids in it for cell renewal.
    In order to get rid of that sunspot, years later, after fumbling around with irritating peels, I was going to purchase that again, because it had some kind of (beta and alpha I think they called them "poly") hydroxy acids which acted as a peel.
    I figured if I only used it at night and used a sunscreen during the day it should be okay, but it's been discontinued.
    So I got this, which is slightly different but I'm so paranoid about it ruining my skin, Ive used it with caution (sunscreen or not wear this at all if I'm in the sun).
    It has lessened fine lines and my pores, so I upped the score I gave it before because all in all it does work to a degree but maybe its the milk I leave on my face at night thats actually improving my skin? I wouldn't but this again and will try Loreal youth code instead because I don't like how this feels on my skin when I put it on and I'm not confident that its healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

this product was a generally good product. i noticed that it helped midly with my acne, reducing it a bit, even though i didn't think that came in the description. it did make my skin look and feel better on the platforms that it said it would. i got this on sale, so it wasn't as expensive as regularly priced lancome products. i wish that the bottle was a bit bigger, but i would buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by madduke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No big deal.

I got this serum as a GWP and was pretty happy at first cuz i read all the great reviews about it making your skin smoother. But when i actually tried it, i did not feel that it was THAT great, or that my skin was particularly THAT much smoother.

pro: i did feel like there was a shield or barrier on my skin (in a good way, not oily) that shielded it from outside pollution, and my skin felt like it was slightly firmer and 'lifted' (i wonder if there is some collagen or other ingredient that 'lifts' in this?). Mild lancome fragrance, not offensive.

con: Using it every morning did cause me to get a few pimples and blocked pores so i find i have to take a break every two days to allow my skin to heal. Unfortunately the fact that my skin has to heal from it and it causes blocked pores means i will not buy it, especially at the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by jenkins1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is an amazing serum for someone wanting to put off the aging process meaning you have good skin and you want to keep it that way for sometime!!! It is full of antioxidants that help with free radical damage! Lancome has discontinued this product and replaced it with genifique a youth activating serum which dose even more for your skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by LillieMan

wow. I found this product at my local Costco for only $19.99! I then used my phone's web browser to check up on MUA to see the ratings but it's only 3.3... bleh. but when I found out that the retail is $65... I decided to give it a try! thank goodness I did :) this product made my skin softer like within 15 minutes... no lies. I think I'm going to back Costco to stock up on some because I don't want to buy it at the full price :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by p0rtuguesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to work for Lancome (I HATED the majority of the line, so I am not biased, believe me haha) so I got to try this serum out during the time I was employed there.

I'm so upset that they this discontinued this! [please correct me if I'm wrong, but I honestly can't find it ANYWHERE on either website, and when I worked at Lancome we had to audit all of the primordiale serum and ship it back to them. We thought it was because they would have new packaging like the rest of the stuff, but we never got any replacement :/ ]

My skin was honestly at it's BEST when I was using this. At first, it made my skin literally peel off and it kind of scared me at first, until I talked to my manager and co-workers and realized it was SUPPOSED to do that. The serum is packed full of anti-oxidants, and is meant to increase cell turnover, which is the renewing of your skin cells. So basically, it helped slough off all the dead, unwanted skin on my face! I loved the fact that it was also helping protect my skin against pre-mature aging while giving it the nutrients it needed.
    After the initial peeling period, my skin was gorgeous and radiant, very even looking and just felt great! This stuff also lasted me a REALLY long time. I used it both day and night, under my moisturizers. About 1 and a half pumps was good for my entire face. It absorbed fairly quickly, and my skin felt hydrated and healthy. I also liked the smell.
    I was a little bit pricey at $72 CAD but it was definitely worth it to me!
    Since I have stopped using it, my skin has definitely not been the same. I am now on a quest to find a new serum that does the same great things for my skin. No luck yet, though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I'm in my early 30's and just started thinking about serious "grown-up" skincare. I have tiny lines around the outer corners of my eyes and slight laugh lines as well as some rough patches and uneven tone. I bought a trial size of this about a month ago and still have some left. I only use this in the pm. I must say, I have fussy skin and this didn't make me breakout like other serums I tried. When I put this on my skin, it feels so smooth I swear when you use this, you have to reisist touching your face! After 2 days, I noticed a difference in my skin's texture and tone. I love this product and will buy the bigger size when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start by saying i have bad skin i easily break out and have blemishes. I tried the product because i read in the back flawless skin and i desperately wanted that.This product is wonderful it totally cleared my skin took my blemishes away, my pores looked smaller, my skin was soft and glowing a first for me.I wore no make-up and friends were asking what was i doing b/c my skin looked so healthy it was flawless.My boyfriend totally seen a huge difference in my skin also.I was washing my face nightly,using the serum and than putting on the lancome moisturizer.I love it!!! it worked wonders on my skin.Would buy over and over!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by appledaily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I should have read this post before trying this serum!
    I got this free with the primodiale kit. i love the day and moisturizer very much and then I began to use this serum! yes, it did make my skin feel smooth and soft. however after using it for a few days, I started to have tiny breakouts on my cheek after using this!!!! I usually don't have breakout and my face looks worse than before!!!! i have to stop using it and hope my skin will get clear again!