Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Gold 9L

on 7/14/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous color, but it's a little crumbly and hard to put on evenly.

on 4/9/2009 12:33:00 AM

I tried my friend's matte black and it smudged terribly. So when we dropped by MUFE, i still wanted an aqua eyes liner but definitely not black. I got the gold shade and whoa, i definitely struck gold (no pun intended lol)! It didn't smudge, it was long-lasting, it's waterproof. I use it to line my lower eyelid, highlight my inner V and just to open up my eyes. :-D Wouldn't repurchase though since i discovered their eye sealant. ;-)

on 2/3/2009 10:40:00 AM

This is a nice color for blue eyes when used on the waterline and paired with a warm, coppery golden shadow and lots of black mascara. It is very warm looking and makes my eyes glow.

on 8/26/2008 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this as part of the bronze collection along with four other colours. I have to say I am not exactly pleased. A lot of people rave about these pencils, but I find them too soft and smudgy. It is impossible to draw a thin, sharp line with them, so if this is your MU style, then definitely stay away! Initially I thought that this was due to the very hot weather, but I put them in the fridge for several hours and the results were the same. Regarding the colour, this one is more of a yellow gold and not a true metallic gold! It is quite interesting and different, although not so easily wearable. Still, I would not repurchase due to the dissapointing texture.

on 8/9/2008 12:49:00 AM

I love this line, but this one wasn't as great for me. I hate to be the lone voice of dissent, but I thought this was a bit yellow-y. I was hoping for something a little more gold. Like all the others, it goes on very nicely and lasts all day, the color just wasn't spot on for me.

on 7/6/2008 12:14:00 PM

Check out the picture. This is a true gold- none of that disappointing, weak yellow that some supposedly "gold" eyeliner/shadows turn out to be. I got it as part of my aqua eyes set (kind of a misleading name, since it's all bronze, brown, black, gold, silver) and I use it more as a inner-corner highlighter and shadow. The reason I took one lippie off is because while it's soft, it's a bit hard to spread- if you make a mistake, you can't rub it off with a finger. I guess it's because it's waterproof, but if I don't draw carefully enough, it creates a harsh gold line that I can't get rid of. But it does make my brown eyes pop, so that's a plus.

on 7/12/2007 2:52:00 PM

This is a holy grail gold eyeliner for me! It is super metallic yellow gold with awesome is a very vibrant true gold with excellent staying power. The other gold eyeliner I liked (before this one kicked it to the curb) was NARS showgirl..which seems dull, dirty and lifeless compared to this one! I love the metallic aqua eyes pencils..the ones that aren't described as metallic are meh. Would definitely repurchase!