The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Palm Kernel Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Chloride, Limonene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Yellow 5, Blue 1

on 5/8/2014 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love TBS tea tree skincare line I use the tea tree face cleanser gel for my face and this bar soap for my body. But I don't use it all over my body just on my back and around my breast area to prevent and treat acne. The soap last quite a long time. I usually buy it when TBS have their sale and got it for $2.

on 9/6/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG! I want to buy this soap! I'm prone to acne since i was in elementary now that I am 23 years of age,i'm still suffering from this acne all over my face.. How much is the tra tree oil soap in Philippine market? Does anybody here knows the price of the soap..? >.<

on 7/28/2009 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this soap in a BUY 2 GET THE THIRD FREE dealf if you buy from a certain line of products, so i bought from the tea tree oil line since i have oily, acne prone skin.

i bought 2 bars, along with a blemish stick for my sister,
and the tea tree oil blotting tissues that were 2 for 10 so i ended up playing 24 bucks in total. hmm whatever.

IT LASTED ME A LONG TIME. my first bar is out, but i recently opened the second, i keep it out in a soap dish out in the open with no cap cause i figured i like the soap dry, and solid, not wet and mushy, it also lasts longer that way.

i dont use this often anymore, once in a while i gues, queen helene stole the daily cleansing spot that used to belong to this soap.
i scrub my cleasing pad on it and lather onto my face, the scent is great, smells natural and light and the colour of the bar is so pretty!
its a pretty great cleanser all around, you'll feel squeaky clean. though it left my skin dry after if i dont moisturize.

i wouldnt purchase it again though since i bought it as a one time thing, i dont like to spend 7 bucks on a cleansing soap bar from some reason, even though thats just a couple of dollars more than my current cleanser. oh well. overall, it didnt do much difference and i kinda of felt a residue from the soap for some reason? im not sure.

on 5/1/2009 9:20:00 AM

I've been using this soap for 3 weeks now and I've seen great results! I use this all over my body including my face. I love the tea tree smell cause it smells natural and organic. It's quite a clear bar soap, i think. After using it to wash my face, I find my skin sqeaky clean and really refreshed! I have oily and acne-prone skin so this tea tree oil stuff really works wonders! A lot of people tell me my skin has been clearing up! I do use an oil-free moisturizer right after i wash my face. The bar lasted 3 weeks for me, and im gonna repurchase again soon! :)

on 8/4/2008 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this soap with the hopes of finding something more "natural" to wash my face with. I've been using it regularly for about a couple of weeks now, and I really love it. It lathers up nicely, and after I rinse, my face feels so clean and refreshed. Some people might not care for the smell of it (sort of a medicinal / anti-bacterial scent), but I don't mind it at all. Works great as a facial cleanser for acne-prone / oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I can see how this soap would work well for those with acne-prone skin, but since I have dry skin, it did not work for me!!! I got it for my birthday with a few other tea tree oil products and out of the bunch, the soap was my least favourite. My face is somewhat oily and breakout-prone so the face washes work very well for me, but the tea tree oil soap just stripped my skin of all its moisture. In order to use it up I washed with it after the gym because it does give a nice clean feeling and it feels like a heavy-duty cleanser. However, I prefer to use body washes as an everyday body cleanser because soaps are just too drying.

on 12/4/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This does a good job at preventing breakouts and drying up my existing acne. It could do a better job at actually cleaning my face though. After I use a toner, I still see dirt, but I would repurchase and keep as a backup soap when my I'm out of my fave. NOTE: Very drying, only for those with oily skin.

on 10/16/2007 10:42:00 PM

I love this soap. I have suffered from back and chest acne for the past year, and although some of the cleansers I tried (antibacterial and benzoyl peroxide) kept me from getting future breakouts, they didn't fully clear up the problem. After using this soap for two weeks I am completely clear (plus, I don't have to worry about bleaching out my towels). I also find that this soap isn't as drying as other antibacterial cleansers. It's also fairly inexpensive. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is great soap! it's a bar meant for oily skin--hence the tea tree oil. it has been great for me so far--not causing any breakouts or extra oiliness and my face feels super clean and fresh after using it! plus, the bar is a really pretty green color, so it looks nice in the bathroom :) it isn't too expensive and lasts a while in my opinion--it doesnt take much to create a nice lather!

love it! :)