September 21, 2014 | 1869 users online

Styling Products - Nick Chavez - Amazon Hair Body Building Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet45

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I have long, color treated, (heat styled a lot) hair. Fine hair but a lot of it so it appears thick. This is perfect for my hair. I use it more as a hair spray then as a body building product. This si the only product I have found that holds my style throughout the day without weighing it down or feeling overly producty. (Made up a word) Its $19 for a bottle, lasted me about a year and I just repurchased it which reminded me to write a review! Also they sell smaller bottles at Ulta if you want to test it and/or for travel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I have very fine thin hair which gets greasy very fast. I bought this spray to try to liven up my hair without using a lot of styling products. I do not like to heat style my hair as it is very thin (and up until recently I was losing it but the HairMax lasercomb has reversed this) and my hair falls out very easily with just regular brushing. This spray can be used on dry hair so I though that this would be perfect for me. Unfortunately this just didn't work. I followed the directions several times and each time still had the same lifeless hair but that felt weighed down. This felt sticky and made my hair look like it had been sprayed with glue or something! This product didn't give me any more volume but just left my hair feeling dirty and coated. Won't buy again and I think this has been discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Okay the whole story in a nutshell:

I was mesmerized by Nick's performance on QVC. Mainly the plump n thick thickening spray which this is NOT. I had that on my wishlist along with the plump n thick shampoo and conditioning creme. I had a wedding to go and because his shipping takes a while, there would be no way I would get my products in time. I ran to Ulta, couldn't find the plump n thick hairspray so I got this amazon building instead. And I read the description, the more you use yada yada.

Here's the thing, I was in charge of doing my Aunt's & my moms hair and makeup for the wedding. I was really siked for this stuff because after all the shows I watched on QVC, they would definatley look like the models, especially how he works the hair and combs his fingers through, they shake it out, they look amazing.

Uh no. I was mortified when I finished styling my moms hair, started spraying all over, trying to work the hair, IT STUCK TO ITSELF. Like someone spilled soda on her hair or something. Gross. I felt so bad. Same thing for my Aunt's hair. I was like what the F? So no it probably doesn't work like plump n thick and I know its a completley different product, but I don't know it just isn't what I thought. Maybe I got a knock off? Fake? Oh well. I will try plump n thick though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by labornurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolute holy grail for my blonde, kinda thick, easly tangled wavy hair! It gives great curl hold and definition, does not weigh hair down, and leave it shiny and combable. It doesn't seem to ever build up on the hair either. I use it on towel dried hair to scrunch my curls while I diffuse dry. Can't live without it, I keep a stockpile, I fear the day its discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. Better than any spray gel I've ever used. I have verrry fine, fragile, color treated long hair. It's very tough to find something to put body into it to help hold my morning styling. This really does create body and bounce and texture in my hair--and the effect lasts almost the whole work day. You have to use it liberally, but it does not flake or build up. In fact, you can really go crazy spraying it into your hair without fear of build up. I spray it into my roots and throughout my hair--it works great. It's not a hairspray...but an aerosol spray gel. It's a little on the spendy side, but I have yet to find a product that does what this does. Very impressive stuff. I follow with Pantene Texturizing Hairspray if I want to totally lock the style down so it doesn't move.