December 18, 2014 | 1714 users online

Self Tanners - Kanebo - Sensai Silky Bronze self tanning

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Raysofthesun

The best self tanner ever. Gel content, absorbs quickly, smells powdery, no streaks and one application is enough for a medium tan. The price is a little high but 1 tube goes along whole summer and even some for the next one :))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

This one is expensive.Very expensive.
But I think, it is also a very good self tanner, that doesn´t dry out your skin. For me, this is the reason, I want to change to another self tanner.
I often felt, that for my combo-acne-prone skin this self tanner is a little bit "too much".
It contains nourishing, anti-ageing ingredients, that made my skin feel sticky.
But if you have dry skin, try this one. It makes a huge difference and doesn´t dry out your skin as other self tanners tend to do.
The colour is very natural with a light glow. Best colour I´ve ever had with a self tanner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an outrageously expensive self-tanner that delivers a light, very natural and glowing tan color.

I don't use it often, because when I go out "officially" I wear foundation that covers the tan. However, working at home means many days with minimal makeup, and this is the time when I need a self-tanner. Despite living in Florida, my complexion is pasty and I do not have much natural flush. My day-to-day look is blush and lipgloss (no eye makeup, no foundation) and without the self-tanner I can look a bit wan. I've found the Kanebo product to deliver the most natural tan color with my slightly sallow skin; this and a bit of pink blush replicate a couple of days in the sun.

As noted in the other reviews, this product is a gel and it takes a long time to produce color. When it does, it's a light color and will likely not suit those looking for a more pronounced imitation tan. The gel is non-greasy and you can easily apply blush over it after half an hour.

The color, when it finally develops, is impressive. I've had some trouble with other tanners turning orange or looking flat and muddy. This is not the case here. It's a gentle, healthy color that is more towards a very light brown. It matches exactly the light tan I get on my arms when driving, and it eliminates the wan look.

Another pricey bronzer that is equally as good on the face is made by Orlane. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have noticed this has gotten rather mixed reviews, here and elsewhere... But I really think it deserves a little better...;)

The pricetag however is way off the charts, especially considering it is not much different from it's predeccessor, (the Honey Glow), and also comes in a smaller tube... Bad, bad, Kanebo...

But apart from that this is really a very good self-tanner! And especially so for women who are not 16 anymore... but suffer from drier skins, less baby smooth wrinklefree skin...

To me this is one of the smoothest self-tanners out there! It gives really even color and it is hard to make it streak. Instead it makes my skin silky soft, even though it is a gel! And that is unusual for self-tanners in general, since the coloragent in them tends to dry all skintypes a little, making it extra important for drier skintypes to exfoliate and moisturize extra when using a selftanner...
But this is a bit of an exception to that rule...

The color is very nice. Smooth and a bit warm in nuance caramel brown. Not yellow or orange however, but not sandy either, so it gives you that look you have right after you come home from a good day in the sun when you haven't burned...;)

Some say that this doesn't give much color... That is truly not my experience. It gives quite a bit of color in just one application for me, and with more applications you can go quite bronze with this. However, the color develops rather slowly. And the full result doesn't show in the three- four hours that most brands have gotten us used to, but rather takes ten to 12 hours to develop fully...
And that can be good to know, so you don't expect a super result 30 minutes after putting it on... This is therefore not your quickfix but rather your longterm solution...;)
There is no selftan out there, that I know of, that fades better and more evenly than this does... which at least for me counts for something...

For me this is my most luxourious and perfect combo-product...
I use this once a week after showering and exfoliating. It gives me my base tan, and then I continue everyday or every other day with a gradually building selftan/moisturizer to slightly deepen the color but mostly to maintain the level of tanning and the even result throughout the week without drying out my skin.

And for that this works very well, except for my wallet of course...;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the newest ST on the market. It replaces Honey Glow. I have used every ST possible: Chanel, Dior, Sisley, Cosmetics, Clarins, La Prairie, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Helena Rubinstein, Lavera, Self tanning towlets, spray cabins,... you give me a name, I surely have tried it. This is not as expensive as you might thinking, cause you get a big bottle (5,1 oz.) for it's price. 3x Dior, Chanel... at 75 euro. Not a bargain, but still pretty affordable. The packeging is really nice: a golden dop, and a refined tube. Texture: gel. The description says gel-cream. Well, that's not true. It's a clear gel, which surprisingly is able to moisturize the skin. Well done. Negative: it is a bit sticky and it smells wierd. Not the typical ST smell, but an alcoholic smell which thank god fades pretty fast. The ST smell eventually pops on, just like every other ST except Dior. Result: spot free golden skin. It's fool proof and the color last pretty long. I definetely like it, altough Kanebo's skin care range has dissapointed me. Why I will not buy it again? Chanel in Bronze is just better. Color is more believeble and it isn't sticky. Color of Dior is also better. It's a good ST but not the best I'm afraid. I'm currently using it on my body mixed with the dark version of Clarins face ST and it makes me totally bronzed. UPDATE: I already hate the smell and the fact that it doesn' give as much color as I would like to. It's a very light ST, nothing for those who want to look bronzed!