TheBalm Read My Lips

3.0

on 7/11/2007 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Read My Lips is TheBalm's lip liner product. This is a pretty average lip liner. I don't detect anything special in this one. They don't even advertise that it's anything special or any reason why you'd buy this over the countless other lip liners out there. I have the color Dream. It's basically a version of MAC Spice with a more peach undertone. Nice neutral but really nothing to write home about. The pencils are kinda stiff which is nice for when you sharpen them but they can give kind of a harsh line if you don't go back and blend them well. I'm pretty sure they were made more dry and matte so they could hold the lipglosses this company is known for in place. The one bonus to these is that they are very matte and definitely hold up to applying lipgloss over top without creaping, wearing off, or wandering. The downside is they really aren't anything special from their color selection to their packaging. They use those see through plastic caps that are notorious for cracking and not staining on the pencil in your purse. I like my Kevyn Aucoin liner better. I have no real complaint with this one but also no real rave either. It's just kind of ...eh...so-so.

Popular Lip Liners