December 20, 2014 | 1626 users online

Gels/Soaps - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Body Exfoliating Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

I've used for years the Dove Extra Moisture bar soap, buying in bulk at Costco. I dipped my toes into shower gels, but I always revert back to soap. I love mint and thought this soap would be a great treat at the recent Bath and Body Works Semi Annual Sale...

WE LOVE THE SOAP! Even my die hard Irish Spring boyfriend will use this soap, who in the 4 years I've been with him, will not use anything else! I'm stocking up!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$7.50 for one bar 7 oz / 198 G.

I love mint smells. This one has a slighter sweeter smelling mint smell. It's a very large bar! I love using it on my feet and underarms :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

For mintiness, this soap is about 8/10. Yes, it could be mintier as far as I'm concerned, but it's still nicely minty. For exfoliating, I give it a 7/10 - I prefer a scrubbier soap, with oatmeal or ground myrrh. The walnut shell in this is very finely ground, maybe too finely - I can practically guarantee it won't tear your skin. In fact, I could use this on my face without fear. The minty scent doesn't linger on my skin. I like that it's not drying, and the big bar will last a while. My only gripe is that the large rectangular bar is awkward and easy to drop while wet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall a good summer soap, however if you like the Mentha smell, try Dr. Bronners peppermint soap. You can get a Trader Joes at least half the cost of this bar. As for this bar, I didn't find it effective for exfoliating and it may be a little harsh on your sensitive areas!! Also I would find it too drying for winter. Priced a little too high just for a bar of soap but it's has lasted. I would hesitate to repurchase cuz most likely would just go for the Dr. Bronners which is way cheaper. However I still think it's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by charliecat31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in HOT AND HUMID Florida and have been searching for a cooling shower gel. Well, I found it. It's C.O. Bigelow (sold at Bath and Body Works) Mentha Body Vitamin Body Wash. It's on sale right now for $5! I used it for the first time tonight and by the time I was half way through my shower I was COLD and had to turn the hot water up! This stuff is fantastic! Think I'll mix it half and half with another shower gel though so I don't get quite so cold.

For anyone who lives in a hot climate and looking for a way to beat the heat a little - this is a must have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by stars_and_oceans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this soap is fabulous! It has 1% peppermint oil, so it smells like true peppermint and is extremely refreshing! It's quite a strong smell that really wakes me up in the morning, but if you don't like peppermint, I would definitely stay away! It has very tiny pieces of walnut shell in it, which is nice because they exfoliate without being so big that they are too rough! i have also used this on my face and like it for that too, although it is meant to be for the body. price is $7.50, which isn't too bad, considering the bar is huge! overall, a great product with the added benefit of being so refreshing in the morning! love it :)