April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Hot Rocks Radiant Face Powder in Sedona Canyon

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product and it was cheap, cheap, cheap!!! The packaging sucks; it opens upside down, and the little sponge applicator they give you is useless, but it gives my fair skin a nice, subtle glow, without being too muddy. I apply it with my Quo blusher brush (a brand only available at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada...as far as I know) and it works just fine. I do have to dip it a few times to get the product to show up though. It's great for fair skin, but probably not pigmented enough for medium-darker skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this last night, and I am wearing it today and already love it! This one contains little balls of brown and pink pigments, and when you swirl your brush in all of them, gives a nice pinky glow on my NC40 skin. You do have to dip your brush in it a few times to have it really show up, but the ending look is worth it. I took 1 lippie off for the crappy packaging. The balls are just loose in there and can fall out really easily. This is LE so hurry and pick one up!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

Ok, so this is an LE I guess knock off of Meteorites from NYC. I saw it in the drugstore and thought it looked really cute, so picked it up on a whim. I was so excited and came home to check MUA reviews, and then I was disapointed. I rubbed my finger against all of the balls, and saw no color on my finger. Then I picked one ball up, and rubbed it against my hand, and saw a pretty bronze color so I knew I had to smash this up. I'm not sure if there's some kind of weird coating on these or what it is, btu if you rub the balls, you will get no pigment. If you smash them up, it's a really nice glowy rosey blush. I still only gave this a 3, because for the effort, it's not really worth it plus I wanted the balls, and I had to smash them up in order to make them usable, so they're no longer cute. Another thing that really bothers me is the packaging. You have to open this upside down and the sponge that comes with it is absolutely useless for this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jbabygirl88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute crap. I'm glad I only paid $2.99 for this because it's horrible. Like the previous reviewer said it has absolutely no pigment to it whatsover. I'm extremely pale and it does nothing on my skin or even show up on the brush for that matter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I pretty sure these are LE for summer 2007...hell if I know offhand though, I just know that I won't be repurchasing b/c it is really pointless to buy something (even if it is only a dollar or two) just b/c it is cute and gimmicky. I probably would have taken it back, but I feel lame taking back something that only cost a couple of bucks.

Hot Rocks are little pearls of powder... think PF Pearls of Perfection blushes & face powders or the even more popular Guerlain Meteorites. But it looks of the powder pearls only. There are no comparisons to be found anywhere between this and any other pearl like product. I didn't expect there to be when I bought it....but I did expect...something I guess.

Instead I was met with very little. In fact I could pick up not a drop of pigment from the little balls which come in bronze, tan & pink. (There is also another shade in which the balls come in gold, peach, & pink, needless to say I will not be trying it.) If we want to be honest here, some of the little balls even wedged up into my brush and just kind of stuck there. Strange. And the container is much to small to swirl the brush around.

I finally decided to crush them. So much for buying them for the pearly little balls of cuteness eh? Crushed, I get some pigment and color payoff. It is an okay bronzer for my LLL skintone. But overall has just been a PITA. Skip this and save your dollar or two for something that doesn't suck so much.

continued >>